Jordan XIII Playoffs - February 18, 2023

Are you referring to the outsole not having grey?
That, and the faux tumbled leather they used. I was actually in the midst of boycotting Jordan Brand at the time and ended it for those, so there was no way I was buying more than one pair off of principle alone. Like I stated, I just wanted to have a DS pair of my favorite Air Jordan.

This. Suede and and leather panels look like ****...

Wanted to see the bottom too to see if they put grey on there like the OG. Either way if that's a real pair, it's sad

Are you referring to the outsole not having grey? I want the OG playoffs but they like $1500 for my size
So I know the OGs that we got in 1998 had Grey on the sole like these 2023s but they PEs that MJ wore had black… yea?

357374E6-3F61-40CA-9DA8-B74D03E6866E.jpeg

So I know the OGs that we got in 1998 had Grey on the sole like these 2023s but they PEs that MJ wore had black… yea?

357374E6-3F61-40CA-9DA8-B74D03E6866E.jpeg

I mean to be fair, those PE’s were the lows with the mesh side panels…Not really the same shoe…If they dropped those low top PE’s then the black accents on the bottom would be expected…

The high pairs he wore had the grey, so to me anyway, these should as well…

753FEAB9-2191-4C3A-A774-577BACB89706.jpeg
41FCD13A-1D84-467C-9069-1264C5C8F6EE.jpeg

Low PE’s just for reference…
96FEBBBB-DE96-4024-B641-4913BC9143E3.jpeg
EA65B9DF-0A5B-4FE3-852C-DBA3D52500AA.jpeg

When they get done with this release, can we please get the black pod pe?

Best unreleased MJ PE ever to me…Doesn’t make sense that they haven’t dropped them yet…Especially with how many times they’ve given the low top version of the model a run…They can give us whatever the hell the CLOT pair was but they can’t drop MJ’s PE’s…

I mean to be fair, those PE’s were the lows with the mesh side panels…Not really the same shoe…If they dropped those low top PE’s then the black accents on the bottom would be expected…

Ahh good catch, I remember that unreleased PE but I didn’t realize that screenshot I posted was of that shoe

Best unreleased MJ PE ever to me…Doesn’t make sense that they haven’t dropped them yet…Especially with how many times they’ve given the low top version of the model a run…They can give us whatever the hell the CLOT pair was but they can’t drop MJ’s PE’s…

It just makes no sense to why they never have dropped that pair.
It wouldn't shock me if the people making the decisions these days on what colorways drop don't even know about them.

It wouldn't shock me if the people making the decisions these days on what colorways drop don't even know about them.

Honestly this is probably true…There’s no effort by most to really learn the history of these shoes, as sad as that is…Even by the people in charge of making these decisions…

I can’t remember what it was for but a few months back I caught one of those SNKRS Live streams…Might’ve been for the Cherry 11’s but I can’t remember…

They were talking about the history of Jordan Sneakers…When they got to the 10’s one of the guys picked up the OG Steel’s with the toecap…He said that Nike only released a few pairs with the toecap and that they stopped production as a result of there being an issue with manufacturing or something like that…They picked up production again on the OG Steels WITHOUT the toecap…I about fell out of my chair from laughing so much…I sent them a comment that first off ALL the OG Steels had the toecap and secondly all other colorways since then haven’t had the toecap at MJ’s specific request…

This was one of the guys in charge of Nikes DNA Archive or whatever it’s called…Now it’s possible that he got his facts mixed up and blurred with the OG Shadows which did have samples mocked up with the toecap (But never released as he referenced with the Steel’s), but if it’s his job to curate this stuff you’d think he’d know better…Not to mention the live stream of 150k+ viewers, most of which likely didn’t know that particular piece of sneaker history, were fed incorrect info…This is how details and **** gets lost when they finally do retro OG colorways…It’s because the people in these positions don’t know these shoes inside and out like we do, but they fully walk around like they actually do…It’s unfortunate but that’s the sneaker world of today…

Last edited:
That, and the faux tumbled leather they used. I was actually in the midst of boycotting Jordan Brand at the time and ended it for those, so there was no way I was buying more than one pair off of principle alone. Like I stated, I just wanted to have a DS pair of my favorite Air Jordan.
Makes sense. I bought a pair of the 2011s ended up selling them but I didn’t really have any complaints about them(never had a pair of the originals tho) I thought they were great despite not having true to OG details. With this upcoming release it seems JB gave us the right OG specs but on an overall worse version of the shoe

I always wished we could’ve gotten a high mesh/3m version as well

Back
Top Bottom