Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

I wonder how Mexican Sneakerhead will do on this release.

laugh.gif

You sound like people who tell me traveling is a waste of money.

We all like different things.

I think we're all stupid for having so many shoes.

From baseball cards to comics...we all have our "thing"

I think you missed my point.. but it's ok.. it's all good that you want to do it.. I'm just offering my own experience to stop someone who may be buying things like this for the wrong reasons.. and you can't compare traveling to buying some shoes fam...traveling actually enriches your life and experience, what does spending 300% over retail to do for you?

Agreed. Tier zero sneaker stores are usually not the stores that move the most volume. I've never understood why Nike, Adidas, etc cater to trendy small shops that move almost nothing.

nah cause you're not 2k poorer. Winning a 20k car and keeping it isnt the same as buying it.
No, but once you've won the car and you have the opportunity to sell it for $20k, you have two choices: 1) keep the car and not get the $20k or 2) have the $20k and give up the car. At that point, you are effectively paying $20k to keep the car. 

Again, to each his or her own.. just want to make you think before making a bad financial decision (at least is my opinion).. and I'm here like everyone.. I've done it.. I've had some very limited, expensive stuff.. and I'm here as a testiment that it wasn't worth it.. not one bit.. and I own very very few of those once cherished possession today.. don't miss 95% of the shoes I've sold either.. not trying to be judgemental either.. I could just speak on this from experience

I feel you. I sell everything hyped I get my hands on. I can never justify walking in 2k. I was being impulsive with the 1k plus I paid but if anything...hold on to them for a year or two and fund a first class trip to Africa.

I think you missed my point.. but it's ok.. it's all good that you want to do it.. I'm just offering my own experience to stop someone who may be buying things like this for the wrong reasons.. and you can't compare traveling to buying some shoes fam...traveling actually enriches your life and experience, what does spending 300% over retail to do for you?
owning something that makes you happy reduces stress which in return lessens the risk of a myocardial infarction which is the leading number 1 killer 
wink.gif

Agreed. Tier zero sneaker stores are usually not the stores that move the most volume. I've never understood why Nike, Adidas, etc cater to trendy small shops that move almost nothing.
Cause they still going to fill that order sheet and take whatever crap these brands send them

You are pocket watching.

People buy hyped releases for multiple reasons:

Maybe they like hyped releases?
Maybe they generally like the shoes?
Lastly, to make money... if you aren't in a great economical situation "cyber camping for 24 hours" for a hyped release is much more profitable than an ordinary 9-5 that they might work.

Others also like all the hoopla surrounding these releases and purchase for the sport.

In the end, mind your business... what people purchase or how much time they spend trying to get something doesn't affect you. Keep it pushing. :tongue:

Ok bro, you got me... lol I swear...

the spot i go to is considered a tier zero but they didnt get any kaws. they're pissed because they move the trash units that nike gives them and they don't get no love like the other hyped tier zero spots. :smh:

exactly. And why are they making like 10000 pairs if they sell them for the same price they sell their 100000 pairs models? Just be coherent ffs...

Hype is a terrible reason to spend $1500 on a pair of shoes.. being a fan of his art... eh... still.. sometimes, we have to learn to admire from afar.. won't kill us not to have every single show that drops.. and for as much as we complain about reselling, this mentaility directly fuels them. I know every person has to live and make decisions, but I've been there.. and it isn't worth it.. so many better things to do with your time and money

You realize you're talking to a bunch of sneakerheads, right? Of course there are so many better things to do with your time and money than buy shoes. But this isn't the place for that.

I feel you. I sell everything hyped I get my hands on. I can never justify walking in 2k. I was being impulsive with the 1k plus I paid but if anything...hold on to them for a year or two and fund a first class trip to Africa.

These will easy be 4k+ in a couple of years

No, but once you've won the car and you have the opportunity to sell it for $20k, you have two choices: 1) keep the car and not get the $20k or 2) have the $20k and give up the car. At that point, you are effectively paying $20k to keep the car. 
no you're just using the 20k you've won as a car and not as money for something else. Sane with the shoes, you've won 2k that you don't want as something else than your shoes, depends on how you think they're worth but you didnt lose anything anyway you've just decided what form your prize takes.

i thought it starts at 1030? u at the DTLA or bev hills location?

It supposed start at 10:30, but with all the people they have to give tickets too. It will take a while. Neither, I will just pay re-sell. I have work, but make plenty of bread if I want these.

Back
Top Bottom