Junior seau involved in shooting

He was just at the USC spring game too.

487742.JPG

487743.JPG
http://

USC Athletics on WhoSay

The NFL and the growing concussion case against it is going to REALLY get hot soon. 

Shot to the chest, same as Dave Duerson, to preserve the brain for study. 

This is !*@@$# up man. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

The NFL and the growing concussion case against it is going to REALLY get hot soon. 

This is !*@@$# up man. 
tired.gif
I definitely agree. To an extent, it's only going to get worse. More players will start thinking, damn, all this trauma I've been getting over the years, it's too much.

I'm not saying that a lot of them don't experience this, but now that it's becoming more prevalent, it's only going to exponentiate what's going on in their heads.

This might be the case that just pushes it over the edge and we get a full-blown investigation and maybe rule-changes.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

surprised espn hasn't picked it up yet, most of the SD news outlets have confirmed the report
ESPN picked it up exactly at 2pm. Man, it's amazing how fast the news on the internet circulates before it hits tv.
I really thought somebody was playing a bad tasteless joke when the story first came out
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

This is !*@@$# up man. 
tired.gif
I definitely agree. To an extent, it's only going to get worse. More players will start thinking, damn, all this trauma I've been getting over the years, it's too much.

I'm not saying that a lot of them don't experience this, but now that it's becoming more prevalent, it's only going to exponentiate what's going on in their heads.

This might be the case that just pushes it over the edge and we get a full-blown investigation and maybe rule-changes.

Not just about rule changes, this is what can take down the NFL for good someday.  Seriously. 

Not saying this year, or next or anything, but as this type stuff adds up, there will come a day the NFL could get closed down as we know it.  Sounds crazy, I know, but think ahead.......

This is !*@@$# up man. 
tired.gif

Not just about rule changes, this is what can take down the NFL for good someday.  Seriously. 

Not saying this year, or next or anything, but as this type stuff adds up, there will come a day the NFL could get closed down as we know it.  Sounds crazy, I know, but think ahead.......
Or maybe just get rid of helmets. I wonder what the data is regarding rugby players and concussions and their lives after the game.

NFL won't be shut down but ... but they have to do something about making helmets safer and cutting out the head hunting ... you really can't do much more ... it's a violent sport

Im almost in tears at my desk at work. Wiley is just talking. Just going off. sad. very sad

Only way you can make the head hunting "safer" is to just ditch helmets period.

^ Not that crazy honestly...that's why Goodell has been ruling with an iron fist. He's PROTECTING the NFL.
Not for just today, but 10 years from now when retired players are suing the NFL for permanent head injuries.

NFL contracts might come with waivers one day.

This is !*@@$# up man. 
tired.gif

Maybe completely reinvent pads/helmets. I don't think the NFL will ever completely go away.

the more and more players hold out for money ... the less upset i get ...

this +%#$ is no joke ... football related or not ... these dudes have short life spans

props to barry for just walking away too ... high quality of life after football >

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Or maybe just get rid of helmets. I wonder what the data is regarding rugby players and concussions and their lives after the game.
Interesting point, but the games are "different" aren't they?  Imagine being on the goalline, 20 something guys with no helmets diving into a pile?  I don't know Rugby inside and out, but it's more of an open field type environment, yes?  Still physical, lot of contact of course, but 2 lines 8 inches away, lined up 80 plays a game?  Make the game 7 on 7 with no lines?  

You guys may not believe it, but NFL as we know it, is going to get tossed at some point.  The more cases like this come up, the more they going to get pointed at.  They can be brought down.  Maybe it takes a decade, or 15 years, whatever, but it CAN happen. 

Back
Top Bottom