Jordan vi infrared Yellowing

Yeah mine is yellowing just a little bit as well. Ive only tried them on a few times, no real wear. Such a shame at the quality of JB products.

Yeah mine is yellowing just a little bit as well. Ive only tried them on a few times, no real wear. Such a shame at the quality of JB products.

I mean honestly if the part of the sole that IS showing isn't yellowed then why even worry. The bottom of your shoes are supposed to be dirty. I do sympathize w/ some as my space jams have some yellowing on the bottom and they have never been worn, but there isn't much that can be done. I say that as long as the visible portions of the clear sole aren't yellowing then don't even worry about it. Just my two cents...

I mean honestly if the part of the sole that IS showing isn't yellowed then why even worry. The bottom of your shoes are supposed to be dirty. I do sympathize w/ some as my space jams have some yellowing on the bottom and they have never been worn, but there isn't much that can be done. I say that as long as the visible portions of the clear sole aren't yellowing then don't even worry about it. Just my two cents...

i checked minez they havent changed a bit since i copped em still completely icy an i just left em in the box in the bags and this is the first time lookin at em since i got em

i checked minez they havent changed a bit since i copped em still completely icy an i just left em in the box in the bags and this is the first time lookin at em since i got em

I knew this was going to happen when I noticed that Varsity Reds were already yellowing in the store. But yeah, mine are getting yellower as a whole.

I knew this was going to happen when I noticed that Varsity Reds were already yellowing in the store. But yeah, mine are getting yellower as a whole.

look's like i need to check mine out when i get home... just wish they would have been real suade instead of the beaver fur they used lol

look's like i need to check mine out when i get home... just wish they would have been real suade instead of the beaver fur they used lol

its about where you live and how you store them. the climate/humidity and the storage are the 2 factors that cause yellowing.

its about where you live and how you store them. the climate/humidity and the storage are the 2 factors that cause yellowing.

Originally Posted by VVILL

infrareds still icey. cant say the same for my varsity reds..

both of mine are still icey
smokin.gif

for whatever reason these just seemed to yellow quicker
climate controlled sjs did the same thing for me :/

for whatever reason these just seemed to yellow quicker
climate controlled sjs did the same thing for me :/

A lot of you fail to realize that it matters WHERE you live. If you live in a high precipitation region, your shoes will get yellow quicker due to the humidity. If you live in a dry place, they will most likely stay clear for a while. Things like the environment in your house can also affect your shoes. Like your stove, heater, etc. Best bet is to keep them in a place where it is dry and cool. Wear your damn shoes.

A lot of you fail to realize that it matters WHERE you live. If you live in a high precipitation region, your shoes will get yellow quicker due to the humidity. If you live in a dry place, they will most likely stay clear for a while. Things like the environment in your house can also affect your shoes. Like your stove, heater, etc. Best bet is to keep them in a place where it is dry and cool. Wear your damn shoes.

Originally Posted by BigEli500

I'm guessing the dude's that have yellowing are ones that took their shoes out of the plastic wrap that it came with? cuz mine are crystal clear.
I was wondering the same thing, coz mine's still in great condition, with no sign of yellowing.

Originally Posted by BigEli500

I'm guessing the dude's that have yellowing are ones that took their shoes out of the plastic wrap that it came with? cuz mine are crystal clear.
I was wondering the same thing, coz mine's still in great condition, with no sign of yellowing.

I mean, all soles will not be 100% crystal clear forever. Some will change from 100% to like 85% (just a guesstimate). Unless you wear them, they will stay pretty clear for the most part. The shoes I wore a few times were my Piston VI's and they show signs of yellowing, so what I did was fill a pot of water then wait for it to boil, throw some ROCK SALT and put the pistons on some pencils to hold it from touching the metal of the pot, and wait 1 minute while the salt evaporates... then dry the soles 100%. It seemed to clear them up a bit. Anyone else try this?

I mean, all soles will not be 100% crystal clear forever. Some will change from 100% to like 85% (just a guesstimate). Unless you wear them, they will stay pretty clear for the most part. The shoes I wore a few times were my Piston VI's and they show signs of yellowing, so what I did was fill a pot of water then wait for it to boil, throw some ROCK SALT and put the pistons on some pencils to hold it from touching the metal of the pot, and wait 1 minute while the salt evaporates... then dry the soles 100%. It seemed to clear them up a bit. Anyone else try this?

Back
Top Bottom