Jordan X UNDFTD - M-AJ4

0]
alien.gif

[/b][/center]

Quote:
just hit up undefeated.... dude said they were gonna raffle them but sounded like he was BSing...
Why does that sound like BS? If you knew what you were talking about you would know that UNDFTD often do the raffle thing. The deal is usually that you buy something, like a special shirt, that comes with a ticket. Then they draw tickets out in a raffle. The winning ticket holders then get to buy the hot product.

Alex, I think the point some people are getting at is that THEY ARE IV's!!!!! I don't think you said it with quite enough FORCE! But that's the reason why people dislike it. They aren't to be messed with. Who are UNDFTD to get a Jordan IV collab? And what on EARTH are Jordan Brand hoping to achieve with this?

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.
Email and MSN: [email protected]
AIM: Air Elijah

Quote:
These things are gimmicks, something that isn't needed. They should continue to build on previous successes from the 90s with strong colourways that appeal to the majority of the general public, as well as the collector. What I don't understand is why Jordan Brand refuse to see this. Perhaps they think this collaboration and other gimmicks they use (eg. laser technology) will help to gain a new audience, or keep younger fans interested. I disagree however, because gimmicks quickly grow old whereas classic colourways remain popular forever.

Wow, how ironic...

I talked to a *fairly important* individual yesterday (convo/interview was off record) but he/she alluded to the same concern...

However, he/she always admitted that "o.g." people (that haven't gone "pro" or are not trying to squeeze all they can for themselves "in the game" while its profitable to do such) fail to see the bigger picture...

The *majority* do not mind situations similar to this, because it keeps the "game" fresh and appeals to... huh... My 12 year old sister, for example, who never saw Mike play on television live in a Bulls uniform... But MUST have every single "remixed" Jordan retro, sz. 6Y, that she can get her big brother to grab for her...

Furthermore...

Jordan isn't playing anymore... So the once true, authentic following for his sneakers (due to his greatness on the court year after year, not only the designs) HAS to be turned into a created one today to keep his name and legacy going on, right?
Hmmmm. Interesting take... Of course, I'm one of the "o.g." people who disagree...

Being apart of the JB team ain't as easy as we make it out to be, yappin' on-line day after day. Looking at both sides, its a very thin line making decisions that would satisfy anyone...
"www.FakePolice.com/www.Solejers.com... The situation just got serious..."

Obviously I disagree, but you raise valid points.
I think with a majority of people asked to choose between :

A.) Fire Reds/Military's
B.) Laser IVs, UNDFTD IVs, CG IVs, White/Green IVs etc etc.

A would win over the other most of the time with exceptions of course. However, as I said this is only my opinion. Not facts.

:smile:
smile.gif

[/b][/center]

Quote:
^^^ Fool Talk.

da beat up. i thought u was cool, but i see u calling me a fool for what ive said. it's my opinion pal. dont need to be calling me a fool for it. it's how i feel and thats it. you want to do it, go ahead i wont hate you.
OG SNEAKA HEAD SINCE THE 80'S

Quote:
if I had the chance, and face it...you would too. Wouldn't you?

screw a Jordan...I'd have the illest '95 the world has ever seen, with a midsole that doesn't discolor!
You need ALL WHITE Air Force 1 lows? I got 'em..sz.7.5-15...only $88 shipped! E-mail me at: [email protected]

looks okay. appears to be something that can give my dm's a rest from time to time.

[size=+2]
sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[/size]

oh wait, the white midsole throws it off. i take it back. I do like the military influence with the velcro tongue though.
KidsLoveInk

Hello:

Ben, I fully hear you, but I still think if I had the opportunity presented to me, I would go for it. Just to do something special to a shoe that I love SO much. (Also, as an aside, did you get the "situation" taken care of yet? If not, I'll look into it after I get back...)

And to the people that call the AJ IV a "classic". Well, it is. It's my favorite shoe of all time. So don't think I hold it any less important than any other shoe, because, well, it isn't.

I'll repeat: IT IS MY FAVORITE SHOE OF ALL TIME. Heck, I got a tattoo based off the Jordan IV. I own all the OG colors, plan to own the lasers, and any and all AJ IV releases that will ever come out.

But still, I would want to spin it my own way and make something personal to me. The regular "Air Jordan" crowd and the UNDFTD crowd are different in some ways, but also the same. Sure, the fashion sense is different, but the love of sneakers is there, even for Air Jordans.

And lastly, for those calling for the head of Gentry...why? You sure he was in charge of this?
wink.gif

Regards:

Alex.
Jocelyn = Dopeness on a stick.
Niketalk Rules of Conduct
Email: [email protected]
W.T.B.B. Indeed.

Quote:
So what if I do get a shot? If I make a Sole Collector x Jordan IV in my favorite colors, would I get blasted and get labeled "a sell out" as well?

The point is that Nike is giving UNDFTD, a store that is notorious for price-gouging etc. this opportunity.

Dr. Jay's deserves something like this before Undefeated :x
sick.gif

sorry didnt read through much of the post..how much is it in undftd la?? (i'm in la BTW)
G.R.A.C.E ==> God's Riches At Christ's Expenses; unconditional love; love that we do not deserve

Quote:
I would want to spin it my own way and make something personal to me.

you know what? now that you say it like this, i can fully understand why you would do it. now it makes sense to me. i'd say yes. you see ive been a grafitti artist since 84. ive seen so many colors come and go. im so used to all of the colors that sadly, i dont have a favorite color. someone asks me whats my favorite color, i'll start naming them all :lol:
laugh.gif
so yeah i see what your saying now, it makes sense. so long as it's special to you, then go for it.

as for the situation bro, still nothing but what can i do. you know me, the hot tempered, short patient hispanic :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

i spoke to "the man" but he told me to hold tight. so im doing just that.................i cant hold tight he and you know that :lol:
laugh.gif

later bro, and thanks.
OG SNEAKA HEAD SINCE THE 80'S

Quote:
Slowly but surely, the "bubble" that has been created over the past 5 years is gonna burst eventually... Only a matter of time...

And the real shoeheads will still be around... Hopefully...

Truth. I hope it happens soon though. This ish is getting out of hand. Those are garbage. I don't care what anyone says. I swear. JB is trying murder IV's. What's next, camouflage V's?
Wanted: Nike dunk co.jp plum size US men's 9.5-10
E-mail: [email protected]
AIM: jvhoop22

If I had the chance I would change the shade of blue on the military IV's to True blue and call it a day.

And I'd make them GR's so everyone could have a pair cuz I got all yall's back.

plastic/rubber straps and heel, the whole shabang! :smokin
smokin.gif

----------------------------------
"Yo, you know the game plan/ Ctown? that's my main man!
We never bring luggage/ We go shopping when the plane lands!" -Big L

Oh god! People need to stop crying about this. They will not be available for you to purchase, so why be mad? If they were available for purchase, I could maybe understand a little bit.

I guess I'm just so used to all this limited stuff already being a retro head, and in the Retro Forum alot. I guess you Jordan people have no idea. Yeah, yeah, why did Jordan Brand have to fall for it blah blah blah.....If you couldn't see this eventually happening, then you've been blinded.

Quote:
i will never be the one trying to destroy the history of this shoe, by adding the colors o fmy choice. infact i wouldnt do it to any jordan for that matter. simply because the colors that jordans came in, and the ones that he wore, have a history to them.

They may not be your personal choice, but JB already "ruined" the classics with all of these Retro + colorways. Prime example, Cool Grey and White/Green IV's.....with leather triangles, and chrome Jumpmans.

Anyway, I think people are way overreacting to this. They're not going to be available, and the people saying JB is selling out, sold out, ruined/ruining (sp?), classics, in my opinion, they've taken care of that a long time ago with all of these Retro + colors.

It's not going to get any better. So I would suggest you guys not get your hopes up.

smile.gif

For Sale:

Nike Haze Dunk Low Premium DS Size 11

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsmone8

To me, this has nothing to do with whether the shoe wound up being sold or not. This development is unwelcome in that it marks encroachment on trendy SB/Retro territory, which is something that many true Jordan brand loyalists have long feared. In short, it means selling out in every sense of the word.

You may think thats great from Jordan brands perspective but it only appears so if examined myopically.

Quote:
Jordan isn't playing anymore... So the once true, authentic following for his sneakers (due to his greatness on the court year after year, not only the designs) HAS to be turned into a created one today to keep his name and legacy going on, right?

I couldnt disagree more. People would still buy Muhammad Ali boxing gear. People would NOT, however, buy a Muhammad Ali home pregnancy test.

Legends warrant respect and reverence so long as their legacies are treated WITH respect and reverence.

Jordan brand products should survive so long as they continue to cater to those faithful to Michael Jordans legacy, those with a similar love for the game of basketball. How could Jordans unmatched legacy truly fade to obscurity when backed by world class marketing and advertising? How could fans fail to associate Michael Jordan with the embodiment of sheer willpower, focus, and determination as applied to the most exciting team sport in the world? How could a product lose relevance when its still being worn VOLUNTARILY by TRUE basketball fans the world over?

Ill tell you how: if you strip it of its relevance to basketball and convert it all into a cheap fad.

If they continue down this path and adopt the SB/Nike Retro business model, they will quickly kill the brands credibility after a few quarters worth of record profits.

Hey, if you only plan to stay with Jordan brand for another year and a half and then you want to jump ship and catch on with another company great going. Unfortunately, many of us care about Jordan brand and have cared about it for decades. Were looking long term, and we actually want to continue to enjoy Jordan brand products indefinitely. This strategy will alienate us from the line. You will lose our business.

You can tell me that a 16 year old is ready to take my place, but how long will that ploy last without TRUE fan support? If 16 year olds arent buying the product to look like MJ anymore, theyre buying it to look like older kids, celebrities, etc. If older Jordan fans true basketball fans abandon the line, whos left to set the trend for the younger kids to follow? Carmelo Anthony? Good luck.

Plenty of celebrities currently wear Jordan brand voluntarily. I would venture that many of them do so for the same reasons that we as fans do they grew up watching Michael Jordan and they love the game of basketball. Thats what the Jumpman has come to represent even more powerfully than the NBA logo.

Look at NikeTalk, and you can see how powerfully, durably, and capably the brands TRUE direction has been able to achieve crossover success, both domestically and internationally.

Now, lets look at the forecast should you continue to emulate a trendy brand identity. Lets see how much longer BAPE continues to thrive. How bout those Ice Creams?

What happened to all of those urban brands when they started to get greedy? The trendsetters, the early adopters, the ones who established these brands and who were, in turn, emulated by a mass audience suddenly TURNED on the product. Why? We all know why. It became corny and played out.

Anyone interested in a Fubu velour set? How about Akademics? Mecca? Iceberg History? Triple 5 Soul? Each of these brands undoubtedly experienced exponential growth but they were too foolish and myopic to realize that such growth cannot be infinitely sustained. Eventually, the bottom falls out.

You can try to hold steady and build on what you have maintaining a highly lucrative brand name for decades to come or you can burn it out in 5 years just so you have some impressive growth to boast on your resume, assuming you bail on Jordan brand before its been driven into the ground.

When you sell out and market the product to appeal to spoiled hipsters, youre trying to capture mutually exclusive audiences simultaneously.

I certainly dont mind walking into a gym anywhere in the country and seeing a little kid, no matter what he or she looks like, wearing Jordan brand.

I would, however, have a problem coming across throngs of people with no respect or love for the game of basketball wearing some ridiculous grunge inspired Jordan brand products simply because its the trendy thing to wear. Dont believe me? How many of you want to rock a Che Guevara shirt now?

If you want to turn Air Jordans into just another soulless piece of consumer culture, youre going to rob Air Jordans of the significance that engenders the loyalty you see on display here, or anywhere people love and respect the game of basketball.

Youre gonna have a big problem when youve chased away loyal fans in favor of fickle trendsters. You do realize, by doing so youre merely vying to become the next big fad, dont you?

Sure, your business will grow. Youll pick up a whole new audience that will coexist with your existing fans for a time. Then, one day, people like me will become fed up. The bottom will fall out, and the brands staunchest supporters will move on to something more reflective of their tastes and lifestyle. So, youll be left with your trendy new audience. Well, ispo facto, no fad is permanent. Eventually, something new will catch the eye of the callow, shallow masses merely looking to impress their peers by any means necessary. Is that how we want Jordan brand to end? Do we really want Jordan brand to die as pitifully and unceremoniously as Bape and Fubu? Do we really want people to look back as theyre cleaning through their closets and think man, I cant believe I ever used to think that was cool.

I know I dont.

Back
Top Bottom