Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Ended up grabbing a size 14 for $275 shipped. So happy to get these back after searching for the right price last couple months. Seems like the prices for some of the smaller sizes are getting ridiculous.

Hard to say but that left heel looks off and the left toebox with the heavy tumble looks like some fakes I've seen. Might be some decent fakes or they could be real but I don't know for sure

:frown: The pics on ebay looked legit but when the shoes got here they looked/felt suspect.  T__T Main points of hesitation are: slight yellowing of the upper, black threading on the inner tag and the gap on the box tag that someone pointed out earlier today. I can take more pics of need be. I've just been getting different opinions. Some people saying legit, some saying fake.

:frown: The pics on ebay looked legit but when the shoes got here they looked/felt suspect.  T__T Main points of hesitation are: slight yellowing of the upper, black threading on the inner tag and the gap on the box tag that someone pointed out earlier today. I can take more pics of need be. I've just been getting different opinions. Some people saying legit, some saying fake.

They look fake.

I took the insoles out and they exactly like my other pair... would you like more pics?
You say you have a legit pair too? Compare the midsole color, SBBs have a off white colored midsole, you can really tell when comparing to white midsole 1s(breds, CMs). Most fakes I've seen have white midsole.

View media item 2183583
These are fake. Lol looks like seller or yourself did a swap. There is 4 inserts in this picture. The 2 inserts in the middle match the 2 on the outside the furthest left and furthest right insert in this picture looks the same. Look at the Orange rim angle. Off og

also...the production run dates are off @aarnoe48  ... the SBBs had a fairly short production run as compared to they typical several week production run of 1s. I have production run dates of 1/14/15 - 2/26/15 (footstore pair) and 1/14/15 - 2/25/15 (niketown nyc pair). 

also...the production run dates are off @aarnoe48
 ... the SBBs had a fairly short production run as compared to they typical several week production run of 1s. I have production run dates of 1/14/15 - 2/26/15 (footstore pair) and 1/14/15 - 2/25/15 (niketown nyc pair). 

Do you know if legit pairs ever have different production dates for each shoe?

Edit: they do

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by "swap"?

There's two sets of insoles there, but they are mismatched. Try any other combination of left and right insoles and they will be matched. But bottom line, these are fake. Lesson learned, hopefully didn't cost you too much. A lot of guys learn that lesson on a more expensive pair.

also...the production run dates are off @aarnoe48  ... the SBBs had a fairly short production run as compared to they typical several week production run of 1s. I have production run dates of 1/14/15 - 2/26/15 (footstore pair) and 1/14/15 - 2/25/15 (niketown nyc pair). 
They are not, several others and I with legit pairs have 01/14/15-03/10/15.

There's two sets of insoles there, but they are mismatched. Try any other combination of left and right insoles and they will be matched. But bottom line, these are fake. Lesson learned, hopefully didn't cost you too much. A lot of guys learn that lesson on a more expensive pair.
dang you guys know your sneakers, I just look at the nike tag usually it has a big gap from the bottom but I guess fakes are always improving. yeesh its scary how real this pair can look to the untrained eye. 

I believe your pair in question is legit, my pair has mismatch tumblings on the toe box too as do others, same production dates as do others too. I have also noticed most fakes don't have white material that is visible where the eyelets run. Please post a good picture of the wings logo.

Last edited:

dang you guys know your sneakers, I just look at the nike tag usually it has a big gap from the bottom but I guess fakes are always improving. yeesh its scary how real this pair can look to the untrained eye. 
Legit paris can have a smaller gap or bigger, there are some inconsistencies in mass produced products.

Legit paris can have a smaller gap or bigger, there are some inconsistencies in mass produced products.
naw not like how the fakes have, the fake have a really noticeable gap beteewn the nike air and the bottom of the of the tag. What are some other good tells ? I think the holes on the toebox is one. like in his second set of pictures why is the nike air tag look baggy. Thats sus to me.

Last edited:

naw not like how the fakes have, the fake have a really noticeable gap beteewn the nike air and the bottom of the of the tag. What are some other good tells ? I think the holes on the toebox is one. like in his second set of pictures why is the nike air tag look baggy. Thats sus to me.
Nike air tag looks baggy because these are mass produced products, holes are one indicator, shouldn't be too small, some legit pairs have the pattern as a whole somewhat skewed like my right shoe, my beds on one side also the case. Things I look at are peaks, overall shape of shoes and different sections, keeping in mind that they are mass produced so there is room for some variation and sometimes quality control issues.

Look at his pair in question, look at the shape from behind that the best fakes haven't gotten down yet completely.

Look compared to other 1s, my pair of breeds, pretty much the same shape.

My SBB, worn so have widen a bit.

Back
Top Bottom