Jordan Retro 3 “Powder Blue” - Jan. 18, 2014 (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING)

So nobody got anything this morning from them? or they were just cancelled orders from Saturday?
They were cancelled orders (people who changed their mind) from saturday that were put back up for sale. There was a fsr but it also sold out. I was able to add a 9.5 to cart to see if it was there and it was, but I didn't buy them. 

My fnl order confirmation that was emailed to me isnt showing under my account order history. Does that mean i should see the cancellation email soon?

You guys want to hear a messed up but kind of funny story? So my brother got me two pair's of these beautiful Powder Blue 3's since he's never gotten me a birthday or Christmas present. So I have my one pair deadstock and I'm waiting for the FNL package tomorrow. I slept in like I normally do and when I woke up I find out that he went to the mall and returned my shoe's along with the two other shoe's he got from raffles he had won and he's returning my other pair coming in tomorrow and the two other shoe's he ordered. The poor young kid thought he'd jump blindly into the reselling world and after seeing there's no resale market for them he's just feeling salty and returning everything including what were supposed to be gifts for me lop. So, be on the look out for two size 13's (one from Champs and one from FNL), four size 11's (one from Champs, another from FTL, and the other two from FNL), and finally a 10.5 from Foot Locker. All of the sizes mentioned are men's sizes for those wondering.

View media item 757715

This is the type of **** that kills me. All these wanna be hustlers trying to hop on the bandwagon. SMH pathetic. I wish he got stuck with every pair he bought. lame

Last edited:
The blue on these are too much. If they kept the elephant print black or grey, it would have looked better. This was an EZ pass for us. I was surprised they sold out on most of retailers online.  I suspect a lot of pairs will show up later from returns. 
laugh.gif

View media item 757715

This is the type of **** that kills me. All these wanna be hustlers trying to hop on the bandwagon. SMH pathetic. I wish he got stuck with every pair he bought. lame

I don't know man, not because it's my brother, but a lot of people think they like a certain shoe so they cop two or three if not more and it turns out that it isn't what they expected or had hoped for so they return the shoe. I don't think people should be stuck with shoe's, even though it does suck that a lot of people buy large quantities with evil intentions.

The blue on these are too much. If they kept the elephant print black or grey, it would have looked better. This was an EZ pass for us. I was surprised they sold out on most of retailers online.  I suspect a lot of pairs will show up later from returns. :lol:

I like them and it sucks that I no longer have a pair, but I do think that they sold out because of resellers. I'm not saying there's a resale market for these shoe's because there really isn't, but a lot of resellers had to fulfill a lot of pre-orders and there were those resellers that probably thought that these shoe's would be the next big thing since it's the first Retro 3 of the year and a brand new colorway. But, apparently this shoe didn't catch on and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of returns or restocks on store shelves.

Last edited:
I don't know man, not because it's my brother, but a lot of people think they like a certain shoe so they cop two or three if not more and it turns out that it isn't what they expected or had hoped for so they return the shoe.

Why would anyone buy multiples of a shoe, with the intentions of keeping them, if they aren't sure they actually like it?

I always double cop on 3's and 11's purely because they are my favourite Jordan, regardless of if I like the colourway or not.

Why would anyone buy multiples of a shoe, with the intentions of keeping them, if they aren't sure they actually like it?

I don't know man, it's never happened to me, but I like certain shoe's regardless of color (as long as they aren't hot pink), if I believe I can wear them and have enough money I would surely make an attempt at buying at least two pair's. For instance, the Jordan's I like are 1,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13. It just so happens that next month there's a possibility the Green Oregon Duck V's, and Infrared/Black 6's release right along with the White/Infrared 6's in February. The Oregon Duck V's are a green based shoe, something I've never purchased and the same for the all red black/Infrared 6's but if there was a chance I could get two of each shoe I would most definitely would. I know how they look based on the images surfacing NT on their respective threads, but those pictures are taken in a controlled environment under a certain lighting to benefit the shoe. Who knows what they really look like held in person and in real lighting, it may cause a lot of people to return them. On this thread alone, the Powder Blue 3's weren't everything some people expected and a lot of them returned their shoe's, a lot of people backed out of purchasing the shoe when different pictures surfaced because the difference in the shades of blue. So, there could be many reasons why someone would buy multiple (at least two) pairs of shoe's and then return them, unless they just really like the shoe model itself and add it to their collection but never wear them which may also happen with a lot of people because who knows the place in history of these color's down the line. They could very well be considered OG colorway's to other people 20-30yrs from now, even though they're new to us now.

Last edited:
I saw these in person yesterday at my local mall. Not impressed. The materials did not do it for me. Neither did the color.

Glad who ever wanted a pair was easily able to get them....

By the way... On a more positive note I think Nike is using a new method of paint on the midsoles.

While I was looking at them at the store, I dug my nail into the midsole trying to scratch it and it seemed like it wont be cracking or peeling. That is a very good thing.

Don't worry guys, Nothing happened to the shoes. :smile:

By the way... On a more positive note I think Nike is using a new method of paint on the midsoles.

While I was looking at them at the store, I dug my nail into the midsole trying to scratch it and it seemed like it wont be cracking or peeling. That is a very good thing.

Don't worry guys, Nothing happened to the shoes. :smile:

Damn, that's a messed up way to test out a new theory lol I can only imagine what would have happened if something happened to the midsole and another fellow NT'er purchased the pair haha.

dudes bro really sold the 3lab5s over retail to his OWN mother? cornball needs to get choked

Well actually, he was going to return them and my mother offered to buy them for the price he had hoped to sell them for. So, I'd say it was my mother's fault for seeing more long term value in a shoe that had just released for the first time than anything. I mean, she is the one encouraging him to find a legal way to make as much money if not more than he would working a 9-5 while he graduates college. She thinks that he should be putting more effort into school and if he needs money, he should get it the easiest, least time consuming way possible, so she isn't so innocent when it comes to encouraging his reseller mentality. Every weekend since the 3LAB5's they're asking me which shoe's are dropping and even though I tell them they hold no resale value, and there's a very limited selection of shoe's that actually do, they both seem to ignore those words of advice from me.

They were cancelled orders (people who changed their mind) from saturday that were put back up for sale. There was a fsr but it also sold out. I was able to add a 9.5 to cart to see if it was there and it was, but I didn't buy them. 
Oh okay gotcha. Yeah I had a 9 in cart and a 9.5 and was thinking about them and then they sold out. So you can cancel them that quick didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom