Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

All this quality talk and no mention of UNC's or Laser's? Both are straight butter.
smokin.gif
Dont own UNCs but I do have Laser Frag customs and wow you're right I totally forgot how nice the quality is on them.

I know it varies per shoe but I found that my Banned 1s are more tumbled compared to the Royals near the ankle area and the heel; the tumbled leather also feels more plush and the Royals are a bit more stiff. I wore my Banned 1s give or take 10 times so that probably makes a difference.

Yea I do. I actually go a size down in 1's & they fit perfect. My true size is a 13 I go 12 in all 1's. They run big imo

I was talking to another Jordan fan overseas on IG, and he thinks when it comes to quality that SBB is top, then RSBB, then Bred , then Royals. He has all of them, so I figured he was a good dude to ask. It's amazing though how RSBB's value is less compared to Breds. But I guess there may be more RSSBs available yet today compared to Breds? Think they are a bit underrated when it comes to CWs, and I like the all-white tongue quite a bit, stands out more compared to SBB. But the black toe there obviously is what makes those stand out.
RSBB is possibly the worst colorway of all time. Honestly, the SBB 1.0 isn't far behind. I have them and everything, but I remember when they released... Everyone was like "awww, that ish garbage. Easy pass. Halloween shoe bruh". I really only got them because City Gear got a shipment of them two nights before and had no idea they were getting them. It was FCFS and there were like 5 people in line. I almost had to.

Once word got out that they were super limited and that they sold out, it was "the greatest quality 1 of all time" because it was wrinkled.

For real though, texture doesn't = quality. I don't have the 2016 banned, but I do have the Chi, Black Toe, Royal, and SBB. Chi's kinda feel like plastic but everything else is about the same as far as quality goes.

But seriously though, when you see a dude wearing the RSBB it's like seeing a dude drive a burnt orange car. You just have to think "bruh, you could have picked ANYTHING... and you picked that" hahaha.

Any idea where resell prices gonna plateau on these?
Too early to tell.. right now is a good time to pick these up since most, if not all, have received their shipments so resellers are undercutting each other to get rid of inventory.  

It's interesting to see/hear people's opinions on these CWs, but that is what makes this shoe-game fun. Everybody can get the CWs they like, and drop the ones they do not. There are always those that get specific CWs, just because it may be an expected pair to own as a collector. That's how I see the Royals. It's one of those people think you should own, but it's just not my colors. I was looking at them yesterday yet, as it's a good quality shoe imo. But it's not something I'm going to be heartbroken about if I never wear it. In my Js, I have some colorways that are just classics (black/metallic 5, infrared 6, flint 13...) but some of them are not necessarily liked/hyped by the masses. But that's cool, as I'm wearing them, and I don't care what any cat out there thinks of my shoes.

Appreciate the feedback though of all who do own them, whether you like them or not.

It's interesting to see/hear people's opinions on these CWs, but that is what makes this shoe-game fun. Everybody can get the CWs they like, and drop the ones they do not. There are always those that get specific CWs, just because it may be an expected pair to own as a collector. That's how I see the Royals. It's one of those people think you should own, but it's just not my colors. I was looking at them yesterday yet, as it's a good quality shoe imo. But it's not something I'm going to be heartbroken about if I never wear it. In my Js, I have some colorways that are just classics (black/metallic 5, infrared 6, flint 13...) but some of them are not necessarily liked/hyped by the masses. But that's cool, as I'm wearing them, and I don't care what any cat out there thinks of my shoes.

Appreciate the feedback though of all who do own them, whether you like them or not.
that's how I feel about breds. I like them alright, but they're not some super special "grail" to me. I'm just not a big fan of the color red

that's the thing, a ton of these people are wearing their shoes to impress other people, not because they actually like them themselves

But seriously though, when you see a dude wearing the RSBB it's like seeing a dude drive a burnt orange car. You just have to think "bruh, you could have picked ANYTHING... and you picked that" hahaha.
Well, I don't know about a burnt orange car being ugly.
Dont forget about the pinnacle tan....
Imo its pretty awesome leather.
The leather is definitely nice, but way too stiff. The collar destroys my heel/ankle area, which means I can never wear them.

that's how I feel about breds. I like them alright, but they're not some super special "grail" to me. I'm just not a big fan of the color red

that's the thing, a ton of these people are wearing their shoes to impress other people, not because they actually like them themselves
Thats sad if youre wearing ANYTHING to impress other people.  You'll soon learn (not you directly) that nobody really cares.  Sure you'll turn a few heads but no one really gives a fk lol

did chicagos vary in color and quality as much as breds and royals?

seems like for the latter 2, it was a 50/50 chance you were gonna be unhappy with your pair. was it like that back in 2015 for the chicagos?

Yeah, you can see on IG how there are people that will just wear what's hype at the moment, just to show they have them. Now, I post my shoes too on IG when I wear them, but only have a small group of sneakerheads following me, so nothing earth-shattering, just people that like sneakers and J's more in particular. I wear all of mine, and only buy colorways I really want to wear. And it does not matter if I get 5 likes or 70 likes, as long as I enjoy wearing them.
The Breds I really wanted, missed out on them, so going to work on adding those to the collection. The RSSBs I like too, the SSB, no matter the quality or like, that money is just not right on the reseller marker right now. But hey, if you want them and have the money, not my problem.

seems like for the latter 2, it was a 50/50 chance you were gonna be unhappy with your pair. was it like that back in 2015 for the chicagos?
nah, not at all. breds and royals seem to be the only recent releases that vary so much, probably due to the tumbled leather

black toes, navy metallic, UNC, etc are all pretty uniform from what I've seen. there might be the odd tumbled swoosh or collar every once in a while, but nothing like the breds/royals

nah, not at all. breds and royals seem to be the only recent releases that vary so much, probably due to the tumbled leather

black toes, navy metallic, UNC, etc are all pretty uniform from what I've seen. there might be the odd tumbled swoosh or collar every once in a while, but nothing like the breds/royals

good to know...repped

i'm happy with my pairs, but didnt really remember what everyones reaction was in regards to color/quality were when they got theirs in.

Both the BTs I got were great. Plush leather and very comfortable. Probably my favorite 1s.

Black toes varied kinda. Some were stiffer. I got a nice plush pair.
yeah storm blues were like that too, some leather was plush and some was stiff

but I don't think it was as big of a deal to most people since the pairs usually looked the same as far as leather grain and color

some people on here say that everyone needs to appreciate their pairs of royals and stop the complaining, but honestly I agree with the gripes. yeah they're just jordans, not some high quality leather sneakers like SLP or Common Projects. but still they're close to $200 and you can't even get the color on each shoe to match?

Back
Top Bottom