Just curious why teamtaliban got banned and thread closed...

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME
I agree with you wholeheartedly. But then again, I am only talking about those who only see one side of the picture but yet overlook the otherfacts. As I stated, never have I approved of the Taliban and agree with you about them. I was just trying to point out how some tend to be so quick to pointout terrorism and terrorists, yet they overlook the biggest atrocities committed by their own governments who also create and help terrorist groups attainpower to get where they did.

But then again, one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

The Taliban (and the al-Qaeda ideology as a whole) won't ever be destroyed, and the U.S will be going back home defeated just like the Soviets, and theMongols far before them. We are 8 years in and the violence is WORSE than it was in 2001. Put in as many NATO troops and elect all the puppet governments youwant.

Quote me on it in 5,10,20 years.

^why do you still post
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by r0yalty

Originally Posted by copped

A friend of mine linked me to the thread and I found it interesting that people thought Taliban were 'bad' people or however you look at it...don't get me wrong I wasn't surprised by the ignorance, this is of course NT and you can't expect everyone on here to be educated about every part of the world..

I already know posting this will gauge some more ignorance, but I am posting anyways...thinking that teamtaliban is a negative thing is wrong...I know what the media feeds us and how it is twisted and reported. But if you have no first hand knowledge, or don't know anyone who does, then please do not accept what everyone tells you. Generalizing whole groups because what CNN or president obama tell you won't get you too far.

I am from Kandahar, Afghanistan, where most of the 'real' taliban are from. I've been back and trust me what the US media reports to you and what really happens are two opposites...let me entertain you with 1 story.

Walking in the market place, my brother in law who was also visiting saw a Canadian envoy drop some package decorated like a present (people may thought it was food or whatever) and when it was dropped many kids and elders ran to the package to see what it was...as the envoy drove off it detonated about 4 minutes later...In the news it was reported as a taliban suicide attack. realize that everything the West knows about the taliban is curtailed to political agendas.

This is one story of many, i mean thousands, daily occurrences. I have family members who work with the government as translators and these stories are so common that it no longer phases people over there.

anyways all I am saying is don't believe what people tell you, don't be ignorant to the world and whole populations, educate yourself and then make the judgement.

Research the treatment about women, research how taliban started, research how taliban outlawed all drug growing and exporting to about 4% from being one of the greatest exporters, research why the soviet invaded Afghanistan, research why Canada and US are there now...realize that AFghanistan has not been explored and exploited yet, for oil, jewels, and many other treasures through imperialism and colonization. open up your mind, this BS you hear about bombing girl schools and this and that is a bunch of horse crap. Last thing, the Taliban started out of distaste for drug lords, who were raping village women and killings their husbands and kids.

excuse the typing and run on sentences...i'll respond to peoples thoughts...and if this gets locked up that would be funny
1zv33om.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the US aided the taliban during the 80's, to defend themselves from the USSR.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Me being a former marine who did 1 tour in Iraq . There weren't too many people running to help out with Taliban whereabouts. In afganistan the Taliban are usually helping against the corrupt politican and policemen.

Al queda started as a CIA operative and grew latlrge enough that they didn't need US backing anymore. Once you cross the US, they'll smear so much propaganda against you , that your own family might turn against you.

Remember this is the Same govt that gave native Americans small pox... Syphillis to black people.... Justified the slave trade . Seperate state and church but has in god we trust Our most valuable asset..

I love America but I'm not in love with it
thats the truth right there...

U.S. foreign policy is full of hypocrisy. Unfortunately the general public relies on information relayed to them by the White House and the news media ratherthan doing research on their own and forming their own opinions.

The U.S. helped the Taliban fight the Soviets but then 20 years later decided the Taliban were a threat to national security. A bunch of dudes living in caveswho've never watched tv, listened to radio or used a computer before are supposedly a security threat to the most powerful nation on earth? Please.

I do not know as much about Afghanistan as I'd like to but I am often skeptical about what is reported by the media over here. I still wonder, why arecountries such as the U.S. and Canada expending so many resources on a fight that appears to be getting worse by the day? How exactly does the U.S. expect to"win" this war? Islamic extremists will continue to grow as long as the U.S. and the West continue to occupy Muslim countries and wreak havoc.

The U.S. also helped Saddam Hussein fight former U.S.-allies Iran in the 1980s but then relations went sour in the early-90s thanks to the Iraqi invasion ofKuwait. Saddam was no longer an international threat after he was defeated in the Gulf War. Yet in 2003 the U.S. government drew up a plan to falsely accuseSaddam of being a threat to international security and invaded the country under false pretenses. Not only have thousands upon thousands of innocent Iraqislost their lives, but thousands of U.S. troops have lost their lives over a bunch of lies and many more have suffered (families, soldiers coming back withPTSD, etc.). What a waste of tax dollars.

Back
Top Bottom