Jordan Retro 13 Holiday Season (3M, Hologram, Grey Toes, Red Pods)

Which is the best pair releasing?

• 3M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hologram

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Grey Toe

• Red Pod

• None of them

• All of them

• Total voters
They're nice,Not feeling the painted midsole and That's some bright red but still nice. I like the all black pair better. :lol:

Not really feeling those red pods… money saved for me, I guess. Those Grey Toes are starting to look better and better though.

I don't think the black would bleed tho. I have the retros, but even OG Playoff & He Got Game pairs were immune to it. Only the red on the Bred and Chi pairs bled.
I feel the same way as you about the midsole. Just throws the entire shoe off for me for some reason. And the only time I think you would have to worry about the suede bleeding onto the pods is if the pods are white. When it's on the black/reds, the white traction patters got stained on the bottom but the pods were fine

THAT BLACK/RED PAIR IS ALSO SAMPLE PAIR FROM LIKE '98 AS WELL... I'M NOT SURE IF IT WAS IN THE FIRST ISSUE OF "KICKS" MAGAZINE BACK THEN, OR THE JORDAN TRIBUTE SPECIAL ISSUE THAT SLAM MAGAZINE MADE AFTER HE RETIRED IN '98, BUT THEY WERE DOING AN INTERVIEW WITH GENTRY HUMPHREY, AND IN ONE OF THE PICS IN THE ARTICLE, IN THE BACKGROUND THERE WERE A GALLERY OF SHOES THAT INCLUDED THE ORIGINAL TRUNNERS, AS WELL AS THIS BLACK/RED PAIR... I'M NOT SURE IF I STILL HAVE EITHER ISSUE, BUT I'LL GO DIGGIN' FOR 'EM, AND IF I FIND IT, I'LL POST PICS. ALL MY OG NT'ers OUT THERE, IF U STILL HAVE EITHER ISSUE, FEEL FREE TO POST PICS IF U FIND THEM BEFORE I DO,LOL. HOLLA...

CED B.

Last edited:

Look one page back and you'll find the picture of the upcoming release next to a scan of what you're talking about.

Im going to co-sign the info in regards to Og sample colorway, to enlighten those who seem to be un-clear on the grey toes 13s history..

The upcoming Grey toe 13s are not a retro of the "steel toe 13s" from '05
(or whatever theyre currently Dubbed), the '05 steel/grey toe 13s are actually based off a "sample" pair of 13s that looked nearly identical to the grey toes releasing this November.

The sample pair can be seen in the 2002 "Sole Provider- 30years of Nike Basketball" book ,written by Robert "Scoop" Jackson.

thank you, im tired of ppl thinking these are based off the 05 pair when they are clearly not.

these could have been picked up in the nike outlet back then 98/99, i still have 2 pairs to this day, along with the black/red sample

I don't think the black would bleed tho. I have the retros, but even OG Playoff & He Got Game pairs were immune to it. Only the red on the Bred and Chi pairs bled.
I feel the same way as you about the midsole. Just throws the entire shoe off for me for some reason. And the only time I think you would have to worry about the suede bleeding onto the pods is if the pods are white. When it's on the black/reds, the white traction patters got stained on the bottom but the pods were fine

Yeah man, I was all in until I noticed it. Now I'm on the fence :smh:. I just knew they were gonna mess up my bday pair in someway :lol:

THAT BLACK/RED PAIR IS ALSO SAMPLE PAIR FROM LIKE '98 AS WELL... I'M NOT SURE IF IT WAS IN THE FIRST ISSUE OF "KICKS" MAGAZINE BACK THEN, OR THE JORDAN TRIBUTE SPECIAL ISSUE THAT SLAM MAGAZINE MADE AFTER HE RETIRED IN '98, BUT THEY WERE DOING AN INTERVIEW WITH GENTRY HUMPHREY, AND IN ONE OF THE PICS IN THE ARTICLE, IN THE BACKGROUND THERE WERE A GALLERY OF SHOES THAT INCLUDED THE ORIGINAL TRUNNERS, AS WELL AS THIS BLACK/RED PAIR... I'M NOT SURE IF I STILL HAVE EITHER ISSUE, BUT I'LL GO DIGGIN' FOR 'EM, AND IF I FIND IT, I'LL POST PICS. ALL MY OG NT'ers OUT THERE, IF U STILL HAVE EITHER ISSUE, FEEL FREE TO POST PICS IF U FIND THEM BEFORE I DO,LOL. HOLLA...

CED B.

great knowledge. it was the JORDAN issue.

in the back you can see the rest of the prototypes..

i think you can even spot a XI low patent before they were released

tinker_one.jpg

i painted my OG allstars this color when i was a freshman :lol:

Last edited:
IM LIKING THE GREY AND WHITE 13'S

AND THE 3M 13'S

SO IM GOING TO SHOOT FOR THEM BOTH HOPEFULLY

I CAN COP STILL HAVE MY PLAYOFF 13'S AND IM NOT FELLING THE OTHER STUFF 

jcuk23 jcuk23 :nthat:

My man your info was appreciated then and now. We all acknowledged and gave you props for it.
It was those wack áss, all black fakes/samples that got every one in an uproar. But your info wasn't overlooked or forgotten.

Flames! Im down for all pairs, not because I need em for my 10 x 13's I have but because........................... wait for it....

I actually like them :smokin

Damn, so far everything but the Baron (non 3m) color way will be purchased.  Curious to see what color ways they use for the lows 
nerd.gif

So far from what I read on the Air Jordan Retro Remaster Thread it will be the Chutneys , Black/Navy Blue , Flint lows and a new colorway that will release next year.
Flint lows?! 
nerd.gif
......Interesting.  Thanks for the info.  Will pass on the Chutney's and go for the other two.  

Still using these but can always use a fresh pair:

Didn't JB do this whole red pod thing already? Does anybody remember the name of the Jumpmans based off the 13s that had red pods?

They had like a Neoprene upper and they had a ankle strap. I can't find any info online and it's driving me cRaZy...

They came out in the late 90's or early 2000's when Jumpmans were just an alternate version of the numbered Jordan that was current. (Jumpman Pro = Jordan 12, Jordan Team 1 = Jordan 12, Jordan Team 3 = Jordan 13, etc)

Edit:

Jumpman Pure. The red pods look exactly like the Black/Red Jumpman Pures

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom