Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

Bu-bu-bu the bulls! And Jordan! Omg the 90's were so different!

:stoneface:

Who the hell Jordan faced in the Finals again at his position... Drexler was decent... Then followed by Scott/Hawkins/Ainge/Majerle/Hornacek/Russell. Talking about easy!

Who the hell Jordan faced in the Finals again at his position... Drexler was decent... Then followed by Scott/Hawkins/Ainge/Majerle/Hornacek/Russell. Talking about easy!

Drexler decent? Dude was only voted one of the 50 greatest players of all time. :lol:

Also forgot Jordan was shooting over Kevin Johnson. He and Thunder Dan couldn't check the GOAT. The Glove played him in 95/96 but was too small.

Saw a recent post on the new 50 greatest and Curry checked in at 36ish. Curry is unreal, hope he keeps rolling so he's in the discussion among the greatest.

Let's goooo warriors!
My cousin broke these out for the game tonight. Maybe one day I'll cop just to add to the collection

Last edited:

Drexler decent? Dude was only voted one of the 50 greatest players of all time. :lol:

Also forgot Jordan was shooting over Kevin Johnson. He and Thunder Dan couldn't check the GOAT. The Glove played him in 95/96 but was too small.

Saw a recent post on the new 50 greatest and Curry checked in at 36ish. Curry is unreal, hope he keeps rolling so he's in the discussion among the greatest.
in the 90s Drexler was easy

You're probably referring to the ESPN new top 50, which has Lebron at third best all time, making that list automatically a joke.

Last edited:
You're probably referring to the ESPN new top 50, which has Lebron at third best all time, making that list automatically a joke.

Lot of hate for Lebron, easily a top ten all time great player and still going. Once you're top ten everyone debates the order.

Lot of hate for Lebron, easily a top ten all time great player and still going. Once you're top ten everyone debates the order.

Everyone see and goes by that 2-4 Finals record.. To me, to be in the top 10 greats is all about overall numbers, achievements, and years. Championships are cherry on top. You need multiple rings to be considered top 10... Lebron's numbers and achievements are all up there. I think it comes down to preference.

Last edited:
Everyone see and goes by that 2-4 Finals record.. To me, to be in the top 10 greats is all about overall numbers, achievements, and years. Championships are cherry on top. You need multiple rings to be considered top 10... Lebron's numbers and achievements are all up there. I think it comes down to preference.
lol championships are just as important as achievements... just look where barkley or stockton could have been even if they got 1 or 2... not saying they are bad but players like isiah are looked at more diff with their rings

lol championships are just as important as achievements... just look where barkley or stockton could have been even if they got 1 or 2... not saying they are bad but players like isiah are looked at more diff with their rings

Reason I said you need multiple rings to be considered in the top 10...

That's the great part about sports and being a fan. Funny how these 72-10 shoes carry so much significance this season especially with the Warriors breaking it, but needing to win it all to have significance. Everyone on the boards talking about value of this specific shoe but Nike crushes it yet again with perfect timing.

I agree with most of what you stated above. I'd put more weight on championships though. To me in order to be one of the greatest ever you have to dominate your era for some amount of significant time, say (+, ~) ten years. Lebron has done that. While he's no where close to my favorite player. The guy is a once in a lifetime talent. That 2007 Cavs team was garbage and he took them to the finals.

If all time greats were just about stats a player like David Robinson would be considered much higher. He's a top 50 regardless but an unbelievable stat filler.

Best few pieces I read about Lebron were before he got drafted. Larry Bird said he'd be surprised if Lebron wasn't a HOFer after 5 years. Another talked about how he's a combination of Magic in Karl Malone's body, which if you think about it is an interesting comment. I'm just surprised so many dislike a player like Lebron. but many hated Jordan so it goes with the territory.

Right now LeBron, Curry, and KD are the leagues best. While I grew up in the 80s-90s this era isn't too bad.

Last edited:
That's the great part about sports and being a fan. Funny how these 72-10 shoes carry so much significance this season especially with the Warriors breaking it, but needing to win it all to have significance. Everyone on the boards talking about value of this specific shoe but Nike crushes it yet again with perfect timing.

I agree with most of what you stated above. I'd put more weight on championships though. To me in order to be one of the greatest ever you have to dominate your era for some amount of significant time, say (+, ~) ten years. Lebron has done that. While he's no where close to my favorite player. The guy is a once in a lifetime talent. That 2007 Cavs team was garbage and he took them to the finals.

If all time greats were just about stats a player like David Robinson would be considered much higher. He's a top 50 regardless but an unbelievable stat filler.

Best few pieces I read about Lebron were before he got drafted. Larry Bird said he'd be surprised if Lebron wasn't a HOFer after 5 years. Another talked about how he's a combination of Magic in Karl Malone's body, which if you think about it is an interesting comment. I'm just surprised so many dislike a player like Lebron. but many hated Jordan so it goes with the territory.

Right now LeBron, Curry, and KD are the leagues best. While I grew up in the 80s-90s this era isn't too bad.
Yeah and Tim Duncan would be more than a passing fancy. Shame that hype rules.

Yeah and Tim Duncan would be more than a passing fancy. Shame that hype rules.

LOL, while hitting a 12 foot shot of the backboard repeatidly for 20 years will get you into the HOF.....it doesn't sell many shoes. But flying through the air on your 8' adjustable hoop moves plenty of Jays :rofl:

Last edited:
Damn I wish all these shoes weren't dropping currently I seriously need to catch up and scoop these 2 pairs up

after the 5s it's the 14s for me in Aug then I should be good till Dec unless JB pulls out another 13 in Nov to kick off the year of the 13

C&C 8s, OVO 12s, M5s, B/red 1s and I'm sleep on JB til December also. anything outside of that is catch up pickups (White OVO 10s, white and black supreme 5s, 72-10s)

Looks like Jordan got his fangs in me again :lol:

I thought JB quit that year of the so and so and just drops whatever number now

Last edited:
For my DMV folks, saw a GS pair on display at D1cks Sporting Goods in Fair Lakes, VA. It was boys 6.5 btw

Last edited:
For a million + pairs sold, these have become a white whale for me. 4 orders cancelled from both restocks and cosignment and lost another below retail ebay auction last night. In the words of the immortal Clark Griswold "This is quest".

For a million + pairs sold, these have become a white whale for me. 4 orders cancelled from both restocks and cosignment and lost another below retail ebay auction last night. In the words of the immortal Clark Griswold "This is quest".

That sucks..

damn fam

I said **** it and told a dude on ebay id pay 265 shipped via PayPal

SoleSupremancy has a $50 off for 72-10 running this weekend only. Comes out to $275 shipped if you are not in Cali ( tax).

Back
Top Bottom