Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

No flu games next year, metallic 5s are reimagined, lightnings impossible to cop at the absurd retail price. I'm a little shaken up rn.
It’s all good fam.

IMG_4431.png

this rollout has been weird so far

but in comparison, not much was discussed about the blk balvins and those future dunks until raffle popped out of nowhere this week

I think they will follow suit. Most of us wont touch unless we go the aftermarket route.

Retail or moving on.

Even though these like many of us eluded me back in the day bc of msrp

But what happens after all the youtube videos are made and the instagram posts go up? Those people won’t actually beat these down. Hold the line

Limited release was expected I guess. These didn’t drop in Canada the first time around, so I had to call Scheel’s in Grand Forks and they shipped them out to me. Didn’t realize I’d get hit with $100 in duty and brokerage fees from UPS, so it was basically like paying resale.

But yeah, these also did sit the first time around. I think I got my pair about 2-3 weeks after they dropped.

Again, they’re not that great. The ankle sleeve is kind of pointless because it’s not snug (the ACG Mowabb neoprene sleeve operated like these should have). Unless you have cankles of course.

I'm going to disagree.

The brand has never traditionally made retro Jordans above the 16 a GR because of how expensive it is to produce. I've been monitoring social media on my end for some months now and people are looking forward to this release and have openly stated they would be willing to drop whatever price for the pair. First time it's come back. Crazy, but I expect these to sell out.
I paid a pretty penny for my pair. They out for delivery today. Now I just gotta sneak these past my wife.

Be interesting to see if they do this with other XVIIs. What was the first release to get backdoored so much where it effected the market completely (prices skyrocketed and no one could get a pair)? Ginger 🫚 XIV Lows? More and more pairs getting loaded everyday on stockx and goat. Average sale price $544. But only about sixteen sold. I might be out on this one because of price and tumbled leather and try to appreciate my SoleFly reverses more.

As somebody who regularly does this with his wife too, it’s not hard. Request to pick it up from FedEx/UPS, go after work, keep it in the car when you get home, wait until she falls asleep, sneak out to the car to grab it, throw it in with the others when you get inside. Easy.

Back
Top Bottom