Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

As a consumer, our goal should be to pay the lowest total possible. Saying you are happy to pay Nike extra money instead of a reseller is the worse logic period.

obviously everyone wants to pay less. What I'm saying is that lets say for example these retailed at 100.00 and instead of sitting sold out so fast that a lot of people didn't have the opportunity to buy. Now, those same people have to rely on a re-seller. So they will hit up message boards, buy sell pages on FB and of course eBay and they will pay a re-seller price (let's say for argument sake is 200). So now in addition n to the increase in price that will come out of that buyers pocket they now have to worry that they aren't buying a high quality fake, if they don't like the shoe now they cannot just return it they have to go through the hassle of selling it themselves and if the shoe doesn't fit properly they can't just exchange it. In this scenario (which is the realistic alternative) I'd rather pay that resale price to the retailer and have a lot more options and piece of mind about the product I'm buying.

Last edited:
i miss when niketalk was about kicks now its about money or next person pockets, i say if u have a hook up for a cheap price use it ,if u must pay retail then pay it, if you cant afford the shoe move on to the next pair or wait for a sale, to much complain about price Nike don't care they going to still make money some how ...i see you all in the 72-10 thread  
pimp.gif

i miss when niketalk was about kicks now its about money or next person pockets, i say if u have a hook up for a cheap price use it ,if u must pay retail then pay it, if you cant afford the shoe move on to the next pair or wait for a sale, to much complain about price Nike don't care they going to still make money some how ...i see you all in the 72-10 thread  
pimp.gif
I don't understand it either because whether or not people like them foams been retailing for 190+ from years ago, and 220-250 now. And those chromeposites sold out even with horrible quality with the chipping. It's all hype bruh. 
eyes.gif

Copped a 24" 14kt gold chain rope on Black Friday Sale from kmart for $270. this week could'nt get shoes too. Hope they're available Friday still...

I had no problem payin retail because i know wht Nike Air means to me and the quality is the best its been in YEARS, the ones complaining were probably not even around during tht era so is the reason yall rappin about the price...and the off white approach is an awsome touch with tht soft tumbled leather paneling makin them tht much closer to the originals , two thumbs on this release...

Last edited:
As a consumer, our goal should be to pay the lowest total possible. Saying you are happy to pay Nike extra money instead of a reseller is the worse logic period.

obviously everyone wants to pay less. What I'm saying is that lets say for example these retailed at 100.00 and instead of sitting sold out so fast that a lot of people didn't have the opportunity to buy. Now, those same people have to rely on a re-seller. So they will hit up message boards, buy sell pages on FB and of course eBay and they will pay a re-seller price (let's say for argument sake is 200). So now in addition n to the increase in price that will come out of that buyers pocket they now have to worry that they aren't buying a high quality fake, if they don't like the shoe now they cannot just return it they have to go through the hassle of selling it themselves and if the shoe doesn't fit properly they can't just exchange it. In this scenario (which is the realistic alternative) I'd rather pay that resale price to the retailer and have a lot more options and piece of mind about the product I'm buying.

Do you but I won't agree ever.
I'm all about paying the lowest possible period. To read that someone would rather pay Nike "resale" than pay a reseller... It makes me shake my head since I know for a fact that I don't buy from resellers most of the time but paying Nike "resell" prices 100% of the time means I'm taking an automatic L. Forget all of that noise.
Paying $150 9/10 times in a year then $220 for the time I don't win >>>>>> paying $220 each time for the piece of mind.

Pure economics would tell that the shoe hype trend was peaking and would return back to normal. That means the resell phenom would also normalize. Resellers have always been around. They just got magnified when it became the cool thing to be ok with paying double and triple retail.

Last edited:
You guys complaining about 220.00 being a problem, get used to it. Prices have been going up through the years. Stop making it like this is all new. There are several other shoe companys that can supply for your price range.

You guys complaining about 220.00 being a problem, get used to it. Prices have been going up through the years. Stop making it like this is all new. There are several other shoe companys that can supply for your price range.

ballertalk.com

ballertalk.com

I agree 100% with his statement, the pricing aren't going down. So get back on the grind and make that extra $$$
Another baller here. You are a reseller if I remember correctly so every price increase makes you have to grind harder considering the percentages you have to pay to move product.

I understand the price increases but the baller talk is for the rich. It's as simple as that and I 100% understand anyone that has an issue.
My issue isn't with the price as much as it is with the "id rather pay Nike resell prices" talk.

Last edited:
Guess that proves the whole random raffle thing was a failure

The parent company releases the shoe unannounced FSR in the middle of the night smh

I could've saved $9 on shipping had I known that

Hope they don't pull this mess with the 72-10s

Do you but I won't agree ever.
I'm all about paying the lowest possible period. To read that someone would rather pay Nike "resale" than pay a reseller... It makes me shake my head since I know for a fact that I don't buy from resellers most of the time but paying Nike "resell" prices 100% of the time means I'm taking an automatic L. Forget all of that noise.
Paying $150 9/10 times in a year then $220 for the time I don't win >>>>>> paying $220 each time for the piece of mind.

Pure economics would tell that the shoe hype trend was peaking and would return back to normal. That means the resell phenom would also normalize. Resellers have always been around. They just got magnified when it became the cool thing to be ok with paying double and triple retail.

This shoe would've been 240 or more on the resell market had the retail been 190 or even 170. But the resell market has its dangers. You run the risk of being robbed and being sold a fake. While the intentions of Nike may be greed, it certainly does have some benefits for the consumer. There's pros and cons to every situation. If Nike were to produce these in lower numbers and at a lower price, we'd see resellers holding onto and sitting on pairs. If Nike were to produce these at the rate that it did and had a lower price, the exclusivity is gone. And yes, this shoe does have exclusivity despite everyone seemingly getting a pair. These shoes WILL not sit on shelves. You may see these shoes in a week at your local shoe store but chances are you wont find sizes 8-10. There are a lot of people who turned this shoes down due to the price and eventually, they will change their mind and have to turn to the resell market. While I don't agree that shoes like Pro Star 5s or Barcelona 7s should carry a price tag of 190, I think Nike is moving in the right direction in the market to see if consumers will bite. I would say this release was especially a success and Nike will adjust in 2016. Of course Nike is a profit seeking company, and won't want to produce shoes that people aren't going to buy. But if people do, you can't blame Nike, because if people buy, it's only reaffirming their ideas of the market. It's basic economic principal for a company to operate at a point that decreases consumer surplus to a point of equilibrium. got a degree in Economics so if you don't agree, I suggest studying up on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom