Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

havent worn mine yet but my carmines, sport blues, and black infrareds havent cracked

then again i replace the insoles when i wear them

to the guys who have cracked backs lol did you play ball in them?

Rant on haha, I've gone off on Nike customer service, though civilized, when on a restock I purchased the BoB 10s and 13 lows, glue glob on the toe of the BoB and visible glue all through the midsole of the 13s, their solution was to buy them off Amazon which they provided the links to and about $100 over retail for each, that was what put me over. Remastered or not these issues will persist.
Because your complaint isn't manufacturers defect. Your complaint are nitpicking about craftsmanship.

Because your complaint isn't manufacturers defect. Your complaint are nitpicking about craftsmanship.
It is manufacturing defect because it is caused during the manufacturing process, I tried to keep the BoB but I peeled the glue and the red paint came off, that shouldn't happen to anyone, I understand some glue is visible in the seams and midsole but it was ridiculous. I can't speak for you but if I'm paying $200 for a pair of shoes it shouldn't have a glob of glue on the toe. I have a DS pair of OVO 10s and there is glue in the sock liner but in that case it doesn't bother me because it's not going to be visible during wear. And everyone should voice their concern about craftsmanship since there seems to be little change in it but a lot in the price point.

Retro 6 have always been prone to cracking paint on the heel, even the 2000 pairs. Wasn't an issue on the original because it was dyed.

It is manufacturing defect because it is caused during the manufacturing process, I tried to keep the BoB but I peeled the glue and the red paint came off, that shouldn't happen to anyone, I understand some glue is visible in the seams and midsole but it was ridiculous. I can't speak for you but if I'm paying $200 for a pair of shoes it shouldn't have a glob of glue on the toe. I have a DS pair of OVO 10s and there is glue in the sock liner but in that case it doesn't bother me because it's not going to be visible during wear. And everyone should voice their concern about craftsmanship since there seems to be little change in it but a lot in the price point.
it is a pair of sneakers made for the masses, some will have bad craftsmanships. defects are missing stitches, totally misaligned panels, cuts, deformed midsoles, inner bootie detaching from the shoe when it's not suppose to, blown zoom air bag, etc. not excess glues they may have missed on few pairs out of hundreds of thousands they made. you can choose not to buy at $190-220 which is overpriced to begin with. once you accept the fact that these shoes are not worth the material and craftsmanship that they are selling, you will stop the nitpicking and just enjoy them if you are willing to spent how much they are asking. 

in this case, it does sound like to me (no offense to you) you chose to nitpick one glue stain and ignore the other. when you are wearing your shoes no one will care to notice if there are excess glue on your shoes because they are not going to put their face in front of your shoes. i doubt you are actually okay with the glue stain on the OVO 10s, but since they are some what limited you "chose" to be okay with it since if you do return them you won't be able to find them at the original retail

you paid. 

heck, I chose to not return one of my 2011 cardinal 7s when clearly the factory had used half-to-a-size too small midsole on my sz 11. 

but of course, people can have different opinions.

just my .02

Last edited:
it is a pair of sneakers made for the masses, some will have bad craftsmanships. defects are missing stitches, totally misaligned panels, cuts, deformed midsoles, inner bootie detaching from the shoe when it's not suppose to, blown zoom air bag, etc. not excess glues they may have missed on few pairs out of hundreds of thousands they made. you can choose not to buy at $190-220 which is overpriced to begin with. once you accept the fact that these shoes are not worth the material and craftsmanship that they are selling, you will stop the nitpicking and just enjoy them if you are willing to spent how much they are asking. 

in this case, it does sound like to me (no offense to you) you chose to nitpick one glue stain and ignore the other. when you are wearing your shoes no one will care to notice if there are excess glue on your shoes because they are not going to put their face in front of your shoes. i doubt you are actually okay with the glue stain on the OVO 10s, but since they are some what limited you "chose" to be okay with it since if you do return them you won't be able to find them at the original retail
you paid. 

heck, I chose to not return one of my 2011 cardinal 7s when clearly the factory had used half-to-a-size too small midsole on my sz 11. 

but of course, people can have different opinions.

just my .02
Yes I can choose, and I chose to return them and not keep them, someone which matters does care, me. I paid resell on the OVOs, but again if it's not visible it's more of a non issue, if it was on the tumbled leather then I would've passed. Again just my opinion, now if Nike cares or not when I voice my concerns, I don't know, but I'll keep doing it whenever I run into a bad pair.

lol yeah I call em that because in batman returns he wore black 6s haha
Yes, I figured as much
laugh.gif

I bought the maroon 6s off nike when they released, I got to wear them about twice then today I noticed the paint chipping/ peeling off the back of the midsole. I take very good care of my shoes and I was very surprised to see this. Did this happen to anyone else? Is this normal and what can I do to prevent this in the future. ThanksView media item 1857181
View media item 1857182
Happened to my Carmines. Not my maroons (yet)

Retro 6 have always been prone to cracking paint on the heel, even the 2000 pairs. Wasn't an issue on the original because it was dyed.

I've never had a pair of VI's with paint cracking and I've had several color ways over the years. Even my most worn VI, the cdp carmines, show no signs of paint cracking. Interesting.

Mine have slight cracks on the left heel, not as noticeable as the pictures but you can see them starting if you look close.  I keep 'em in a cool, dry closet and I'm 6', 190.  Not exactly tipping the scales, hopefully. 
laugh.gif

I've worn 'em about 5 times, done a good amount of walking, but nothing crazy.

whoevers pairs are cracking or starting to crack should get in contact with nike for that 20% voucher and a full refund. then go online and cop another pair lol. they sitting still.

Back
Top Bottom