Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Frankly I'd be just as displeased with someone who likes Mark Wahlberg as a person as I would be about someone who likes Donald Trump as a person.

Frankly I'd be just as displeased with someone who likes Mark Wahlberg as a person as I would be about someone who likes Donald Trump as a person.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Wahlberg did some terrible, racist things back in the day. He's also not a very dynamic actor (every role of his is basically "Angry White Boston Dude"). That said, I just really like his character in the Departed and it's also my favorite movie. Scorsese is a genius.

Last edited:
Oh, don't get me wrong, Wahlberg did some terrible, racist things back in the day. He's also not a very dynamic actor (every role of his is basically "Angry White Boston Dude"). That said, I just really like his character in the Departed and it's also my favorite movie. Scorsese is a genius.
you realize the Departed is a ripoff movie right?

Wahlberg is an example of someone that was given a second chance in life, he ran with it and became successful. he
Reps cinnamonsimba cinnamonsimba [/@]Esmchicago...$224 for that 11.5 i need. I have an 11 from RD but really need that 11.5
Have you guys seen a better deal on the secondary market or should i just bite the bullet?

I haven't, aside from StockX/Goat

marky mark hate
mean.gif

y'all mad he the face of Jordan
Err...no, Michael Jordan is the face of Jordan. And before Wahlberg also comes every athlete signed to Jordan Brand.

Err...no, Michael Jordan is the face of Jordan. And before Wahlberg also comes every athlete signed to Jordan Brand.
You have to be actively promoting and visible to be considered the face of a brand. The only athlete I would consider the face of JB is Westbrook. Mark is def one of the current faces of the brand, as well as Drake, Don C, and DJ Khaled.

I lol'ed the MJ of the face of the brand comment lol.

Last edited:
You have to be actively promoting and visible to be considered the face of a brand. The only athlete I would consider the face of JB is Westbrook. Mark is def one of the current faces of the brand, as well as Drake, Don C, and DJ Khaled.

I lol'ed the MJ of the face of the brand comment lol.

I honestly lol'd at your comment. MJ wears JB all day and night and is very visible.

CEILING
ROOF

GOAT!!!

People make mistakes. I heard of the story and moved past it.
 On June 15, 1986 Mark and three other teenagers approached 12-year-old Jesse Coleman and his older brother and sister as they were walking home. The group chased the group of black school children on their bikes; one of the assailants told the children, "We don't like black ni--ers in the area so get the f--k away from the area!". The group continued to chase the children on their mopeds, yelling, "Kill the ni--ers! Kill the ni--ers!" Each one of Mark's little gang threw rocks at their victims. By the time the children reached Burger King, Mark and the rest of the bullies turned and left; I'm assuming they didn't want their actions witnessed in a business area where they'd easily be spotted. The next day, while Jesse Coleman was on a field trip to the beach with his class, Mark and his gang followed the group to the beach. As the group was returning from the field trip, Mark's group began yelling racial slurs at the children; Mark and his friends summoned more to join him and they threw rocks at the children, one hitting a black girl and another hitting a white girl. The teacher was able to get an ambulance there and the attackers ran away.

* It's been reported that a victim from the 1986 hate crime Wahlberg committed, for which he had received a civil rights injunction, does not think he should be forgiven and pardoned. She says he's still a racist and his crime was a hate crime and the conviction should stand.

Her name is Kristyn Atwood, now 38, and she was among the kids who had rocks thrown at them in '86 while Mark also hurled threats and the N-word. She was hit by one of the rocks. *

Nearly two years later, on April 8, 1988, Mark decided to turn his hatred towards Asians. Thanh Lam, while carrying two cases of beer from his car to his home, was struck by a large wooden stick wielded by Mark Wahlberg; Mark, at this time, called Thanh a "Vietnam fu--ing sh-t!" The blow knocked the man out. Mark and two others left the scene. Mark then ran into another Vietnamese man named Hoa Trinh; at first asking the man for help in hiding from the police, when police came along, Wahlberg punched the man in the eye, knocking him to the ground.
The pass people give celebrities is a joke.

I honestly lol'd at your comment. MJ wears JB all day and night and is very visible.

CEILING
ROOF

GOAT!!!
MJ has absolutely no new media(social media/TV) presence at all and only serves as a brand ambassador in name right now. For almost every celebrity or brand, new media is what pushes the brand. In the 90s and 2000s, he was the biggest brand ambassador. Now, Marky Mark, Khaled, Drake, and a few athletes are the biggest brand ambassadors that drive interest in the product.

Idk how old you are or how much you follow anything today, but what I've said speaks to the current moment.

Last edited:
People make mistakes. I heard of the story and moved past it.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.people.com/article/mark-wahlberg-victims-split[/URL]"]
 On June 15, 1986 Mark and three other teenagers approached 12-year-old Jesse Coleman and his older brother and sister as they were walking home. The group chased the group of black school children on their bikes; one of the assailants told the children, "We don't like black ni--ers in the area so get the f--k away from the area!". The group continued to chase the children on their mopeds, yelling, "Kill the ni--ers! Kill the ni--ers!" Each one of Mark's little gang threw rocks at their victims. By the time the children reached Burger King, Mark and the rest of the bullies turned and left; I'm assuming they didn't want their actions witnessed in a business area where they'd easily be spotted. The next day, while Jesse Coleman was on a field trip to the beach with his class, Mark and his gang followed the group to the beach. As the group was returning from the field trip, Mark's group began yelling racial slurs at the children; Mark and his friends summoned more to join him and they threw rocks at the children, one hitting a black girl and another hitting a white girl. The teacher was able to get an ambulance there and the attackers ran away.

* It's been reported that a victim from the 1986 hate crime Wahlberg committed, for which he had received a civil rights injunction, does not think he should be forgiven and pardoned. She says he's still a racist and his crime was a hate crime and the conviction should stand.
Her name is Kristyn Atwood, now 38, and she was among the kids who had rocks thrown at them in '86 while Mark also hurled threats and the N-word. She was hit by one of the rocks. *

Nearly two years later, on April 8, 1988, Mark decided to turn his hatred towards Asians. Thanh Lam, while carrying two cases of beer from his car to his home, was struck by a large wooden stick wielded by Mark Wahlberg; Mark, at this time, called Thanh a "Vietnam fu--ing sh-t!" The blow knocked the man out. Mark and two others left the scene. Mark then ran into another Vietnamese man named Hoa Trinh; at first asking the man for help in hiding from the police, when police came along, Wahlberg punched the man in the eye, knocking him to the ground.

The pass people give celebrities is a joke.
[/quote]

Celebrities? I could care less if he was famous.
A lot of people are hypocrites that like to judge others based on their mistakes.

I know I've made my fair amount of mistakes so I'd be wrong for not wanting to give people second chances.

CEILING
ROOF

GOAT!!!
MJ has absolutely no new media(social media/TV) presence at all and only serves as a brand ambassador in name right now. For almost every celebrity or brand, new media is what pushes the brand. In the 90s and 2000s, he was the biggest brand ambassador. Now, Marky Mark, Khaled, Drake, and a few athletes are the biggest brand ambassadors that drive interest in the product.

Idk how old you are or how much you follow anything today, but what I've said speaks to the current moment.

what we you say boss. Jordan is JORDAN BRAND. To talk down on dude like he's stupid for believing such is comical. People don't have to be all over social media to be the face of something. That's some new wave type stuff.

CEILING
ROOF

GOAT!!!

laugh.gif

what we you say boss. Jordan is JORDAN BRAND. To talk down on dude like he's stupid for believing such is comical. People don't have to be all over social media to be the face of something. That's some new wave type stuff.
No one is talking down, I'm just talking facts. There's a lot of people stuck in the past who still everyone who buys Jordan's wants to be like Mike; people disregarding the impact that other athletes, artists, and entertainers have in keeping people interested. Seems like an unwillingness to adapt to the current culture. Take it however you want tbh

No one is talking down, I'm just talking facts. There's a lot of people stuck in the past who still everyone who buys Jordan's wants to be like Mike; people disregarding the impact that other athletes, artists, and entertainers have in keeping people interested. Seems like an unwillingness to adapt to the current culture. Take it however you want tbh

Facts from YOUR view. None of the people you mentioned are he face of JB to me and never will be.

@AquamanJay the hell are you talking about? Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul have had signature sneakers with their names on it for years. They don't generate any buzz, but they're quality basketball shoes that people do indeed buy. One of their athletes just won the NBA MVP award, and they have other all-stars like Leonard, Griffin, the list goes on. Michael Jordan and Jordan Brand are synonymous with basketball. Even so, Spike Lee has done way more for Jordan Brand than "Marky Mark, Khaled, Drake" and whoever else you feel like throwing out. Drake has definitely garnered publicity for the brand, but he doesn't have his own signature shoe, he doesn't have clothing in footlocker with his name or face on it like Jordan and athletes on his team do. I just went on footlocker's site and on the first page of Jordan clothing, saw multiple tees with Jordan's face and one with Spike's face. Where's "Marky Mark, Khaled, Drake" at?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom