Jordan X "Steel" 2018

Even if they did, that more than likely wouldn't negate what I said about these selling solidly. Space Jam XI's went to outlets. Did they not sell? Also, before you start reaching and misinterpreting what I'm saying, I am not comparing either of these shoes. I am just using that as an example to state the obvious. Many shoes that sell well still make it to outlets. If these are produced in big quantities, I expect some outlets to receive them. Doesn't necessarily imply that these won't move at retail though.

Please tell me where did I mention outlets? Nike releases some stock specifically to outlets regardless of how hyped the product might be (look at OG BT 1 release and 2011 Banned 1 release).

A GR sitting and going on discount is not necessarily the same as shoes releasing at outlets.

Please tell me where did I mention outlets? Nike releases some stock specifically to outlets regardless of how hyped the product might be (look at OG BT 1 release and 2011 Banned 1 release).

A GR sitting and going on discount is not necessarily the same as shoes releasing at outlets.

Please tell me where I stated that YOU mentioned outlets? Stop jumping to conclusions. I brought it up as an example. Also, considering that X's are not normally a shoe that people go wild over, I would NOT be surprised to see these marked down in SOME places. Again, that doesn't mean these wouldn't sell well at retail in the context of how many are made. My prediction is that these will sell decently enough at retail in most areas for reasons I've already mentioned.

Please tell me where I stated that YOU mentioned outlets? Stop jumping to conclusions. I brought it up as an example. Also, considering that X's are not normally a shoe that people go wild over, I would NOT be surprised to see these marked down in SOME places. Again, that doesn't mean these wouldn't sell well at retail in the context of how many are made. My prediction is that these will sell decently enough at retail in most areas for reasons I've already mentioned.

Dude you literally mentioned a shoe selling at outlets and asked me if I thought they didn't sell well: "Space Jam XI's went to outlets. Did they not sell?" You used an example from an outlet release that was irrelevant to the example I gave-I was assessing that. IF I had said something about these being an outlet release, your point (even hyped shoes sometimes release at outlets) would be well taken.

Either way, if these go on disco-I'll come back here and rub it in your face with a good ol' fashioned "I told ya so" feel free to do the same with me if the opposite happens :smile:

Dude you literally mentioned a shoe selling at outlets and asked me if I thought they didn't sell well: "Space Jam XI's went to outlets. Did they not sell?" You used an example from an outlet release that was irrelevant to the example I gave-I was assessing that. IF I had said something about these being an outlet release, your point (even hyped shoes sometimes release at outlets) would be well taken.

Either way, if these go on disco-I'll come back here and rub it in your face with a good ol' fashioned "I told ya so" feel free to do the same with me if the opposite happens :smile:

This is not difficult to comprehend. Regardless on how it happens, markdowns at retail spots or going straight to the outlets, they are not sold at retail price in most cases. I mentioned the outlets as example to support MY point which is that at retail they sold very well, but then again, it is an XI. XI's ALWAYS sell very well. I am well aware that some shoes (Banned 1's from 2011) get released to outlets exclusively. However, as it pertains to these Steel X's, I suspect these in the CONTEXT of the lukewarm demand of X's (which Nike obviously is aware of) and the fact that some people like X's in general, and perhaps more specifically this colorway, also coupled with the production and distribution factors, these more than likely will do decently well at the retail stores. I'm not comparing sales numbers of other models here, just stating my perspective on how I see these doing. But like you said, we'll see when the time comes. Thanks for the friendly debate. :wink:

dude setting up future arguments :rofl:

Like bruh, they drop NEXT year; do you really even want to still give a **** about this conversation? :lol:

On topic though, I'd only be interested if they bring the toe cap sample out.

Also seconding all sentiments requesting a Shadow and City Pack (spread it out) releases.

I'll take a fresh pair of these. Never picked them up in 2013, as I was out of the game. I've only owned one pair of X, the 2012 Chicago release and unfortunately, I sold them. Wouldn't mind having Steels, Chicagos and Shadows in the closet one bit.

No word on what month in 2018?

I can't explain why, but these are one of my favorite J's. I was contemplating grabbing a pair from StockX, but if they're coming out in 2018 then I guess I'll wait ... maybe.

Only retro if they have the toe cap. Shadow/Charcoal...whatever they're called needs a retro too.

Not a fan of the Toe Cap

Pass if they release that way

Give us Shadows and Varsity Reds please

I would love to see a proper Shadow 10 retro. My OG's are still in great shape though. Toe caps would be a day 1 for me.

Game time decision...but tbh I'm tired of these. They need to retro the City pack, fiending for the Knick pair.
They also need to remaster the Shadows :smh:

Can we please get Seattle's and New Yorks (or Orlando's) ? Really just need Seattle's though .

Last edited:
what are you talking about? We don't even know if they will even release with the toe cap.

Exactly, someone mentioned it's a possibility but no one knows. I should edit and say they're releasing like the OG without the cap for now

Back
Top Bottom