Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

I really hope they don't do break the record. Not because I care about this shoe going up in value, but because I feel like the Dubs have had an easier ride. Competition was much tougher 20 years ago. There are only like 4-5 competent teams in the league right now. It's a disaster. Half of these guys don't belong anywhere the big leagues. We'all see what happens but I think they're gonna choke with all that pressure. At best a tie but they would still need to get a ring. At worst 71-11 which is unlikely but who knows.

I really hope they don't do break the record. Not because I care about this shoe going up in value, but because I feel like the Dubs have had an easier ride. Competition was much tougher 20 years ago. There are only like 4-5 competent teams in the league right now. It's a disaster. Half of these guys don't belong anywhere the big leagues. We'all see what happens but I think they're gonna choke with all that pressure. At best a tie but they would still need to get a ring. At worst 71-11 which is unlikely but who knows.

They got four fairly tough games left so it's interesting to see if any coaches rest players. I hope they lose all 4 remaining games, but realistically wouldn't be surprised if they win all 4 or lose only 1.

Last edited:
Competition was much tougher 20 years ago. There are only like 4-5 competent teams in the league right now.
How do you prove this without saying stuff like, "Hey kiddo you don't know basketball.  I was around during that time."

Stuff like this is impossible to measure or say it for a fact.  The league is so different 20 years later.

Competition was much tougher 20 years ago. There are only like 4-5 competent teams in the league right now.
How do you prove this without saying stuff like, "Hey kiddo you don't know basketball.  I was around during that time."
Stuff like this is impossible to measure or say it for a fact.  The league is so different 20 years later.

Agreed. We have more talented players in the league than we we back in the day.

Well they got a home and away with Spurs. Its not like the Warriors are heads and shoulders above the standings. Spurs are close enough that its worth a shot for 1 seed. Regardless, people can say what they want about the blowout loss way back but come end of season into post season, Spurs are no joke. I think they win more games over the last half of the season than anyone. I got Warriors for at least one loss. If Spurs do it tonight, hmmm they are tough at home. Be bittersweet if my team knocks them turds out, then Duncan goes for another ring to tie MJ. No one talks about that.

Last edited:
Just wanna say that I may be able to still feel good about owning this tee
laugh.gif
I'm from Chicago, born and raised.

As you stated its a different league today.

I am very proud of the 6-0 Chicago Bulls record in the finals.

No other team in the NBA is undefeated in the Finals.

+

GO SPURS GO!!!

Last edited:
All relative. Might be more talented. Might also be less skilled. Not as good at individual defense or posting up. Or, frankly, competing hard against each other. But, it's definitely apples and oranges. And, it always will be.

+

GO SPURS GO!!!
Being undefeated in the finals as a franchise is overrated would rather be 16-15 like the lakers than 6-0 as bull.  I say this from a franchise standpoint. As a player I think being undefeated in the finals is a great.

31 appearances > 6

I get what you are saying though I'm just pointing this out.

+

GO SPURS GO!!!

Being undefeated in the finals as a franchise is overrated would rather be 16-15 like the lakers than 6-0 as bull.  I say this from a franchise standpoint. As a player I think being undefeated in the finals is a great.

31 appearances > 6

I get what you are saying though I'm just pointing this out.
But yet everyone talks about the 6-0 Bulls. 16-15 is not as legendary as 6-0 and i don't even like the Bulls :rofl:

They talk about the 6-0 run as a team. 6-0 with jordan. It's not to say they are the best franchise because they are 6-0.

6-0 increases Jordans legacy and that's why it is talked about so much. I'm just saying the undefeated mark isn't as important as a franchise. If they were to make the finals this year and lose it wouldn't hurt the franchise at all. People will still remember 6-0 in the jordan era

They talk about the 6-0 run as a team. 6-0 with jordan. It's not to say they are the best franchise because they are 6-0.

6-0 increases Jordans legacy and that's why it is talked about so much. I'm just saying the undefeated mark isn't as important as a franchise. If they were to make the finals this year and lose it wouldn't hurt the franchise at all. People will still remember 6-0 in the jordan era
I agree, more a Jordan legacy than that of the franchise.  

I know we can't compare era's in any sport but I would say that in the 90's the physicallity of the game was different.  

Yeah and with the Lakers your mixing teams that often people will compare between. I get the point though. The Bulls though had one of the baddest 8 year runs of any team i ever knew and very well could have won out in that time frame.

I don't know about this. I feel there were much more talented players back then than now. Compare the US Olympic basketball teams to today's. Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'neal, Kobe Bryant, Clyde Drexler, Penny Hardaway, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Shawn Kemp, Hakeem Olajuwon, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Charles Barkley, Chris Webber, Allen Iverson >>>>>> Stephen Curry, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Carmelo Anthony, Russell Westbrooke, Dwayne Wade.

Last edited:

I don't know about this. I feel there were much more talented players back then than now. Compare the US Olympic basketball teams to today's. Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'neal, Kobe Bryant, Clyde Drexler, Penny Hardaway, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Shawn Kemp, Hakeem Olajuwon, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Charles Barkley, Chris Webber, Allen Iverson >>>>>> Stephen Curry, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Carmelo Anthony, Russell Westbrooke, Dwayne Wade.
Ok. The league as a whole is more talented and more athletic than it was back in the day. Not just the top heavy talent.

Ok. The league as a whole is more talented and more athletic than it was back in the day. Not just the top heavy talent.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

I don't have time to go in depth, but it's not even close. Bird and Magic beating up on each other, Pistons clowning for a little while, Olajuwon schooling other legends and Mike damn near beating them all.

This gen, is skilled and certainly has players that would be able to hang, but overall better!? No...

They're too soft and their endurance isn't in place.

Well it is kinda unfair that you grab a list of hall of famers with established and accomplished careers from multiple eras, spanning 3 decades and comparing them to current players that haven't even finished thier careers.

Last edited:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

I don't have time to go in depth, but it's not even close. Bird and Magic beating up on each other, Pistons clowning for a little while, Olajuwon schooling other legends and Mike damn near beating them all.

This gen, is skilled and certainly has players that would be able to hang, but overall better!? No...

They're too soft and their endurance isn't in place.

You didn't even gather what I typed as evidence by you still posting the top talent. It's cool tho as its only a matter of perspective and none of our opinions matter anyway.

A lot of people discount Jordan because he played vs the legendary players towards the end of their careers and not in their primes.

Last edited:
To get in on the NBA talent today compared to the late 80's 90's is not really fair. I'm older (late 30's) and saw the old era and they were better then. The players today ARE more athletic but not more talented. Back then you had at least 2 superstars on every team, today you don't even know who plays on some teams (sarcasm). Also, back then you could hand check while today if you look at someone too long you get a tech. I bet Curry wouldn't come in the lane if Malone was there. He would get tired of getting knocked on his *** or hit with a forearm. No disrespect to Curry either, I love watching the kid do his thing but the game is totally different and at the end of the day its hard to compare different eras.

Well it is kinda unfair that you grab a list of hall of famers with established and accomplished careers from multiple eras, spanning 3 decades and comparing them to current players that haven't even finished thier careers.

3 decades? I did not. All of the guys I mentioned were at their peek in the 90's. I would know because I was a young kid, but could name every player in the NBA during that '94-00' time period. I didn't mention Magic Johnson or Larry Bird because they were before my time and recollection of the NBA. I remember O'neal vs. Olajuwon/Hardaway vs. Drexler that was in the 90's, the Bulls reign (Michael Jordan) that was in the 90's, Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant were in the 90's. Karl Malone vs. Charles Barkley that was in the 90's. Reggie Miller draining 3's during the play-offs was in the 90's. Larry Johnson and Alonzo Mourning vs. Patrick Ewing and Charles Oakley was in the 90's. Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp with the Seattle Supersonics, Kevin Garnett and Stephon Marbury with the T-Wolves, and Chris Webber and Juwan Howard with the Washington Wizards were all in the 90's. You can't refute facts sir. Curry is still imo the G.O.A.T of this era in the NBA moreso over LeBron, but those 90's ball players were not be effed with. It was a match-up every night and the NBA play-offs were much more intense. There were 2 NBA superstars on just about every team back then.

To get in on the NBA talent today compared to the late 80's 90's is not really fair. I'm older (late 30's) and saw the old era and they were better then. The players today ARE more athletic but not more talented. Back then you had at least 2 superstars on every team, today you don't even know who plays on some teams (sarcasm). Also, back then you could hand check while today if you look at someone too long you get a tech.

Repped.

ArtieTruth.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom