Justice League vs Avengers vol. pretty sure this has been debated before

i prefer justice league but theyre way too overpowered honestly

i mean, how many people on avengers could put up a good fight against green lantern?

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Ok oK Fine
How about this then

The avengers 50 state initative

Avengers_The_Initiative_Vol_1_1_Textless_Joined.jpg

Vs the Jla

Remember there are over 50+ active teams of Avengers with 7 or more people in each squad. All military trained and ready at a moments notice. 
lol wut....you do know most of them are dead now right?  And many more are evil or untrained.  I own every issue of the "Initiative" story arc bruh, the Flash would wipe the floor with almost all of them
oh yeah

after-the-crisis-20060209113006533.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by solarius49

and Superman would lose....HORRIBLY to Thor.  
2rxk5l0.jpg

2aih5q0.jpg

2804isi.jpg
laugh.gif
 Supes got jumped the moment he touched Thor. The avengers don't play around when it comes to their squad.
We've discussed how I loathe Superman before FX, but you've put me on to some good stuff to read up on with Supes. I'm sort of warming up to the dude. I don't hate him as much as I used to now.

completely unrelated but this was a dope issue of Wizard Magazine
Fake battle, but I can see it going this way. Superman/Goku/Hulk would all end in a tie imo. Hulk's never ending rage, Supes undying will + power, and Goku's dominance over everything in the universe are all pretty much 2nd to none. Man oh man would I love to see these three throw down though. 

Originally Posted by potus2028

Goku would work the $**% out of Superman, then restyle his hair just for trolling. DBZ characters are just ludicrously unbalanced to the rest of superherodom. Krillin would prolly murk half these dudes we're discussing.

Goku would give Supes a very good run for his money, but both Goku nor superman would ever kill each other. If anything, they would battle it out only to find that they are evenly matched and then become companions. Which would be bad for any villain to even step foot on the earth. 

If we're talking Silver age Supes then obviously we would have to talk Super Saiyan 3-4 Goku. But even still, Goku has the power to destroy planets so the strength level there is pretty much matched together. 

For the most part they are just as fast, strong, and outside of Supermans overall intelligence, Goku's combat intelligence is 2nd to none. So it would prove for a great fight. 

Normal Goku and Normal superman would go toe to toe, but once SSJ+ comes in to play you have to up Superman's strength. 

Krillin would get destroyed though. No doubt about it. Krillin could probably take out the Flash but thats about it. 

The only thing with DBZ is that we don't know what the true limit of Goku's power is. His strength is always growing after every battle. He has no real cap on what he can or cannot do. He learned to teleport instantly from an alien race, kaioken from King Kai, and the Kamehameha from Roshi. Goku can pretty much learn how to do anything. Plus given the fact that he has senzu beans, he never will slow down really if he comes prepared. 

Its such a complicated battle that it wouldn't truly make sense because both sides have unfair advantages over the other once you sit down and look at all of hte specifics from both Supes and Goku. 

Ok oK Fine
How about this then

Vs the Jla

Remember there are over 50+ active teams of Avengers with 7 or more people in each squad. All military trained and ready at a moments notice. 
lol wut....you do know most of them are dead now right?  And many more are evil or untrained.  I own every issue of the "Initiative" story arc bruh, the Flash would wipe the floor with almost all of them
oh yeah

Most of them are NOT dead. Outside of a few here and there people everyone is mostly alive. The Flash is a character within himself breaks too many rules. God level people would deal with him but them again he is the wild card. 
ohwell.gif

Ok oK Fine
How about this then

Vs the Jla

oh yeah

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JLA > Avengers easy. 

5 Green Lanterns, The Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Red Tornado, Firestorm, Captain Atom, Cyborg, Supergirl, Powergirl, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Zatanna

and the rest of the JLA would run through the Avengers easy. Not to mention that what you are referring to is not the Avengers initiative, its the 50 States initiative

Originally Posted by PRIME

We've discussed how I loathe Superman before FX, but you've put me on to some good stuff to read up on with Supes. I'm sort of warming up to the dude. I don't hate him as much as I used to now.

Good to hear but don't look now, I'm going to give JL the upper hand with...
Superman Prime

9lbjg1.jpg

Superman Prime is the second most powerful being that has ever existed in the DC multiverse only surpassed by The Presence. He has acquired countless powers and abilities from his travels and lineage that allow him to do almost anything he wishes, which range from teleportation to the manipulation of magic and warping reality. He can manipulate time, space, matter, and bend reality on almost any scale he wishes.

Creation - Superman Prime is able to create lifeforms out of nothing.

Resurrection - Superman Prime can resurrect the dead.

Omniscience - Superman Prime has possibly learned everything in his time in the sun.

Omnipotence - Superman prime has near limitless abilties as far as we can see.

Omnipresent - Superman Prime can be any where at any time.

All Kryptonian powers under a Yellow Sun. All of his Kryptonian powers are enhanced.

Godlike Super strength - His strength is limitless, he is capable of lifting his own multi-verse.

Godlike Super speed - His speed is incomprehensible to even the abstract beings.

Godlike Super Senses

Godlike Xray vision - He can see through any solid object, with no exceptions.

Godlike Heat vision - A million times hotter than the center of the sun.

Godlike Super Stamina/Endurance - Capable of surviving the end of the Multiverse.

Godlike Invulnerability - Capable of surviving the end of the Multiverse.

Godlike Super Hearing - Cosmic Awareness.

Immortality - Superman Prime, will live until the end of Reality.

*joins the nerd thread*

Y'all crazy... Batman <<<<<<……

His greatest strength is his check book..

Superman and Thor >>> cuz they'll #bawse up at the drop of a hat.

No prep time, no belts, no suits..

denzel_intro.jpg
  I remembered him under the name "sundipped Superman" so i couldnt find anything on him...but nobody wants those problems

denzel_intro.jpg
  I remembered him under the name "sundipped Superman" so i couldnt find anything on him...but nobody wants those problems

I mean seriously, just look up Justice League One Million (or JL Alpha) and the Avengers won't even stand a chance. 
Each member is so powerful that they are each assigned a planet to protect.

roll.gif

• Superman: The latest in the Superman dynasty that stretches from modern times to the 853rd century. One of the intervening Supermen married a queen from the 5th dimension, granting the proceeding Supermen 10 all-new senses. Also, the now god-like original Superman lives in the heart of our sun and through his immense will, grants even greater powers to his descendants, so long as they continue to protect Earth. Superman operates from Earth. His real name may be Kal Kent (All-Star Superman).
  • Wonder Woman: A marble statue granted life by the Goddess of Truth. She has similar powers to the original and also carries two shape changing weapons similar in nature to Diana's invisible jet, which typically act as her sentient bracelets, Charity and Harmony. She operates from Venus.
  • BatmanPluto is now a penal colony. When the current Batman was a child, he lived with his prison-guard parents on Pluto. After a prison break, the prisoners rounded all the guards into a stadium and forced their children to watch as they were gunned down. Remembering the legend of the original Batman, he decided it would take someone of extraordinary will to control the prison and took command himself. He has trained his whole life to become a perfect crimefighter and also has numerous technological enhancements. His sidekick is a robot called Robin, the Toy Wonder.
  • Flash: Originally from the 27th century, the time traveling speedster John Fox had met Wally West, the 20th century Flash, before he wound up in the 853rd century. He operates from Mercury.
  • Aquaman: King of the oceanic planet of Neptune. Unlike the original Aquaman, he has a more fish-like appearance, as well as the psionic ability to control water, whether using water molecules in the air or water in the human body.
  • Hourman: An android with the memories of Rex Tyler, the original Hourman. He has mastery over time and space made possible by a cosmic artifact, the Worlogog. His home planet is not stated in the story, but would presumably beSaturn.
  • Starman: Ferris Knight is a direct descendant of Ted Knight, although his specific family only took up the Starman legacy starting with his great-grandfather. He monitors the artificial sun Solaris and lives in a space station that exists where Uranus once was.
  • Resurrection Man: Mitch Shelley, still unable to die, has become the team's tactician, replacing the Martian Manhunter (who has now become one with the planet Mars). He now has a device on his arm that "kills" him in a controlled manner, letting him die for a second and choose which powers he acquires, though flight, invulnerability and super strength are among his base abilities.
  • The Atom: The Atom of the 853rd century is a scientist who was the only survivor of a universe that was suddenly consumed by this one. Instead of simply shrinking himself like other Atoms, he has the power to divide his mass into duplicates of himself, spreading the same amount of matter across increasing numbers of ever-smaller Atoms. When they reach atomic scale, the Atoms can arrange themselves into a wide variety of molecular configurations - becoming anything from a lump of gold to a cloud of gas. His home planet is presumably Jupiter.
  • Owlwoman: Little is known about the Owlwoman of the 853rd century save for the fact that she is the offspring of a human father and a Qwardian mother and possesses an advanced flight harness that grants her the ability to travel at the speed of light. She first appeared in the DC One Million 80-Page Giant as the JLA's replacement for the recently deceased Starman. Her costume bears a strong resemblance to that of the vigilante Nite Owl from Watchmen.

Ok oK Fine
How about this then

Vs the Jla

oh yeah

Yup,JL > 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PRIME

Good to hear but don't look now, I'm going to give JL the upper hand with...
Superman Prime

9lbjg1.jpg

Superman Prime is the second most powerful being that has ever existed in the DC multiverse only surpassed by The Presence. He has acquired countless powers and abilities from his travels and lineage that allow him to do almost anything he wishes, which range from teleportation to the manipulation of magic and warping reality. He can manipulate time, space, matter, and bend reality on almost any scale he wishes.

Creation - Superman Prime is able to create lifeforms out of nothing.

Resurrection - Superman Prime can resurrect the dead.

Omniscience - Superman Prime has possibly learned everything in his time in the sun.

Omnipotence - Superman prime has near limitless abilties as far as we can see.

Omnipresent - Superman Prime can be any where at any time.

All Kryptonian powers under a Yellow Sun. All of his Kryptonian powers are enhanced.

Godlike Super strength - His strength is limitless, he is capable of lifting his own multi-verse.

Godlike Super speed - His speed is incomprehensible to even the abstract beings.

Godlike Super Senses

Godlike Xray vision - He can see through any solid object, with no exceptions.

Godlike Heat vision - A million times hotter than the center of the sun.

Godlike Super Stamina/Endurance - Capable of surviving the end of the Multiverse.

Godlike Invulnerability - Capable of surviving the end of the Multiverse.

Godlike Super Hearing - Cosmic Awareness.

Immortality - Superman Prime, will live until the end of Reality.

%$+! ain't even fair. I don't even hate dude anymore. I'm just gon' let that boy cook. 
Spoiler [+]
silver_surfer_and_galactus_by_logicfun-d3do5ay.jpg

Spoiler [+]
All I can think of to even compare to that. But in the end, neither one of them roll with the Avengers

lmao Superman Prime just shut this down haha

but in Crisis on Infinite Earths, when he was SuperBOY Prime, and only had the powers of a normal Superboy, he went on a rampage killing 100s of Green Lanterns, and I believe he killed Supergirl.

It depends on the writters. Especially that whole Sentry vs. Supes argument in the other Avengers vs. JL thread. Bringing up silver age Supes just opens the door to make Sentry doing anything.

Dog i own that book, and it is RIDICULOUSLY bad. In the same book, Batman beats a whole team of X-Men, and then has a hard time with Cap. Those Marvel vs DC comics are so horrible
In the end, it doesn't matter because it is an actual event in the comic book so it hold more true than anyone elses argument or reasoning to why one would beat who. To be fair, Supes said he barely beat Thor and by the end Supes couldn't lift Thors hammer anymore since he was only deemed worthy at the time of distress. 
Overall though, magic is Supermans weakness but he has managed to beat it anyways in his books. He turned Shazams lightning on him and turned him back to kid for example. And Thors own weakness is arrogance and he'll likely takes Superman very lightly and lose in the end. 
What kind of argument is "it's an actual event"? If it's badly written it doesn't count imo or better yet what's the point of counting it? Besides just cuz it's an event doesn't mean it's in continuity. I could easily argue those Avengers aren't the main Marvel Universe's Avengers as I could for DC's JL. That page you posted alone just wreaked of terrible dialogue. Not to mention it's not even a one on one fight when you respond to someone saying Supes would lose to Thor.

You should know that every time there's a Marvel/DC crossover book DC head guys @*+!% and moan about Superman and Batman never being defeated and looking bad.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

It depends on the writters. Especially that whole Sentry vs. Supes argument in the other Avengers vs. JL thread. Bringing up silver age Supes just opens the door to make Sentry doing anything.

Dog i own that book, and it is RIDICULOUSLY bad. In the same book, Batman beats a whole team of X-Men, and then has a hard time with Cap. Those Marvel vs DC comics are so horrible
In the end, it doesn't matter because it is an actual event in the comic book so it hold more true than anyone elses argument or reasoning to why one would beat who. To be fair, Supes said he barely beat Thor and by the end Supes couldn't lift Thors hammer anymore since he was only deemed worthy at the time of distress. 
Overall though, magic is Supermans weakness but he has managed to beat it anyways in his books. He turned Shazams lightning on him and turned him back to kid for example. And Thors own weakness is arrogance and he'll likely takes Superman very lightly and lose in the end. 
What kind of argument is "it's an actual event"? If it's badly written it doesn't count imo or better yet what's the point of counting it? Besides just cuz it's an event doesn't mean it's in continuity. I could easily argue those Avengers aren't the main Marvel Universe's Avengers as I could for DC's JL. That page you posted alone just wreaked of terrible dialogue. Not to mention it's not even a one on one fight when you respond to someone saying Supes would lose to Thor.

You should know that every time there's a Marvel/DC crossover book DC head guys @*+!% and moan about Superman and Batman never being defeated and looking bad.

My point is this was actually, badly or not, it is still written and it happened in some unknown part of the multi-verse so it is more evidence than one guy saying "Thor can beat Superman because he has magic." It is solid evidence and in fiction, whether it is biasly written or not, it is still a fact. Kind of like proving someones strength, having a page out of a comic as evidence is better than just someone saying it because they believe the character could. In a  battle between Thor and Superman, continuity or not, amazingly written or not, horrible dilalog and all, I have provided evidence that Supes won. Where is you evidence that Thor could win? That is how discussions are made and with comic books/fiction, this is how we present evidence.
And I gave Thor credit to stay unbiased. Superman clearly said he barely beat Thor and that the hammer was just allowed for use by him at one time. 

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Jesus Christ. You call that powers? .. why don't they just call him GOD.

Because there is already a God in the DC Universe, his name is the Presence and he is the most powerful being in the DC even though they never really showed him but he pretty much gave Spectres power iirc. He is pretty much omni-everything.

I personally think the Avengers would mop the JL...

But Kyle Rayner Green Lantern was a comic book artist with a ring that can create any solid structure he can imagine.

Do the math.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I personally think the Avengers would mop the JL...

But Kyle Rayner Green Lantern was a comic book artist with a ring that can create any solid structure he can imagine.

Do the math.
this, plus the JLA has FIVE Green Lanterns

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Jesus Christ. You call that powers? .. why don't they just call him GOD.

Because there is already a God in the DC Universe, his name is the Presence and he is the most powerful being in the DC even though they never really showed him but he pretty much gave Spectres power iirc. He is pretty much omni-everything.
aahh.. gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom