Just listened to Pearly Gates....What kinda @%+@ was Prodigy on?

I hadn't heard this in a minute but i forgot the
eek.gif
devil.gif
rhymes P was spittin over this
pimp.gif
beat. Dude was ODing on Big Homey and Jesus!

Now homey if I go to hell and you make it to the pearly gates
Tell the boss man we got beef
And tell his only son I'm a see him when I see him
And when I see him, I'm a beat him like the movie
For leavin us out to dry on stariught poverty
For not showin me no signs they watchin over me
Yo! We a new breed in two thousand six
We don't give a @$!% about that religious bull !##$
N_ show me where the cash at
The nice whips with the three car garage to fit them !##$
Man my life is painful, pray to angels
I'm prayin to myself hopin I ain't got to spank you
My bullets shank you, and when my guns start cuttin, ain't nobody 'gon save you
In the bible times, they ain't had to deal with the !##$
We dealin within, these survival times

Saying !##$ like this is probably why dude be going through so much from the sickle cell, Going to jail,being signed to G unit,the bad record sells, and evendudes diminishing rap skills (Say what you want about Return of the Mac, anybody coulda made a good cd off those alchemist beats). I'm not tryna preach butdude better get right, I mean life can't get too much worse but still.....

the beat was
eek.gif
eek.gif

dude was buggin on this verse tho. he talked about it in XXL a while back. son seems salty about a lotta stuff.

That`s the beauty of music , you can say what you feel ...

Your pain is different than his and obviously so are your religious beliefs .

Being signed to G-unit ? Are you kidding me.

You think he got sickle cell and a gun charge cuz he thinks like this ? haha come on b .

when they meet each other, my dude G-O-D will stab his brain with his nosebone

(Say what you want about Return of the Mac, anybody coulda made a good cd off those alchemist beats)
I'd beg to differ.

They compliment each other toooo well.

I remember when I first heard this I was shocked. But everybody has their opinion about religion.

from a hiphopgame interview

On "My World Is Empty without You", you say you made that as a response to what you said about Jesus on"Pearly Gates". Do you regret anything about "Pearly Gates" today?

Nah. I don't never regret nothing about my lyrics. Everything that I do is well-planned and thought-out. That was a response to the fans who probablydidn't understand what "Pearly Gates" was about.

You got a lot of fans mad over your controversial verse on "PearlyGates". Did fans misinterpret your verse?

They probably did because I didn't explain myself at all on that song. I just said something shocking and grabbed theattention and made you ask me later on, 'What the hell are you talking about, P?' I did that on purpose. I purposely didn't explain myself on that song.

For those who never heard your explanation, can you briefly explain the verse?

Basically, the reason I did that was to grab the attention. I said something shocking to make you be like, 'Yo, what the hell is he talkingabout' and to make you listen closely to my lines. That's what that was about. I said something shocking about religion basically because I don'tbelieve in religion, No. 1. I don't believe in religion because to me, religion was forced on us when we was brought overhere as slaves. They used religion to control us. There was no such thing as religion back in Africa before they took us over here. We had our own connectionwith the universe and with the Creator. We didn't have books and *@#%. There was no such thing as a Bible or a Koran back then.

No. 1. I don't believe in religion because to me, religion was forced on us when we was brought over here as slaves. They used religion to control us. There was no such thing as religion back in Africa before they took us over here. We had our own connection with the universe and with the Creator. We didn't have books and *@#%. There was no such thing as a Bible or a Koran back then
thats some real +@@@ right there...

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

(Say what you want about Return of the Mac, anybody coulda made a good cd off those alchemist beats)
I'd beg to differ.

They compliment each other toooo well.

i second that...ive heard a couple people say this album was hot just cuz of alchemist...i disagree

ROTM was amazing because of alchemist and P. the chemistry they have is just amazing.

Saying !##$ like this is probably why dude be going through so much from the sickle cell
The true feelings of the followers of organized religion at its finest.
wink.gif
You got to love it.

Basically, the reason I did that was to grab the attention. I said something shocking to make you be like, 'Yo, what the hell is he talking about' and to make you listen closely to my lines. That's what that was about. I said something shocking about religion basically because I don't believe in religion, No. 1. I don't believe in religion because to me, religion was forced on us when we was brought over here as slaves. They used religion to control us. There was no such thing as religion back in Africa before they took us over here. We had our own connection with the universe and with the Creator. We didn't have books and *@#%. There was no such thing as a Bible or a Koran back then.

I'm pretty sure there was Christianity in Ethiopia. Not to sure about Western Africa where most slaves come from though.

dudes rappin like he just came down off a pcp trip, talkin that demonic !#+%........prodigy stay away from the water fam...stick to thr green.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Basically, the reason I did that was to grab the attention. I said something shocking to make you be like, 'Yo, what the hell is he talking about' and to make you listen closely to my lines. That's what that was about. I said something shocking about religion basically because I don't believe in religion, No. 1. I don't believe in religion because to me, religion was forced on us when we was brought over here as slaves. They used religion to control us. There was no such thing as religion back in Africa before they took us over here. We had our own connection with the universe and with the Creator. We didn't have books and *@#%. There was no such thing as a Bible or a Koran back then.
I'm pretty sure there was Christianity in Ethiopia. Not to sure about Western Africa where most slaves come from though.

There wasn't

Im Nigerian. My grandparents told me before the white people came, people wernt christian. They had muslims and people doing voodoo n ##%$.

^ yea im learning in my Blues & Jazz history class that Africans did voodoo and each "tribe" had their own Gods and they basically justworshipped the Earth and whatnot

there was that is were the Arc of the Covenant is supposed to be, which it was brought there by King Solomon after his empire was sacked. This dumb @*$+doesnt know what he is talking about because I'm pretty sure christianity existed in Africa too seeing as it was in Ethiopia.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

there was that is were the Arc of the Covenant is supposed to be, which it was brought there by King Solomon after his empire was sacked. This dumb @*$+ doesnt know what he is talking about because I'm pretty sure christianity existed in Africa too seeing as it was in Ethiopia.

No sir... Christianity was brought to the rest of the world thru European Exploration / terrorism... I can Guarantee that with a capital G. P is so righton this.. Its logically impossible for christianity to have existed in Africa... you think they worshipped a White Jesus who didnt even speak the same languageas them?
wink.gif

he's still an idiot... why even rap about religion if u dont believe in it?

^ Its art son, you reflect whats on your mind onto the wax/canvas/ whatever your outlet is.

Back
Top Bottom