Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

If space jams retro next year. I'm going to get clowned on by my friends and family for buying the same shoe again just with a blue jumpman lol

Last edited:
laugh.gif

You must be young.
sounds like it

Bred's I don't rate to highly only because I don't like the brightness of the red on the outsole, But that's just opinion and I respect their place so they're top 5.

Columbia's yellowed horribly but were good.

Legend Blue's felt cheap to me but if they had a mesh or tumbled upper, Grails.

Gammas Top 5

72-10's not bad at all but only come close to being Top 5

Cool Grey's, Clean.

Space Jam's undeniable Top 3

Concord's undeniable Top 3 

List

1. Space Jam/Concord

3. Bred's

4. Cool Greys

5th is debatable. But ain't no way 72-10's top any of those 4
If we can combine stuff than I would go.

1.Space Jam / Concord

2. Play-offs

3. 72-10's

4. Legend Blues

5. Gammas

6. Cool Greys

Exclusivity can cause demand to rise, and resell values to go up..like with Yeezys..but I doubt that's the main reason for Bred 1s, Royal 1s, Chi 1s Universal popularity..those sneakers have been all around the globe since the 80s. I'd agree, that making them limited in todays age adds to their demand for resell market value..but would making them general release at a higher retail price absolutely kill their demand..so that you can go into footlocker 6months down the road..and still be able to pickup Royal 1s..or Bred 1s at $220? I doubt it..but we won't know until it happens.
I think Resellers would buy up those 1s for $220 and sell for $300 or more STILL..so no way 6months would pass n u still be able to buy at retail $220. JB still cashed out tho

Houston-
Pairs floating around, make calls and holds if possible. BIL picked up a sz 11 at Greenspoint Mall before closing.
Heard Willowbrook had some also.

Last edited:
If space jams retro next year. I'm going to get clowned on by my friends and family for buying the same shoe again just with a blue jumpman lol
Your friends and family that don't know about shoes? I wouldn't even bother explaining the differences to them 
laugh.gif

I disagree with you partly: it depends on the product you are manufacturing. In a manufacturing industry, there are way too many cost drivers that affect pricing. There are:

1. Direct labor
2. indirect manufacturing costs that include the number of machine set ups
3. # of engineering change orders
4. customer demand for quality inspections
5. handling and storage
6. the number of changing components in the units produced
7. $ of production machine hours, which at times can be variable

Also, changes in leadership can lead to changes in strategy and shifts in the allocation of resources, all of which can affect overhead both positively and negatively. What industry do you work in?

OK to clarify, in the consumer garment industry you're incorrect. Also, cost drivers affect cost not price.

I could go through each of your bullets if you'd like. I just don't like misinformation to be spread because people that do not have a background may actually believe this.

And yes I have experience in the garment industry, in depth knowledge of manufacturing.

Space Jams Drop Next Year.

I will definitely need 2 pairs, no question.

Space jams are being slandered?? Y'all are so backwards on NT. Y'all was expecting them to re-release this year and are talking about getting them next year
who?

I said when they re-release.Nobody said anything about a date,year or time.

You know nike will definitely bring them back so yes they will rerelease at some point.

Gotta agree Gammas >>> CGs. They're just as bad as the Pathones (or whatever they're called) and the Melo's if they release too

When the volume of production increases, the cost of production decreases
You are referring to "economies of scale" but you also have to take into account the other stages of production scaling, which varies by industry/manufacturer - increasing returns, diminished returns, and constant returns to scale. Inputs and outputs in production can vary widely depending on the firm's production strategy.

Therefore, even though Nike has increased production, it doesn't necessarily entail that their costs have gone down because we do not know which cost drivers are primarily affecting their decision making.

You are referring to "economies of scale" but you also have to take into account the other stages of production scaling, which varies by industry/manufacturer - increasing returns, diminished returns, and constant returns to scale. Inputs and outputs in production can vary widely depending on the firm's production strategy.

Therefore, even though Nike has increased production, it doesn't necessarily entail that their costs have gone down because we do not know which cost drivers are primarily affecting their decision making.
moral of the story nike still making a crazy amount per shoe.I think it was a picture at some nike conference where it showed the cost of the jordan 1 black toe.I think it was like $16 total with everything.So a price increase means they really make a ton especially on a hyped up and Huge GR like this.Hell even if they go on clearance nike still good.

They cant lose right now.

Of course returns will increase with a higher production and sales volume but that doesnt negate the rule of economies of scale. There are exceptions in the real world but economies of scale  applies to the vast majority of production systems and very much likely applies to Nike.

Back
Top Bottom