Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

That FSR on Nike flew pretty fast, I'm surprised. Right now there is only a 8-9, 11, and 14

obviously everyone wants to pay less. What I'm saying is that lets say for example these retailed at 100.00 and instead of sitting sold out so fast that a lot of people didn't have the opportunity to buy. Now, those same people have to rely on a re-seller. So they will hit up message boards, buy sell pages on FB and of course eBay and they will pay a re-seller price (let's say for argument sake is 200). So now in addition n to the increase in price that will come out of that buyers pocket they now have to worry that they aren't buying a high quality fake, if they don't like the shoe now they cannot just return it they have to go through the hassle of selling it themselves and if the shoe doesn't fit properly they can't just exchange it. In this scenario (which is the realistic alternative) I'd rather pay that resale price to the retailer and have a lot more options and piece of mind about the product I'm buying.

Why can't Nike simply make enough AND keep the price to a reasonable level? These two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Another baller here. You are a reseller if I remember correctly so every price increase makes you have to grind harder considering the percentages you have to pay to move product.

I understand the price increases but the baller talk is for the rich. It's as simple as that and I 100% understand anyone that has an issue.
My issue isn't with the price as much as it is with the "id rather pay Nike resell prices" talk.

I get it. Your all about paying "the lowest price period" guess what? I would like a lower mortgage, a ls460l to be 20k out the door instead of sticker price, I like Disneyland to be 25.00 instead of 100.00 per person now. Times change, prices change, Bicker on how it used to be is like bring up how shasta sodas were 25cents in a vending machine. Old times.
Welcome to American GREED.

Last edited:
You guys complaining about 220.00 being a problem, get used to it. Prices have been going up through the years. Stop making it like this is all new. There are several other shoe companys that can supply for your price range.

It isn't so much that the price increased, it's rather that it increased so drastically in such a short amount of tine. Not only that but Nike is charging standard high lrices for absolute garbage like the Pro Star 5s and the Sweater 7s. Nobody wants to pay that so you're seeing those and other cws go on disco/straight to the outlets...

I get it. Your all about paying "the lowest price period" guess what? I would like a lower mortgage, a ls460l to be 20k out the door instead of sticker price, I like Disneyland to be 25.00 instead of 100.00 per person now. Times change, prices change, Bicker on how it used to be is like bring up how shasta sodas were 25cents in a vending machine. Old times.

If your mortgage increased by 1/3 over the span of 3-4 years, you would not be okay with that.

Do you but I won't agree ever.
I'm all about paying the lowest possible period. To read that someone would rather pay Nike "resale" than pay a reseller... It makes me shake my head since I know for a fact that I don't buy from resellers most of the time but paying Nike "resell" prices 100% of the time means I'm taking an automatic L. Forget all of that noise.
Paying $150 9/10 times in a year then $220 for the time I don't win >>>>>> paying $220 each time for the piece of mind.

Pure economics would tell that the shoe hype trend was peaking and would return back to normal. That means the resell phenom would also normalize. Resellers have always been around. They just got magnified when it became the cool thing to be ok with paying double and triple retail.

This shoe would've been 240 or more on the resell market had the retail been 190 or even 170. But the resell market has its dangers. You run the risk of being robbed and being sold a fake. While the intentions of Nike may be greed, it certainly does have some benefits for the consumer. There's pros and cons to every situation. If Nike were to produce these in lower numbers and at a lower price, we'd see resellers holding onto and sitting on pairs. If Nike were to produce these at the rate that it did and had a lower price, the exclusivity is gone. And yes, this shoe does have exclusivity despite everyone seemingly getting a pair. These shoes WILL not sit on shelves. You may see these shoes in a week at your local shoe store but chances are you wont find sizes 8-10. There are a lot of people who turned this shoes down due to the price and eventually, they will change their mind and have to turn to the resell market. While I don't agree that shoes like Pro Star 5s or Barcelona 7s should carry a price tag of 190, I think Nike is moving in the right direction in the market to see if consumers will bite. I would say this release was especially a success and Nike will adjust in 2016. Of course Nike is a profit seeking company, and won't want to produce shoes that people aren't going to buy. But if people do, you can't blame Nike, because if people buy, it's only reaffirming their ideas of the market. It's basic economic principal for a company to operate at a point that decreases consumer surplus to a point of equilibrium. got a degree in Economics so if you don't agree, I suggest studying up on the topic.

If you are an economics major.... :smh:
Mathematically, the trend could never hold. EVER.
The only way it would is if all of the consumers were making at least 6 figures. Do the math. The fact that Nike has produced enough pairs to generally meet demand means that you aren't missing out anymore therefore you are consistently "able" to drop $190+ pretty much every weekend. Tell me mr economics major, how do you think that is sustainable in the long term?
And the scare stories about resellers selling fakes... It doesn't hold weight

Why can't Nike simply make enough AND keep the price to a reasonable level? These two things aren't mutually exclusive.

You're absolutely correct but people still won't buy because everyone wants exclusivity. Look at the Aqua 8s. So many people are saying, "Well I don't wanna buy it because it's sitting." 190 has been for norm for 11 months and every retro OG CW this year has done fairly okay but when Nike reproduced it in mass quantity and kept the price the same... Well just walk into any local shoe store and you'll get the idea.

Another baller here. You are a reseller if I remember correctly so every price increase makes you have to grind harder considering the percentages you have to pay to move product.

I understand the price increases but the baller talk is for the rich. It's as simple as that and I 100% understand anyone that has an issue.
My issue isn't with the price as much as it is with the "id rather pay Nike resell prices" talk.

This reach is so wrong :lol:
I'm about the lowest mortgage. Apparently my 3.5% interest is very good. If I find a lower rate, I'm in there.

That Lexus.... I'll wait for it

Disney... We aren't going AND people are definitely upset with the price increases that they have been experiencing.

The only way it would is if all of the consumers were making at least 6 figures. Do the math. The fact that Nike has produced enough pairs to generally meet demand means that you aren't missing out anymore therefore you are consistently "able" to drop $190+ pretty much every weekend. Tell me mr economics major, how do you think that is sustainable in the long term?

Yet people still continue to buy Jordans. We have people skipping rent to buy Js and we have people skipping Js to pay rent. I don't know a single person who buys every single release and I would think that's a very small minority so your argument doesn't make sense. STEADY price increases have been sustainable for 30 years so I don't get why you'd think that system would all of a sudden crumble. And fakes may not be an issue but I think you tried to diminish my argument and skipped over the main point about being robbed.

Last edited:

This ×100. In 4-5 years, if all GRs are ~$300, I can almost guarantee you most of them will sit. At a certain point, people will simply be more selective with what they buy. Nobody will pay $300 for a shoe like the Pro Star 5s however a lot of people (including myself) would pay that for Space Jam 11s. The problem is, they don't seem to have good enough designs to make all the GR retro+ cws appealing (esp at the pricepoint) plus people will pay more for nosalgia (although only so much more as the Bordeaux, Aqua and Maroon releases have shown us). So, in turn, a lot of cws end up sitting.

Yet people still continue to buy Jordans. We have people skipping rent to buy Js and we have people skipping Js to pay rent. I don't know a single person who buys every single release and I would think that's a very small minority so your argument doesn't make sense. STEADY price increases have been sustainable for 30 years so I don't get why you'd think that system would all of a sudden crumble. And fakes may not be an issue but I think you tried to diminish my argument and skipped over the main point about being robbed.

So you call these steady price increase? :rofl:
Go ahead and believe what you want tho. The increased availability has definitely changed the landscape which has a domino effect.

I'm about the lowest mortgage. Apparently my 3.5% interest is very good. If I find a lower rate, I'm in there.

Disney... We aren't going AND people are definitely upset with the price increases that they have been experiencing.

All that to say your about a certain peecentage of people willing to wait for all off the above. While others don't mind. They deal with it and move on. Nike truly doesn't care about your percentage nor how you feel about price hikes, nor does lexus or any company scheming. Because at the end of the day there will be others who have no issues with it. Its simple folks until they see a loss of sales and quarterly quotas not being reached due to prices being high, don't be surprised if this keeps going up. Again American GREED.

Last edited:

All that to say your about a certain peecentage of people willing to wait for all off the above. While others don't mind. They deal with it and move on. Nike truly doesn't care about your percentage nor how you feel about price hikes, nor does lexus or any company scheming. Because at the end of the day three will be others who have no issues with it.

:rofl: you trying to flip it like I wasn't directly responding to your examples.

Feeling real good about my pair coming in thurs and being able to cop them late off NDC last night with that wellll below retail hustle.

Only people I think that are concerned with these being an easy cop are obviously resellers and hypes.  Was wearing em before and will be wearing going forward as this is pretty much an easy link into my childhood nostalgia.

Go ahead and believe what you want tho. The increased availability has definitely changed the landscape which has a domino effect.

You're arguments are so childish, I can see why others disagree with you. The much more hyped up releases have generally always been 20-30 more than the ****** GRs. If the standard price point right now is 190, then 220 is just following the same pattern JB has been doing for years. And the arguments about GRs eventually being 300 one day are definitely plausible. But would only make sense people are stupid enough to go out and pay those prices for ****** GRs. Every company is about maintaining at least the same profit margins and if people buy pay those kind of prices then Nike is only doing what any other company is doing. Eventually, Nike and JB are going to reach a point where profits go down, and that's when you know you've reached an equilibrium with the market but obviously, it hasn't yet. It's the same with a small company or a large corporation, make the most money you can.

You guys complaining about 220.00 being a problem, get used to it. Prices have been going up through the years. Stop making it like this is all new. There are several other shoe companys that can supply for your price range.
Anyone can se that this price hike is insane. Just because you can afford a shoe, doesn't mean the practices are okay. Who would like to pay $250 over 10 times a year for a shoe with inferior technology vs the other Nike shoes that get released? There is no added materials or labor for stitching Nike on the back vs a jump man. The quality on this 6 is basically the same as infared 23 6's

Childish arguments :lol:
Doesn't even know my point which is (and I'll say it again) the whole I'd rather pay Nike resell than pay a Nike resell mentality makes no sense.
Pay resell only when you have to
Pay retail when you have to
Get below whenever you can

Last edited:
You shouldn't want to pay $220 period. End of story. Coming from Nike or a reseller doesn't make a difference. In fact, it's worse coming from Nike, because it's eliminating the chance for for you get the shoe cheaper altogether. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom