Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

So basically, another smokescreen for a price increase. As we have seen with Jordan Retro's, starting with something like the air bag for instance, the zoom units in the forefoot are going to be regular air bags. Just like several other Jordan Retro's that had zoom or like the 15's that had nothing in the forefoot. But the description claimed they did. Be interested to see if they have the spring plate or just a plastic piece in place, and what kind of foam is in the midsole. Jordan Brand really needs to stop the nonsense.
At least you get a suitcase…. IF you can get a pair.

So basically, another smokescreen for a price increase. As we have seen with Jordan Retro's, starting with something like the air bag for instance, the zoom units in the forefoot are going to be regular air bags. Just like several other Jordan Retro's that had zoom or like the 15's that had nothing in the forefoot. But the description claimed they did. Be interested to see if they have the spring plate or just a plastic piece in place, and what kind of foam is in the midsole. Jordan Brand really needs to stop the nonsense.
Even if the quality isn’t on par on every material I already shared that in real dollars today it’s a $265 shoe without the case. There’s more manual labor in the construction too, even if it’s cheap materials so I think they’re more expensive to manufacture than other retros. But yes, entirely possible the margin is higher today on materials. Not sure shipping costs being higher today in real dollars than 20 years ago don’t offset that though, especially on a relatively small run. I think that’s part of the reason so few places are getting them.

From what I’ve seen so far in videos they look like pretty solid construction and materials.

These joints are beautiful man....

Did the outer box really list "LIGHTENING" as the colorway?! :lol: Yup, we are back to the early 2000's with this...!

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 11.08.04 PM.png

Yeah… I’m only putting in on 1 raffle that automatically charges you🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edit… I guess Feature it is… can’t cancel it after you enter🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

Edit again… guess I’ll do 2… doubt it but wouldn’t mind a double

Last edited:
Yeah… I’m only putting in on 1 raffle that automatically charges you🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edit… I guess Feature it is… can’t cancel it after you enter🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

Edit again… guess I’ll do 2… doubt it but wouldn’t mind a double
Entering every raffle I can, auto charge or nah. Doubt I hit one with the numbers in seeing, but if I do end up getting auto charged for 3 pair, I'll hook up the NT fam

I also entered 3:
- Social Status
- APB
- Feature

Plus im going to try in-store at Extra Butter the morning of release. The rep on the phone said they got a decent number of pairs, and didn’t believe there was to much hype surrounding the shoe. Fcfs, so we’ll see how this shenanigans pens out. .

With the posts circulating the internets on potential numbers, there’s definitely gonna be hype surrounding these…. But I’m crossing fingers that retail price will kinda curb that a bit.

I’ve entered 3 so far. If I hit multiple, I’m sure I can find someone to hook up for cost + ship.
:rofl:
Don’t worry chances are slim to none that you hit whatever .
I expect them to have like one pair per size to raffle once they "assist" all the friends and family.
Nike and JB really tried hard this time to make resellers happy especially those who are friends and family (see above).
Extremely disappointed with this release, 17 are in my top three and they made it nearly impossible to get for retail.
And no snkrs release was a nail to a coffin :smh:

Am I tripping or did the release get pushed back to next Saturday, 5/30? Coulda sworn it was supposed to be this Saturday, 5/25.

Back
Top Bottom