Jordan X UNDFTD - M-AJ4

I rock che shirts. but ive studied the man and what he and castro stood for.

I wonder why Jordan brand would put the plastic lace hook in these and not the last two retro IV's.

These kicks are nice, especially what youll be able to do wit the shoe.

For Sale: Sz 14 Ds/ away rayguns!!!

I agree with EVERY word that Method Man wrote down.

With the recent fiasco over the Altitudes/Limited XX's/Ice Blue X's/Laser IV's, and now the UNDFTD IV's I am begining to get more and more frustrated with the way the brand is heading. Jordan shoes are already limited due to the high demand...Why make it even more scarce? Are they looking to end up on the 6 o clock news with their brand being mentioned as the headline story of why some kid is dead? I am one of those loyal customers that they are chasing away because I feel that with each "limited" release, they open the door for more trendy, spoiled kids who would rather wear the shoes as a status symbol than a legacy. I'd rather see a kid wearing some J's proudly because he knows the meaning and history behind it, NOT because they were limited.

Bastitch said in another post that theres this certain level of celebrity that people now-a-days are chasing. People feel the need to associate more with what's exclusive, and rare rather than what they actually like. I can almost guarantee that if any of the shoes I listed above were produced in the same amount of numbers as the other colorways that they'd sit on the shelves alot longer. Hell, possibly hit outlet status.

What happened to Jordan Brand's "What is Love" concept? Just because that ad campaign was for the XVIII's, it's message should still stay alive. Love is collecting and wearing these shoes because theres a history behind it. NOT because only 70 something pairs will be raffled off.

I think JB is forgetting who truely "loves" the brand.
"If shoes were crack, I'd OD'd by now"

Quote:
All I can say is this: the shoe is the Jordan IV for a reason. Talking to the owner of UNDFTD several times about sneakers, we share the same common interest of having the Jordan IV as our favorite sneaker of all time.

Do me a favor.....next time you speak to him tell him to lick my a_____! He's a punk and JB should be ashamed of themselves....giving this idiot the plastic wings we have been waiting years for.....at least make a GR with the plastic in a hot color so we can all cop and enjoy JB!!!!!!!!!

If you think I'd ever spend one cent in that dump undefeated after this you're kidding yourself....

This is Army, sip some. Its only 40 proof, but it'll feel like 151 when I'm DONE!

Things have come full circle. Last time I was but the learner, now I am the MASTER!

^ :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

good post Meth

obviously undftd must be known for JB to give them a callabo...and if they think its a good idea they must know something... THEYRE the professionals here not the fools who blast the shoe... if you hate it that much... thats your problem... and those dissin' UNDFTD especially for price gauging... I DONT see them goin out of business so people must be buying! anyways... i dont notice any other sneaker botique that are in magazine ads ... trust me they are known... but anyways... IMO the jordans are more GOOD than BAD... AND if i had a chance to do what i wanted to do with a JB i WOULD...

Buy What you like.

majority are mad because they dont get to make money off the release.

collecting would be pointless if it is not exclusive and rare.

(name one shoe in your grail list that is GR? )
wink.gif

Does Anyone Care?

Quote:
Buy What you like.
That is the key....If you don't like em why spend the money? just cause they're limited?

Quote:
collecting would be pointless if it is not exclusive and rare.
Wrong, collecting is pointless if you don't have the love for the shoe game

Quote:
Air Jordan VI Blk/Red or Carmines

These UNDFTD IV's don't even say Air Jordan on it. They say UNDEFEATED according to Alex. OK they have a Jumpman on it but does a kid who wants to wear them more for a status quo than the love of the shoe even know what a "jumpman" is????

Quote:
He's a punk and JB should be ashamed of themselves....giving this idiot the plastic wings we have been waiting years for.....at least make a GR with the plastic in a hot color so we can all cop and enjoy JB!!!!!!!!!

exactly :lol:
laugh.gif
is it so hard to put rubber wings on a damn IV?? if any of you jordan big wigs are reading this, why?? hell put them same damn plastic wings on them hiddeous laser iv's! nother brilliant idea from you guys! :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
72 pairs now?

they prolly gonna flip them 7 pairs on ebay themselves.....>D
Buy my Adidas Superstar DVD On Ebay Now! Auction ends March 20!

oh well, they're only shoes. I hope some lucky collectors or fans get them.

All this debating and whinning though is for the birds, forreal.
Fill Your Bowl to the Brim and it will spill, keep sharpening your knife and it will become blunt, chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench. Care about peoples approval and you will be their prisoner. Do your work then step back. The only path to serenity. - Tao Te Ching

Everyone is complaining because the shoes have Plastic "wings".. :rofl:
roll.gif

its not like you're going to run into someone rocking these, and he's gonna laugh at you for your stinky 'leather wings'

Sure these are my favorite sneakers of all time.. but in the end, they are just shoes.

and if I get a pair. I WILL wear them.
o.i.c.

when Meth writes a post like that it reminds me that this board and forum still maintains its integrity. I truly hope that this thread is read by someone at Jordan Brand and they leave all of this limited, commemorative crap until the next celebration of Jordan Brand History because you can only ride this out for so long

Quote:
Well, ispo facto, no fad is permanent.

Dub Zeros - good idea
Laser IV's in OG colours - entertaining idea but hardly tolerable
Collaberations that push the Brand closer to SB status - discouraging towards the future outlook or releases
FS: Jordan XIII Black/Red Retro sz.11 DS and Jordan IV CG sz.12 DS

Please send offers to

[email protected]

Quote:

Is this a joke?

Most of Nike/Jordan's releases back in the day were GR's.

My all time faves. Infrareds.

I also have mad love for XII's Taxi's.

XII's blk/white playoffs.

Blk/Silver 5s

Blk/Red 4's

The list goes on, GR's were the norm.
: [email protected]
: Blkstang98
: Blakstng98
: J-o-e-B-u-r-k-e

JB isn't in a slump to generate any unnecessary hype, but this tactic does seem like their in one

the shoe looks fine to me but the limited amount really bites if they don't plan on making it a general release someday

What a post first off .... and the thread posted by Meth was incredible. Being a REAL OLD SCHOOL head with Jordans, this makes me sick to read.

I 100% will give up Jordans if they ever go that route. This is a SLAP TO JORDAN'S FACE if they proceed in this direction.
"I use to hustle for Jordan kicks, now I do it for a brick ...." - Cormega

Quote:
I 100% will give up Jordans if they ever go that route. This is a SLAP TO JORDAN'S FACE if they proceed in this direction.

word up i agree 100% with that statement. coming from the old school my self i would hate to see jb going that route. what method man said was/is 100% true. method man who is also old school, appreciates what the jordan line is. from the history, to each story thats incorporated in each model. we as og heads appreciate that stuff. now what u have is a ton of yuppie wanna be collectors who do it because it's the in thing to do. hey do you, but if your getting into this culture, then appreciate sneakers for there history, and also appreciate them because they mean something to you personally.
when method man writes, very few people read what he writes, and when this man writes he is always 200% acurate. now dont tell me things like "oh u say that cause your kissing method man's butt, cause he's a mod blah blah blah. guess what? thats bull. infact i remember a time when method man banned me for something that i said. i dont hate the guy, he's just doing his job. but when he writes i read. and everything this man has ever said here on niketalk is the truth. alot of you kids who just just got into the culture can learn a thing or two from method man.
i have never been caught in that limited edition hype. and i will confess, yes i was at the espo release, and i got my espo's. but i was there for one reason. because i know steve (espo) personally i have painted with him smith, lady pink, on more than one ocassion. when he saw me at the line he told me "dude why are you waiting for so long?" i told him because i was there to support a fellow grafitti artist. me being a grafitti artist, i had to do it. he's a great guy who enjoys life to the fullest.
that is the only time that i will ever be on line for anything limited. now as for jb i hope they dont get into this limited stuff. yes the air jordan 5 fire red that dropped in 1990 was produced in only 100 pairs. at that time there wasnt anything like "hype" or boutiques.we werent used to limited kicks, so to us that was an experiment that nike was doing. but now that were used to seeing these kicks that are super limited, it doesnt make sense to me and the older guys for jb to go that route. back then your kicks were either bought in mom and pop shops, or big name stored like footaction, sears, etc.
i would hate to see jordans go in that direction, because only those who claim to be a sneaker colletor will be there and the whole point to air jordans will diminish because some dude rocking some boutique gear, and bapes will say crap like "yeah im a collector" give me a break. in skateboarding they call them posers, in grafitti we call them fakers or toys. people who say there into graff for the love of it, meanwhile there selling there art work off to some fancy smancy gallery. did i have any of my paintings in gallery's? of course i did, but after i sold 3 of my paintings (which sold high) i stopped. it is the most fakest place i have ever been to. you got a bunch of stuck up rich people, yuppies, and "in" th crowd type of folks there, that dont know the history of grafitti, and it's origins. i hated being there. all they wanted me to do was paint, and give them my canvases for them to sell for thousands of dollars. basically they were selling my art work to those who didnt deserve to have it. i paint for the people who can relate to grafitti, i dont paint to some big willy cat out in the hamptons, so that he can hang it up in his mutli million dollar living room. i wont do it.
a word of advice for u kids. keep on collecting, im not saying that you shouldnt, but please whatever you do love the shoes, and respect what they mean. but definately learn the history of the shoe. dont get into that hype limted edition crap because that to me...........................is not part of what our culture is. and undft if you guys are reading, and you decide to go foward with this, just keep in mind what you have created. a negative to our culture, and a clean slap to our faces. our's menaing, those people who collect for the love of it, and appreciate every single jordan model, and the history behind this line...........nuff said and this is how i feel. leave the air jordan 4 alone, it's good the way it is.

edit: any of the guys at undft want to respond to what i said. then e-mail me, and we can discuss this as men. [email protected]
OG SNEAKA HEAD SINCE THE 80'S

Method Man and some of ya'll are speaking knowledge. Its a shame what looks like what is happening here. In 2005, there are simply TOO MANY releases. Take your time, why are they rushing all these shoes and colors? These limiteds are being handled in awful ways. Its sad but its taking the love out, for those of us that have been in the game since day 1!

We enjoy growth and love how Jordans and the Brand have grown but they are close to brand whoring, which= bad.

BTW, JB went from $200 mill to $500 mill in sales the last 4 years. That is ridiculous growth.

they look a little fugazzi cause no flight on the tongue but if it says flight on the tongue i wouldnt mind a pair no jacket though because i would never wear it

you guys are thinking waaaay too into this. i dont think jordan brand is gonna go in this direction at all. the owner (eddie cruz) is very tight with a lot of people at nike. undefeated is a "cool" niketown. nike and undefeated go hand in hand. they get special treatment. if i had a store, i would do the same thing. i would try to do something nobody has ever done before. i would try to set my store above the rest. its just politics people.

Back
Top Bottom