Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

wow.. It's a lot worse out today then yesterday, long lines waiting for a ticket. :smh: Nike is wrong for these being this limited.. They've already hyped the hell out off 1s for the last few years. Some folk haven't even recovered from bombing on Chi's. To make things worse, they don't even sell their own shoes online anymore.. FTL & Co is a joke online. I used to actually get stuff off of Nike fairly often, it's not as bad when every other store is dropping at the same time.

I been out the Jordan game for 2 years now, crazy to see they're still raffling off kicks SMH. Good luck to those that want these, looking like they might be a hard pick up. I myself can't give into the hype. If I have to pay resell prices or wait on super long lines to get my kicks it just wasn't meant for me to have them. Plus with so many other shoes dropping as well as older joints I never got to pick up that I can now get for the low, how do you keep up? Too many shoes to buy and enjoy, rather just enjoy what I already have and pick up whatever else I can that isn't breaking my pockets.

Do you realize how irrational it is? Refer to my post above about #NTLogic
Let's be real here. Take crooked managers out of the equation and your chances would still be slim to none. Let people flourish, it's not that serious. People need to realize you don't NEED these shoes you just WANT them. I have to deal with shady store managers in my city too, but I'm still not going out of my way to throw dudes under a bus. Some of my friends flourish on the hook up tip. Do I wish I had it like that? Sure! Do I hate my friends cause they have it like that? Nope, not one bit. It was my fault for not making connections like they did. There's a old saying "it's not what you know, but who you know".

Last edited:
What's resell price on these
They were released for the Quai 54/ 30th Jordan anniversary in Paris. Few pairs already on the local Craigslist going for the same price (600-850) if not more than the Royals go for here... 

Then again Royals were never big here until about a year or so when the resell game exploaded. Many pairs were available for 250/300, much less than the Breds were going for.

There used to be no corelation between the local craigslist and ebay; it's over now

Last edited:
Your original comment is contradicting if you really want people to be about team retail...your shops backdoor a secondary market reseller that doesn't sell his items for retail.
Read my response to that post again. I said The Extra Extra Ppl Spend To a Get A Pair They Could have used that towards a pair at retail and have change leftover to spoil they girl afterwards. I live in Alabama so to me the BD isn't a problem/much of a deal to me compared to big retailer shoes stores in NY, Cali, Florida and other states/cites with the problems. I still walk away on rd with my raffle pairs so I'm happy.

Do you realize how irrational it is? Refer to my post above about #NTLogic
Let's be real here. Take crooked managers out of the equation and your chances would still be slim to none. Let people flourish, it's not that serious. People need to realize you don't NEED these shoes you just WANT them. I have to deal with shady store managers in my city too, but I'm still not going out of my way to throw dudes under a bus. Some of my friends flourish on the hook up tip. Do I wish I had it like that? Sure! Do I hate my friends cause they have it like that? Nope, not one bit. It was my fault for not making connections like they did. There's a old saying "it's not what you know, but who you know".
Oh boo hoo, the poor manager got "thrown under the bus". I feel so bad. What's he going to do now? Have to find a job where he's not making $3 more per hour over his minimum wage employee?

It's not personal, it's business. Get the slime out. That's a start. Having to know some loser who I would otherwise never want to speak with, let alone act like I'm buddies with, just to pay him off to get what should be available through the business he works for? It's silly.

"It's not what you know, but who you know" - apply that however you want. I'll apply it to the loser who is 30 and still managing a shoe store with no hopes of ever doing more.

The joy and pain emotion will be real in this thread come Friday evening!

The karma some of you are creating for yourselves in here is real and, heavy!

Even if you don't believe in it or that's not your thing. Stay woke to your energy output and very best of luck to all.

Last edited:

Everyone has an issue with bad practices. i.e. backdoor pairs but if you have the same opp I doubt they would pass it up.

"Shattereds for me? No Line...just be here early? I can't, that's immoral,  Ill enter the raffle like everyone else"
Of course not. But the logic in taking that to a message board of dudes who care about the community and live all over the world, most likely without that opportunity... well keep your mouth shut. #NTLogic dictates that if you had success or got a connect, everyone else SHOULD as well. #NTLogic dictates that you use your personal experience to define everyone else's.
Most the folk I see here now with solid consistent connects now just like to boast when they get pairs. It's like an extenstion of IG, flaunting material goods for 0 merit.

Oh boo hoo, the poor manager got "thrown under the bus". I feel so bad. What's he going to do now? Have to find a job where he's not making $3 more per hour over his minimum wage employee?

It's not personal, it's business. Get the slime out. That's a start. Having to know some loser who I would otherwise never want to speak with, let alone act like I'm buddies with, just to pay him off to get what should be available through the business he works for? It's silly.

"It's not what you know, but who you know" - apply that however you want. I'll apply it to the loser who is 30 and still managing a shoe store with no hopes of ever doing more.
Bro, relax it's only shoes lol. The world needs people who don't mind being with a retail company for the long term. We can't all be CEOs, engineers, astronauts or what not. Some people aspire to do greater things, some people like having a minimum wage job, some have no choice. Everything's situational. Let people live.

That saying goes a long way my friend. I work for the government and I've seen office assistants promoted to management level in no time, because they were connected higher up. Is it fair to other tenured workers? Probably not, but obviously they weren't as hungry as the people out there networking.

Bottom line, life isn't fair. No matter how bad you WANT something, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Best of luck to you. I hope you get what you want.

Bro, relax it's only shoes lol. The world needs people who don't mind being with a retail company for the long term. We can't all be CEOs, engineers, astronauts or what not. Some people aspire to do greater things, some people like having a minimum wage job, some have no choice. Everything's situational. Let people live.

That saying goes a long way my friend. I work for the government and I've seen office assistants promoted to management level in no time, because they were connected higher up. Is it fair to other tenured workers? Probably not, but obviously they weren't as hungry as the people out there networking.

Bottom line, life isn't fair. No matter how bad you WANT something, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Best of luck to you. I hope you get what you want.
This is exactly why I can't get down with most of the sneakerheads out there. Glorifying shortcuts just doesn't mesh with my life. Clearly who you know helps you in the professional world. That has nothing to do with this conversation. I got my current job through a personal referral. If I abused the job and was doing shady stuff, I wouldn't be able to keep it. I don't have any respect for any of these shoe store managers (usually with a god complex cause it's the only bit of power they feel in life).

Bottom line is if you live in a highly populated area like I do, and especially if you moved there after stuff got crazy 4-5 years ago, even those chump managers will laugh you out of their store for trying to fake a friendship to get hooked up. Everyone's seen that schtick. Why do you think managers would rather drop their whole inventory to one reseller? They don't need to fake being friendly to 10 dudes now AND they make more money. It's the slimiest kind of situation and like you said "not that serious". It shouldn't be that serious to get a pair of shoes, but Randy and his permed mullet need to hustle sneakers and feel in control for once in his life.

This is exactly why I can't get down with most of the sneakerheads out there. Glorifying shortcuts just doesn't mesh with my life. Clearly who you know helps you in the professional world. That has nothing to do with this conversation. I got my current job through a personal referral. If I abused the job and was doing shady stuff, I wouldn't be able to keep it. I don't have any respect for any of these shoe store managers (usually with a god complex cause it's the only bit of power they feel in life).

Bottom line is if you live in a highly populated area like I do, and especially if you moved there after stuff got crazy 4-5 years ago, even those chump managers will laugh you out of their store for trying to fake a friendship to get hooked up. Everyone's seen that schtick. Why do you think managers would rather drop their whole inventory to one reseller? They don't need to fake being friendly to 10 dudes now AND they make more money. It's the slimiest kind of situation and like you said "not that serious". It shouldn't be that serious to get a pair of shoes, but Randy and his permed mullet need to hustle sneakers and feel in control for once in his life.
it is not that serious

take a break 

it is not that serious

take a break 
LOL at telling me to take a break from actually using a discussion forum to... discuss something. The apathy on here is overwhelming, I'll give you that. #NTLogic

Upside to rain ... No line at HOH (Brooklyn) ... Downside - it's raining. Here's hoping the 34th street peeps are movingqhuickly in that line.
Def not raining in Queens yet. Let me rush and get out this office b4 I get stuck in traffic heading home.

Arguing about ethics and sneakers is pointless man. @trappedintime  you have to get to the point where you dont give a shhh anymore about kicks. U score a release u score, u miss it, look at it as money saved and just moved on. Being upset about it not gonna fix anything, the majority of us are upset but the measures you have to do to def secure a pair something isn't worth it. There will always be another hot pair u will feel u need to have. Just a feeling, I lost it over the past few years, hopefully u do too bro. If we were all caking to the point we can waste money on kicks we wouldnt even be here discussing it, we would just pay resell and not stress the state of the game.

Arguing about ethics and sneakers is pointless man. @trappedintime
 you have to get to the point where you dont give a shhh anymore about kicks. U score a release u score, u miss it, look at it as money saved and just moved on. Being upset about it not gonna fix anything, the majority of us are upset but the measures you have to do to def secure a pair something isn't worth it. There will always be another hot pair u will feel u need to have. Just a feeling, I lost it over the past few years, hopefully u do too bro. If we were all caking to the point we can waste money on kicks we wouldnt even be here discussing it, we would just pay resell and not stress the state of the game.
You don't get it. I'm not UPSET about anything. I'll have a pair of these too. But if you're going to come here and tell people to "hustle harder" and think you are bringing good advice to the table, that you're changing anything for the positive, making the situation easier for anyone, you're sadly mistaken. And I'll share my opinion that's in direct contrast to that one. Why else be here? Lurk all day and just cherry pick the info if you don't want to have a voice on topics that effect each and every one of us interested in shoes/J's.

But hey, I'll just keep quiet and you guys can keep eating up Sakoftatertots' lame anime gifs all day. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom