Jordan XI Retro restoration pics

welcome to Nt man. those look great!

As for the seaglowing part, On most beater xi's, the ones with especially piss yellowed soles, A second or third coat of sea glow is necessary in order toget them looking fairly icy again...

You should see results after the first attempt if your doing it right, But definitely after the 3rd coat you should see a positive change. (if you need help orhave any questions about the seaglow, pm me).

best of luck on these!
wink.gif

Great work man!! Those kicks are shining
smile.gif
.. u could start a small sidebusiness doing this in ur area and really get paid!!! Your b4 and after pictures speaks volumes!!...

I would also vacuum inside the shoe to remove any sock lint from the past, and replaced the insoles with new ones. Be careful with sea glow, if you do it wrongthe rubber can separate.

excellent.. please post pics of the sea-glow affect.
i wanna try it on my 01 columbias, and they are
not as bad as yours were. JUST MY SOLES

If you need help with seaglowing you should check out the ISS tutorial. It also depends how much you did. If you went out for like 1 hour it will clear it up alittle, but you should do numerous sea glow processes as the sea glow starts to go off the sole put more on and so on. Here's some pics of some 11'safter a really good seaglowing was done:

Before:

After:

I believe they're the same pair because they were used in the tutorial to show what sea low can do

Originally Posted by DannManns

For those of you asking about Sea Glow results, here you go:

2ugl5qd.jpg

The soles of my White/Black/Red 2000 AJ V's. Top row is before, while the bottom row is after. The blue you see is blue painter's tape used to mask off the edge of the soles so the Sea Glow wouldn't touch any glued areas of the shoe (Sea Glow will eat the glue and your shoes will fall apart. So, be careful!)

I left them out in the sun for 2-3 hours and kept an eye on them so the glue would not get too hot to prevent them from falling apart. I exposed these to the sun on three different days to get a better result. As you can see, it has helped a lot!

They look great now and I haven't had anything come loose or fall apart.

Good job on the Sea Glow, but to all fairness yours weren't that yellow to begin with. And it isn't true about Sea Glow eating the glue, what happensis on 11's especially when it is in the heat the glue melts and if sea glow gets to the melted glue it can't be reattached, but if you go out in thesun with no sea glow they will start to melt and you'll get sole separation, but thenif you apply pressure it will reattach because the glue is still good,but the sea glow makes it unable to reattach after metling so it's not exactly sea glow that "eats" the glue when in contact, but it renders ituseless if it comes in contact with it after the sole separates

nice job on the restoration, thinking about doing this to my XI lows, but im still looking for some concords

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Originally Posted by DannManns

For those of you asking about Sea Glow results, here you go:

2ugl5qd.jpg

The soles of my White/Black/Red 2000 AJ V's. Top row is before, while the bottom row is after. The blue you see is blue painter's tape used to mask off the edge of the soles so the Sea Glow wouldn't touch any glued areas of the shoe (Sea Glow will eat the glue and your shoes will fall apart. So, be careful!)

I left them out in the sun for 2-3 hours and kept an eye on them so the glue would not get too hot to prevent them from falling apart. I exposed these to the sun on three different days to get a better result. As you can see, it has helped a lot!

They look great now and I haven't had anything come loose or fall apart.

Good job on the Sea Glow, but to all fairness yours weren't that yellow to begin with. And it isn't true about Sea Glow eating the glue, what happens is on 11's especially when it is in the heat the glue melts and if sea glow gets to the melted glue it can't be reattached, but if you go out in the sun with no sea glow they will start to melt and you'll get sole separation, but thenif you apply pressure it will reattach because the glue is still good, but the sea glow makes it unable to reattach after metling so it's not exactly sea glow that "eats" the glue when in contact, but it renders it useless if it comes in contact with it after the sole separates

Well put, seaglow gets a bad wrap sometimes. It's definitely the heat, not seaglow, that can cause problems with glue. Ditto on the ISS tutorial, it laysit out pretty well. Patience is the key, it will take several applications if the soles are pretty yellowed to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom