Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

These are a lot better in person than in pics, where they look "off". Dont know how to explain it but they looked like fakes, in person is a completely different story. First pair of 11's since I traded for some Concords a LONG time ago.

W
^^^ This

The 9s and 10s got no love back when I was in middle school.  Penny's were the kicks to have.

When the XIs came out, the game was over.  I remember watching that playoff game and me and my homeboys was like WTF is he wearing (no HDTV back then).

When Ahmad Rashad held them during that sideline interview, that's all we talked about at school.
Werd! The black n blue pennys were the ones everyone had. 11s were exclusive

I remember having to choose between the grant hills and the penny I. Picked penny I but the grants were a force too. Then Iverson turned Jordan into an ice skater.......
It's like the equivalent of OBJ doing the catch last season. Really put AI on the map for me. I'd say his draft class really defined my generation.
I'm part of the baggy clothes and corn rolls era for sure
laugh.gif
I still rock baggy jeans to this day from time to time. But not as baggy as the JNCO jeans I was flossin in back in the early 90s lol....back then it was all about baggy dickies, baggy jnco's, girbauds, and ben davis. we didn't call it "swag" back then, we called it "gangsta" lol

I can't even fathom wearin that super tight sh** y'all kids be rockin' nowadays, and ya'll sag em but can't walk right. At least when you sagged baggy jeans, you could still walk like you a G.

Last edited:
1974. Being from DC I hated MJ for "The Shot" to beat my Hoyas in the NCAA Chip. We had no idea of the greatness to come. Too bad Len Bias died. I would have loved to see them 2 compete in the L.
Oh yeah, I remember about that. He was suppose to be better than Jordan but died from a cocaine overdose a couple of days after the draft. (1995 but still keep up with history)

1974. Being from DC I hated MJ for "The Shot" to beat my Hoyas in the NCAA Chip. We had no idea of the greatness to come. Too bad Len Bias died. I would have loved to see them 2 compete in the L.

Oh yeah, I remember about that. He was suppose to be better than Jordan but died from a cocaine overdose a couple of days after the draft. (1995 but still keep up with history)

I was talking about dude last week. Was explaining how drugs can take you out at any given time. We were robbed of something special :smh:

What do y'all think the odds are that finish line cancels my order cause I couldn't put the "1/2" onto my billing address that the credit card is linked to? It wouldn't take "special characters." I've only bought my 88s from them before but have heard some horror stories. Sigh. So it's literally 625 1/2 but I put down 625 which is fine cause it's the house in the front of the duplex.

Last edited:
:lol: Ill be da big 4 OH in 32 days, thank goodness i come from a great gene pool.. Ppl think me and my 27yr nephew are bros

Man I had no idea you were an OG fam. Much respect @koncrete kickz

And like someone said it was cool to have to wait until MJ wore shoes on tv to see what was about to drop next. Back then we were able to wear exactly what Mike wore. Nowadays people like bron etc rarely wear GR colorways. Steph is killing it but his shoes are buns. My 6 year old loves them so it is what it is :lol:

Back
Top Bottom