Junior seau involved in shooting

The fact that it was a dude who was normally one of the more kind and loving men in the NFL makes this even more sad...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Not that I don't sympathize with some of your points but no way any of that will happen............no way.

Got your head in the sand man.  Look around, it's already happening.  The case against the NFL grows daily, but it's going to be a LOOOOOONG process.  About a billion trees worth of paperwork/lawyer crap to sift through.  But you're blind if you think the NFL gon be just the same in 2035 as it is today. 

NFL is powerful, and rich, and certainly lawyered up, but it can't survive spending millions and millions and millions in court, AND insuring/protecting players as well.  Everything is about to change, soon.  And you have already seen just the start of it.  In a couple years we may see QB's in red jersey's in GAMES.  They might take away Kickoffs.  You can't stand over the center on PAT's/or Punts now.  Look around dude, it's coming. 

I never said the NFL would stay the same be it either today or even in 2035.  The NFL isn't even the same from 2 years ago.  However, make no mistake about it, the NFL is currently America's game, it replaced baseball awhile ago and for good reason.  The removal of the NFL as you suggested would change the entire landscape of sports from a professional standpoint all the way down to the high school level and below, that ain't happening.. 

As stated before, there is too much money that is made from football, and there are too many players even in this day and age that are more than willing to sign up for the job.  Simple supply and demand champ, and you sir will be the first person lined up in front of the TV to watch any and ever football game that you can.  Well except for a Miami Dolphins game perhaps, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to watch them play. 

Not just about rule changes, this is what can take down the NFL for good someday.  Seriously.  

Like I said earlier, not a chance.  Prisoner of the moment.  

I always liked Seau, he was my younger brother's favorite player while he was growing up. Sad news to hear, R.I.P

Originally Posted by CP1708

Not that I don't sympathize with some of your points but no way any of that will happen............no way.

Got your head in the sand man.  Look around, it's already happening.  The case against the NFL grows daily, but it's going to be a LOOOOOONG process.  About a billion trees worth of paperwork/lawyer crap to sift through.  But you're blind if you think the NFL gon be just the same in 2035 as it is today. 

NFL is powerful, and rich, and certainly lawyered up, but it can't survive spending millions and millions and millions in court, AND insuring/protecting players as well.  Everything is about to change, soon.  And you have already seen just the start of it.  In a couple years we may see QB's in red jersey's in GAMES.  They might take away Kickoffs.  You can't stand over the center on PAT's/or Punts now.  Look around dude, it's coming. 

I never said the NFL would stay the same be it either today or even in 2035.  The NFL isn't even the same from 2 years ago.  However, make no mistake about it, the NFL is currently America's game, it replaced baseball awhile ago and for good reason.  The removal of the NFL as you suggested would change the entire landscape of sports from a professional standpoint all the way down to the high school level and below, that ain't happening.. 

As stated before, there is too much money that is made from football, and there are too many players even in this day and age that are more than willing to sign up for the job.  Simple supply and demand champ, and you sir will be the first person lined up in front of the TV to watch any and ever football game that you can.  Well except for a Miami Dolphins game perhaps, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to watch them play. 

Not just about rule changes, this is what can take down the NFL for good someday.  Seriously.  

Like I said earlier, not a chance.  Prisoner of the moment.  

See, you ain't getting it.  You think the NFL with no helmets, 7 on 7, shorts and pads still makes billions, and is America's game in 20 years? 

People are already getting upset with the rules, the "softness" of the league, etc.  Now watch it amp up.  That's what I am getting at.  You are naive to think the NFL will never come down.  It is absolutely a monster, but it can and will be taken down, IF something is proved by these cases, the NFL will come down someday.  Maybe 20 years, maybe less, maybe more.  It will happen tho. 

His mother brought the tears out. People at my work looking at me like I am crazy. that was sad. Just the transition of her yelling at God but then saying "Why did you not tell me anything".

tough, just tough. this is not a good day for the NFL. everyone can say business, the game is bigger, blah blah blah. The League is in for a rude awakening. And those saying lets hold judgement, you don't go out with a chest wound committing suicide. usually it is a head shot. I think the writing is on the wall.

First, RIP Junior.
Secondly, to CP's point:
www.nflconcussionlitigation.com

The website tracks the status of retired player litigation against the NFL. There are 59 different lawsuits filed against the league right now, involving more than 1,000 plaintiffs. Apparently, it will be at least three years before any go to trial. Charles Robinson, of Yahoo Sports,  also tweeted two weeks ago, that a "High ranking legal source w/strong ties 2 NFL owners says concussion litigation has grown into biggest financial threat in league history."

There will be fundamental changes to the NFL-- Seau's apparent suicide has no doubt expedited that process.

Originally Posted by True Blues

First, RIP Junior.
Secondly, to CP's point:
www.nflconcussionlegislation.com

The website tracks the status of retired player litigation against the NFL. There are 59 different lawsuits filed against the league right now, involving more than 1,000 plaintiffs. Apparently, it will be at least three years before any go to trial. Charles Robinson, of Yahoo Sports,  also tweeted two weeks ago, that a "High ranking legal source w/strong ties 2 NFL owners says concussion litigation has grown into biggest financial threat in league history."

There will be fundamental changes to the NFL-- Seau's apparent suicide has no doubt expedited that process.

Oh, hey. 

nerd.gif

I always wondered if the nfl would end due to it being too dangerous in the future. The thought of it depresses me.

At the same time these guys are agreeing to play and are very aware of what could happen to their bodies. And they're gonna continue to agree to keep on playing which makes me think it would never happen.

They really need to come up with some ground breaking helmet technology that stops the concussions.

Originally Posted by True Blues

First, RIP Junior.
Secondly, to CP's point:
www.nflconcussionlegislation.com

The NFL as we knew it (because this new NFL in the past few years certainly isn't 90's football) is GONE. Anyone who can't see that the league will be making some hardcore changes in the next 5-10 years is blind. If the scientific data does come out and these lawsuits hit them hard no parent with kids growing up now is going to want to let their little athlete play football.

What's chilling is that Junior is the 8th player for the '94 Superbowl Chargers team to have died.

RIP Junior. You were a fun player to watch. You gave everything you had to the game & then some. Thanks. Hope you find peace.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

tired.gif
@ listening to Junior Seau's mother, had me on the verge of tears.

Tears were shed, so sad man. Just the fact his mom was rambling on not knowing where her talk was going, but you can see every few moments she realized her son was gone. One of the sadder things i've seen on ESPN by far...RIP Junior the great...
Man, that killed me to see dudes mom like that, that hurt me...RIP

I am sorry to bring this up in here, this is about Junior.  If someone wants to make a spinoff thread, let's do that and leave this thread for Junior thoughts/memories/prayers.  I apologize for derailing and ranting. 
tired.gif

RIP 55. 

Slate: What do you think is the single most compelling reason to abolish college football? Corruption? Head injury? Lost focus on academics?

Malcolm Gladwell: The factor that I think will be decisive is the head-injury issue. Colleges are going to get sued, and they will have to decide whether they can afford their legal exposure. That said, the issue ought to be how big-time college sports subverts the academic mission of university education. 

They really need to come up with some ground breaking helmet technology that stops the concussions.

It isn't just concussions. It's not only the big hits that used to be on Jacked Up segments. CTE is also caused by small hits to the head that happen tens of thousands of times. The type that happen on every single play. Offensive and defensive linemen for example, their helmets collide on every play. Nothing big that would cause a concussion but small hits. When you add up all those routine hits from every game and practice throughout high school, college, and 8-10 years in the NFL or even longer, that's what leads to brain trauma. The type of hits that are inherent to the sport. CP is right. The sport of football has a very uncertain future ahead of it.

^ I favorites that article on Twitter the other day and forgot to read it, nice reminder bijald.

RIP Seau.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom