Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

I do not see prices ever coming down on this shoe. This is a true collector's piece and we might not see it release again. Maybe in another 15 or 20 years if we are lucky. I paid for them on Goat on Friday but l gotta deal with the around over there bc the seller probably won't ship since the price went up $100 over the weekend. If it cancels, I will probably just pay the higher price on ebay and be done with goat.

I do not see prices ever coming down on this shoe. This is a true collector's piece and we might not see it release again. Maybe in another 15 or 20 years if we are lucky. I paid for them on Goat on Friday but l gotta deal with the around over there bc the seller probably won't ship since the price went up $100 over the weekend. If it cancels, I will probably just pay the higher price on ebay and be done with goat.
Yea, same thing happened to me. Seller has 24hrs to confirm the transaction. My dude waited LITERALLY 5 mins before the 24hr clock ran out to approve the sale smh...

Can't wait too eventually get these in hand and put straight to feet. Looks like it might be a couple weeks though. Tempted to pay over a stack and double up on them...

Last edited:
Found a desperate reseller.
IMG_5199.jpeg

I had those black 17s! They were my go-to work shoes for many many years. Super comfy and even with the bright *** chrome on the back, for the most part it worked as a low key office shoe without calling too much attention to them.

knew i had these lying around somewhere
IMG_2516.jpeg

also if you were around at the time these were slept on. i don’t even know if anyone even mentioning these now

IMG_2519.jpeg

and here’s a bonus if you like yellow. had to check the tag and see the year. 2001. what a time

IMG_2517.jpeg

if you got yourself the 2024 lightning’s you got a shoe that’s dear to many from the time. good times too. had to walk into training camp day of. great memories.

and you know we had the box too
image.jpg

Let’s be real, how many of y’all woulda pre-ordered the 17s at $300? In today’s market, unless limited, or a collab, we avoid paying retail, and wait for stuff to hit discount, and in a good majority of cases, it works in our favor…. Pre-order wouldn’t work well today, imo.

Pretty much.
Jordan Brand knows this too. If they made these in let's say #'s similar to a AJ1, these would have had hit outlets & we would have been able to get them on sale.

So, they made them in fewer #'s to capture the few of us who actually want them, but the problem is we won't ever get them due to availability & resellers knowing its limited so they can sell them. :ohwell:

It's the best decision for these retros above 14 unfortunately.
The 81 Point Kobe ZK1 was one of the most wanted releases. Nike made a ton of them, they hit outlets for $80. Good for us, not good for them.
Kobe is dead & now everyone is his biggest fan & but didn't care when Kobe's were readily available. :smh:

I'm hoping to catch these sometime later through trades, because no way i'm paying resell.

PO

Let’s be real, how many of y’all woulda pre-ordered the 17s at $300? In today’s market, unless limited, or a collab, we avoid paying retail, and wait for stuff to hit discount, and in a good majority of cases, it works in our favor…. Pre-order wouldn’t work well today, imo.
As somebody who either pays retail or resell and doesn’t have the patience to wait for discounts, I’d pre-order 17s for the $300 retail price in a heartbeat.

We aren't talking about making AJ1 numbers of these, we're talking about making more than the very few they obviously made. Again, matching supply and demand to maximize sales and minimize discounts at the same time. Other areas of collectibles have been doing this for years and years, and there was even a time when you could legit pre-order Jordans at retail price from some shops, but Nike told them to stop (1st Gentry era). Does the process need to be well thought out before it's rolled out? Absolutely. Another great feature though would be you could really help the mom & pops again with this system.

You wouldn't have an unlimited pre-order window, but you would produce a few extra pairs for things like returns and some hype sales from those who missed the initial window. And yes, they will probably charge a premium for the pre-order, but who out of us long time Jordan lovers hasn't had enough of the games and hoops to jump through just to buy shoes, especially the ones you want most? A fee to sleep in on a Saturday and not spend an hour refreshing my phone or standing in line just to get an L? I'm not happy about it, but it's the better option.

In this age of analytics it’s amazing they can’t do a better job of matching demand. Especially with a pair like this that hasn’t been made in so long and isn’t as subject to fashion trends. This new concept that shoes get discounted as soon as they don’t sell out the first week is silly and only happens now cuz they produce soooooo many SKUs. It wouldn’t be an L for Nike for these to sit on shelves at retail for a few months if they didn’t feel the need to pump out 5 different limited sneakers every week.

Back
Top Bottom