Jordan XIII Playoffs - February 18, 2023

Waiting for my order to come in. Got a shipping notification from Bows and Arrows but I’ve never ordered from them before so not sure how long it’ll actually be.

Honestly looking forward to taking these on court immediately. These will be the first retro I hoop in.

Wait

This guy got a FREE pair of 13s and it only
Cost him days and he wants to return them?

How is the whole ENTIRE point of me having shoes delivered to me turned into ME having to drive to a USPS to return what I already wanted?

Yea I wouldn’t act like anything happened

Either u paid for the pay u got

Or u will have a free pair of 13s and a story to tell your grandkids when they lose out on the 2053 release

Those Pippen 2s :smokin

Never forget this release....by the time my brother and I managed to convince our parents for a pair....there was only 1 10.5/11 Bred 13 in the city. My brother got them....I got those Pro Strongs. Always wanted a pair of OGs still.

Both shoes are still in our closets....Haven't pulled em out in a bit but will most definitely need reglue.

Last edited:

Never forget this release....by the time my brother and I managed to convince our parents for a pair....there was only 1 10.5/11 Bred 13 in the city. My brother got them....I got those Pro Strongs. Always wanted a pair of OGs still.

Both shoes are still in our closets....Haven't pulled em out in a bit but will most definitely need reglue.

Had those black Pips back in the 8th grade... parents werent buying me Js. Anyway will def buy em again if/when they retro.

This is becoming a public relations disaster for Lil Davey Magoo Enterprises.

I should’ve just issued a press release on Saturday and gotten it over with. This slow drip drip of negative media coverage is killing my brand.

So I’m just going to rip the band aide off and tell the full story.

This is long, so don’t bother clicking the spoiler tag if that bothers you.

Here’s what happened:

I walked into the Nike Store on Saturday, thinking they might have these…which they did not. One of the employees said they didn’t think they’d be getting any at all. And really why would they? Why would the g-damn NIKE STORE located in the city where the company was founded be carrying Jordans that people actually want? That were made in large quantities and aren’t part of any special collab or limited hypebeast release.

…seems silly that I even tried.

Then I went to Champs and to my surprise they had em. Didn’t have a size 11.5, which is what I ordered from the shock drop, but they had a size 11. Great, I thought. I can try that size on and see if the 11.5s were the right size. Sure enough, the 11s fit perfectly, proving that my instincts about the 11.5s being too big were spot on.

Unfortunately, and this where I suspect I may get the most backlash, they just didn’t look good to me on feet. They’re super cool shoes. They’re just not in line with my style preference. Maybe two years ago when I was trying to grab any retro I could get for retail, but I’ve learned my lesson. If I don’t love em, I don’t buy em…and I use the money to buy something I do love…like the Royal 1s.

So ultimately after all that shock drop melodrama, I decided they weren’t the shoes for me.

That’s as honest and forthright as I can be with you fellas.

And for the record, my publicist advised me not to do this.

But I believe in transparency.

…you may now do your worst.

25205E6A-64D9-4561-90C3-C6B1E383B746.gif
It's definitely harmless and no big deal but...I think it would probably go a long way if you stopped all the melodrama in the threads of shoes you don't even want anyway.

Which includes every Jordan release.

Talking about free shoes. This reminded me when I bought the True Blues back in 2016. I received the shoes from Nike. But for some strange reason I received an email saying they refunding me my money. I never contacted Nike about returning them. So I called them back saying I received them and to charge me again because they refunded me. I was expecting another charge and it never happened. So I kept the free shoes. I did my part. 2 weeks later my water heater went out and needed to get it fixed. It costed me the same as I paid for the shoes. 😂 #Karma.

Talking about free shoes. This reminded me when I bought the True Blues back in 2016. I received the shoes from Nike. But for some strange reason I received an email saying they refunding me my money. I never contacted Nike about returning them. So I called them back saying I received them and to charge me again because they refunded me. I was expecting another charge and it never happened. So I kept the free shoes. I did my part. 2 weeks later my water heater went out and needed to get it fixed. It costed me the same as I paid for the shoes. 😂 #Karma.

Not karma... if they had charged you you would have been taking cold showers until you sold em.

It's definitely harmless and no big deal but...I think it would probably go a long way if you stopped all the melodrama in the threads of shoes you don't even want anyway.

Which includes every Jordan release.
I’m not going to put up a fight.

I deserve it.

Even though I suspect that some of you secretly get a kick out of it.

…having a village idiot.

You’re all Lieutenant Dan and I’m Forrest Gump.

7501A279-CC47-4C78-B430-0A278D23EAD1.gif

Had those black Pips back in the 8th grade... parents werent buying me Js. Anyway will def buy em again if/when they retro.

I couldn't even get the Pro Quicks...didn't have those either. Such a sad time for 12yr old me.

But yes - I do not own anything but Jordan Retros in my entire collection (outside of Metcons and Air Maxes for working out). No Yeezys, Kobes, LeBrons...nothing. I would make the exception for Pippen 2s.

Pippen 2s Penny 3s Team and Quicks,
whole lotta heat right here.
Those JB launch socks were the first fancy socks i ever owned, had both black and white to go along with the HGGs.

Sad we wont get a KG retro. Id skipped the Pips for those :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom