jordan VI black/red nubuck to leather conversion

....interesting attempt at "re-creating" a retro 91' version VI...but in all honesty, it doesn't look all that great...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eltouha

anyone got clear pics of og vi's which show how far down the shoe the reflecting material went? from my recollection, it was inside all but the holes right near the front of the shoes.

and thinking about this, they might've removed the 3m to enhance breathability.
The 3M was only in the holes by the ankle, and the square in the middle of the shoe.  The parallelogram shaped portion by the little toe didn't have 3M in the holes.  It won't make a huge difference as far as breathability because the ankle portion is sealed off by the cushioning already, and the portion by the toe box is still left open.  Only the section in the middle is being affected as far as breathing.

anyone got clear pics of og vi's which show how far down the shoe the reflecting material went? from my recollection, it was inside all but the holes right near the front of the shoes.

The 3M was only in the holes by the ankle, and the square in the middle of the shoe.  The parallelogram shaped portion by the little toe didn't have 3M in the holes.  It won't make a huge difference as far as breathability because the ankle portion is sealed off by the cushioning already, and the portion by the toe box is still left open.  Only the section in the middle is being affected as far as breathing.

OG pair from my collection.  Hope these help.

OG pair from my collection.  Hope these help.

Thanks for the pics mike! Those are in awesome shape indeed. Just like how I remembered them back in senior year in high school back in the P.I. back in '91.

Thanks for the pics mike! Those are in awesome shape indeed. Just like how I remembered them back in senior year in high school back in the P.I. back in '91.

thanks anomaly and mike. it's just as i remembered. if i do this 3M project on my v.reds i'll post pics.

i only had black/infra in 91, did the other colourways have 3m also?

thanks anomaly and mike. it's just as i remembered. if i do this 3M project on my v.reds i'll post pics.

i only had black/infra in 91, did the other colourways have 3m also?

Luckily for you guys I stumbled upon this thread and happened to have the 3M Scotchlite tape laying around. Enjoy
pimp.gif

333v04z.jpg

24xjm29.jpg

34fkxex.jpg

For the hell of it. Motorsports

2pq1ft3.jpg

The liner in the ankle area would need to be pried apart to be able to insert the 3M Scotchlite tape in that area.

Luckily for you guys I stumbled upon this thread and happened to have the 3M Scotchlite tape laying around. Enjoy
pimp.gif

333v04z.jpg

24xjm29.jpg

34fkxex.jpg

For the hell of it. Motorsports

2pq1ft3.jpg

The liner in the ankle area would need to be pried apart to be able to insert the 3M Scotchlite tape in that area.

^nice work, but the reflector isn't meant to go right through to the front. as for the ankle, a small slice can be made inside the shoe, big enough to put a finger through, and this can be used to insert the 3m inside, and then easily sewn up.

i went past a crafts store today but they had no 3m, i might have to order it.

^nice work, but the reflector isn't meant to go right through to the front. as for the ankle, a small slice can be made inside the shoe, big enough to put a finger through, and this can be used to insert the 3m inside, and then easily sewn up.

Yeah I know. I just went past the mid section to show it off.

Yeah I know. I just went past the mid section to show it off.

Back
Top Bottom