Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

..sorry but why did you and your girl even bother submitting a lottery then? if you're not gonna keep it but sell for houseware items...yes I understand that moneys important for the house and all..but do you know how hard these were to win for RETAIL??...theres ppl starving out here and you hit on 2 pairs...
you a grown man no one can make you sell nothing if you don't want too..just say you wanna sell both of your pairs :smile:

..sorry but why did you and your girl even bother submitting a lottery then? if you're not gonna keep it but sell for houseware items...yes I understand that moneys important for the house and all..but do you know how hard these were to win for RETAIL??...theres ppl starving out here and you hit on 2 pairs...
If they're starving they can cough up that $ to get from him then. Also, guessing he told her how much they're going for after she found out that he just wanted them and entered to help. Who cares, his shoes and his decision. I just wanted to throw in the compromise thought from experience, except I had to learn to compromise the other way
laugh.gif

Entered 4 online and 12 raffle entries instore, but couldn't hit one. I was a kaws fan since 2010 and love his art work. I just paid resell for the j4, but it was worth it for a collection piece

I have some Korean born members of the family, I guess he means that they tend to be very financially conservative and focus more on the family unit/house. Stereotype....yes, but marketing classes have shed some light on priorities and values in certain regions and how to tailor your marketing/ads towards them.

Odds are she has some designer purses in her possession.

Odds are she has some designer purses in her possession.
Odds are there are thousands of spoiled middle school girls with them and hundreds of thousands of women in the US struggling to pay their bills and/or on assistance with them too (many with multiples). I don't know of any designer purses that sell for over the retail price like these shoes though, so different scenario altogether.

when you're married, trust me that a pair of shoes is not worth getting into an argument over. 
True, and also younger/single guys tend to miss the fact that typical marriages and serious relationships include more than the Chipotle and smash, movie and smash cycle they're used to. When you have somebody you genuinely care about and want to make happy, the petty/small things SHOULD go out the window. I don't care about any pair of shoes more than her, and if it was important to her (us) that I sell some of mine for something I would definitely consider options and see what is best for us. Same goes for kids and for some of us our dogs/cats. If one of my dogs needed surgery or treatment and I didn't have the money, I'd sell every last personal possession needed for them too.

Odds are there are thousands of spoiled middle school girls with them and hundreds of thousands of women in the US struggling to pay their bills and/or on assistance with them too (many with multiples). I don't know of any designer purses that sell for over the retail price like these shoes though, so different scenario altogether.

He bought the shoes for retail though. My point actually is that she is making him sell something he supposedly bought to keep for himself when she probably has spent that same amount of money on purses with no problem. He didn't pay $2,000 but she most likely has bought purses for that much. Absolutely relevant to how fair it is for her to ask him to do that. She sounds like a terrible GF/wife/whatever.

Terrible? I wouldn't go that far lol. Unreasonable? yes, for this situation at this moment, I think so 
laugh.gif
. Especially at BOTH pairs for retail.

Last edited:
Terrible? I wouldn't go that far lol. Unreasonable? yes, for this situation at this moment, I think so :lol: . Especially at BOTH pairs for retail.

If she isn't open to selling one and letting him keep one, that's not somebody I could get along with. Especially since she would have no idea these shoes ever existed if it wasn't for him. And it's not even like she is banking or investing the money. She wants to spend it!

If she isn't open to selling one and letting him keep one, that's not somebody I could get along with. Especially since she would have no idea these shoes ever existed if it wasn't for him. And it's not even like she is banking or investing the money. She wants to spend it!
If it was like that I would get stingy and keep both

He bought the shoes for retail though. My point actually is that she is making him sell something he supposedly bought to keep for himself when she probably has spent that same amount of money on purses with no problem. He didn't pay $2,000 but she most likely has bought purses for that much. Absolutely relevant to how fair it is for her to ask him to do that. She sounds like a terrible GF/wife/whatever.
I wasn't talking about fair, that's really just an opinion (based on a scenario you don't know is true). Who knows what purses she has or how much they cost. The fact remains though, her (imaginary) purse has zero financial gains where these 4's have a very healthy potential gain. We aren't talking about financial desperation and liquidating out of necessity, this is just a situation where the potential money gained could (and to me would) far outweigh anything about keeping those shoes.

All I'm saying if you really wanted the shoe and to keep em u can that simple now if u bought them to resell then that's up to you no one can't make u do nothing and almost 4k is more than enough for houseware. IMO so if you really like the shoe keep at least one pair and ur not going to break up for not getting house stuff u already been with out it already so what ever you do good luck with all that

New title thread..What would I do with 2k
laugh.gif
I still don't understand where $2k is coming from, that was an offer for the set (shoes, hat, shirt, jacket). The shoes have been 1200-1500, minus fees/shipping/retail with taxes and shipping is $700-950 or so to walk away with. Great profit, but this arbitrary $2k that is getting thrown around isn't even based on the shoes. Threads over really, shoes are gone so now its only shipping questions and opinions

Back
Top Bottom