• Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• On the Fence

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hell my stealth 3s have no paint chipping and I use them as my beaters/work shoes. I'm not a big guy either so maybe that has something to do with it.

the paint on my 07 fire reds is absolutely demolished, but they turned into the shoes i wore when ever the weather was bad (beaters) so maybe thats why, lol you can barely see  the paint anymore. im only 165 lbs

@Dicecube  

The infrared is the same on the 3lab5, the 10s, both 6s all in the last three months. Majority say it's brighter in relation to the OG infrareds. And I agree. More orange/pinkish hue.

it's cool tho

@Dicecube

The infrared is the same on the 3lab5, the 10s, both 6s all in the last three months. Majority say it's brighter in relation to the OG infrareds. And I agree. More orange/pinkish hue.
it's cool tho

I'm not an expert, but I think that the Infrared used on the White/Infrared 6's isn't the same as the other shoe's you listed. The reason I say this is because the White/Infrared 6's don't say Infrared 23 as opposed to the other shoe's you listed all say "Infrared 23" and all seem to actually be a bright red and not necessarily have that pinkish hue to them that White/Infrared 6's exclusively do. Who knows, I may be wrong though, just an observation I've made.

the color is the same...the base color of the shoe is throwing yalls color deception off....the black base on the infrareds cause the color to appear darker, the white based white/red infrared appear to be lighter...do you think a different color was really economical for nike? yall gotta think....lmao

I'm not an expert, but I think that the Infrared used on the White/Infrared 6's isn't the same as the other shoe's you listed. The reason I say this is because the White/Infrared 6's don't say Infrared 23 as opposed to the other shoe's you listed all say "Infrared 23" and all seem to actually be a bright red and not necessarily have that pinkish hue to them that White/Infrared 6's exclusively do. Who knows, I may be wrong though, just an observation I've made.
I also can vouch for this too. The white infrared 6s seem to have a more pinkish touch on the midsole. I don't know exactly, but they're all generalized as "infrared#s"

are these worththe preorder? It's around 240USD Shipped. I'm from canada so these are 240$ CAD after tax. Suppose these might be a big GR release.. then that sucks lol.
What about duties? Retail is $210 which is comparable to US after the conversion rate. I expect this to be an easy kop. Still gonna try to kop the second they drop. If your schedule doesn't allow it. Only then would I pre-order.

Kick-crew is doing 210$ preorders.. seems pretty good deal.. Anyone ordered from KC before? I heard it's like b grades but jsut wana hear your opinions.
How are they even making any money? 170 * 1.05 (tax) +10 (shipping to them) = 189 + 15 (ship to you) = 205. For $5 profit?

Same here but I don't weight over 150 so maybe that's why. Also my walking is not a heavy kind (if you know what that mean) and I don't step on the edge of the curve.
I weigh 240 n have no issues with 3s or 4s that every one complains about

My 2011 BC3's inner midsole cracked after just a few light wears. None of my other 3's have ever wore that fast.

Last edited:
My BC3's took awhile to crack, and it was never the black paint, just the white paint. My BRed IV's cracked on the second wear, but again, just the white paint near the heel/air pockets. Otherwise I haven't experienced the cracking issues on most 3 and 4 models. My 2006 Militarys are finally cracking on the blue midsole paint, but what can you expect after 8 years old? I think a lot of it just comes down to the quality of the paint job applied to the pairs you receive, and nothing more than that.

I'd also add that buying some black and white paint from Angelus means fixing midsoles on many 3's and 4's takes all of about a half hour and you're good to go (pretty much forever). Just like cleaning your shoes with Jason Markk or any of that other maintenance, I find doing a one-time repaint a pretty simple process.

Last edited:
I would think colder climates and the elements would also increase the chances of premature cracking.

Last edited:
I weigh 240 n have no issues with 3s or 4s that every one complains about
What about 8s? I'm 200 and my aquas cracked after maybe 10 wears or so. I have yet to wear my only pair of 3s but I hope I have the same luck as you with them

I would think colder climates and the elements would also increase the chances of premature cracking.

I live in Montana .. Not many places in the US get colder than here during the winter

What about 8s? I'm 200 and my aquas cracked after maybe 10 wears or so. I have yet to wear my only pair of 3s but I hope I have the same luck as you with them

Last 8s I had were Orange Blaze my Jr year of college, wore them down to about a 6.5/7 out of 10 ... I was about 200-210 max back then

I also can vouch for this too. The white infrared 6s seem to have a more pinkish touch on the midsole. I don't know exactly, but they're all generalized as "infrared#s"

I think skeeter skeeter is right though, depending on the surface or colors around can make the same color look differently. I'm not sure if it was him or someone else on the Infrared 23 6's thread explaining all of the things to take into account when judging a color. The Infrared could very well be the same exact one used on every shoe, just that whatever color surrounding it or the base material makes its impact as well.

Back
Top Bottom