Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

I wonder if the '17 are going to have the same type of tongue the '13 royals had nylon feel to it

I don't see that. Royals were hitting huge numbers before all these remastered drops

Well I guess once both are on the market yeah..I was thinking the royal 2013 peak price. It'll never top that

2017 Royals going for $500 at FC rn

Probably not Banneds from last year tongue feels different than the 2013 tongue
I kinda figured from the pics of the new royals now they literally look like the banneds from last year in every way from the tumbled leather , shape , height, etc just royal instead of red l. I just personally like that feature they did with the tongues in 2013 from royal to bred kinda gives the shoes it's own identity minus the obvious CW difference

What did they do?
The tongues on the 2013 version of the royal and breds were different as far a material I can't really explain it to well because I don't know what the material actually was but the 2013 bred was nylon tongue was slightly less padded and was alil more rough than the 2013 royals and the 2013 royal tongue felt softer and more padding in the tongue I know I'm not the only one who noticed the difference in 2013

The Royals had a Neoprene tongue. So did the Knicks. Rest had the Nylon tongue. (Excluding the blk/gold and XQ. I believe the blk/gold had nylon? and the XQ had leather.)

The Royals had a Neoprene tongue. So did the Knicks. Rest had the Nylon tongue. (Excluding the blk/gold and XQ. I believe the blk/gold had nylon? and the XQ had leather.)
Thank you I knew someone knew what I was trying to explain lol I just didn't know the exact material but I could tell the difference back in 2013

Gone try to double up on royals, an trade one pair for banned 1s from last year... traded my xtra pair banned for blck toe 1s... wish i never did that.. royals for bred 1s fair trade?

I just like the subtle difference in the nylon vs neoprene tongue in 2013 for the bred and royals but it looks like that feature isn't coming back

​no bro they won't. I sold mine for $875. I do not see that ever happening with these.
its like SS read my post and acted accordingly 

to clarify - the quality of these upcoming 2017 will bring down the current market of 2001 and 2013 royals like it did with the breds. The 2013 and 2016 breds fetch around the same price from certain consignment shops

Last edited:
These won't hit those high prices the 2013s went for just off the added availability in the U.S.. Wasn't the 2013 release of the Royals more limited than the breds that year?

​no bro they won't. I sold mine for $875. I do not see that ever happening with these.
wow that's a lot of money for a pair of j's! But as for the cosmetic stuff the 2016's surpass the quality of the 2013's in literally every way possible. Mean gotta think jordan brand actually had a think tank concerning every lil detail and materials, they even had to train factory workers on the construction process as they no longer make kicks like this Anymore. Also the whole reason they decided to remaster them was and drop so many of popular models was due to all the complaints which people oddly enough were making in 2012-2013..etc. Think the reasons they sell for so much is because @ that time it was all 1st come 1st serve, people getting hurt & trampled. Almost like the demand for em was @ an all time high? Plus back then j's didn't have any competition like today w/all the other brands trying to top em... Another difference for myself anyways is I wouldn't ever sell mine & wound still buy em if I knew they'd never be valuable.

These won't hit those high prices the 2013s went for just off the added availability in the U.S.. Wasn't the 2013 release of the Royals more limited than the breds that year?
idk about that, it might have seemed that way because of allocation

That's why they changed the time they were dropping em to 8am instead of 12. But if I'd been buying em to the point that it felt like now I'm only waiting for what I already got I feel you

If the 2017 Royal numbers are truly high in supply as they are "rumored," I don't believe the resale prices for the 2017 Royals will ever SOAR as high as the 2013 Royals.  The only reason why the 2013 Royals have those OUTRAGEOUS resale prices in the first place is because the US release of the 2013 Royals had such a limited supply.........and the international releases of the 2013 Royals had more supply than the US release BUT not enough to meet the overall demand of both international and US consumers.

If there is one hope, the resale numbers will not be as ridiculous for these 2017 Royals as the 2013s..................I still #TeamRetail though

Last edited:
That's why they changed the time they were dropping em to 8am instead of 12. But if I'd been buying em to the point that it felt like now I'm only waiting for what I already got I feel you
you honestly for me the main reason I decided to scoop up a lot of the j's dropping lately was in part largely due to thehttp://images.jordansdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/michael-jordan-chicago-2-620x758.jpg (Nike air branding and the quality of the og 89 4's) if you hold the 2016 wht/cement 4's, 2012 version, & the of 89 version. The grey hue matches 100% even the lil black splatters. Same w/the metallic 5's they even got Nike on the bottom & not Jordan brand, and they used the brightest 3m siver to achieve that old school reflectiveness. But after the rest of my 1's come in & the others I'll be close to done. If they ain't old school game colors the g.o.a.t. wore I don't care much for em. Except maybe dem don't c 2's blue suede... I ain't 1 dem cats that will buy anything as long as it has a jumpman on there somewhere

Last edited:
This. Resell on Nike/Jordans, besides shoes that are essentially made for the resell market (limited releases/collabs), is basically dead. Even resell on hyped GRs like past holiday 11s is minimal compared to what it used to be 3-4 years ago. Hyped OG 1s are basically all that is left, in terms of resell. 

I know people on here won't like to admit it but, for a lot of people, most Jordan Retros have gone out of style. This is actually great for people like us who like to buy and wear/collect our Jordan Retros (because of great discounts on classic OG, GR releases like Aqua 8s and OG TB 3s, for example) but terrible for hypebeasts and resellers that mostly just buy to flip/trade and, most of all, flex on the 'Gram.

1s, 11s, Collabs, and hyped GRs always can be resold. Resell on other Js is dead.

Back
Top Bottom