Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

Mirrors second half is better than first part

Strawberry Bubblegum is so damn cold son. I cut off that **** at the end. That BS was dumb weak

Body Count was weak as hell and shouldn't even be a bonus track

Production is wild on this album. Easily better than Justified in my opinion. I can't stand half the production on that album :x Not sure if I like it more than FSLS but it's close

Blue Ocean Floor puts me in a zone

I feel like people wanting the Neptunes on this record would think Spaceship Coupe, Pusher Love Girl and That Girl were produced by then if they didn't know

An R&B singer isn't going to have any thought provoking lyrics :lol:

I don't get some of you guys sometimes. It's cool if you don't like it but man give some valid points and just cause it's not as good as his last record, doesn't mean it's not good.

By the way I like this album more than FSLS
Joint makes me wanna dance and I can "feel" each song. I can feel it

Listen for enjoyment guys, stop listening to critique and opinionate. Just my 2 cents

An R&B singer isn't going to have any thought provoking lyrics
laugh.gif

I don't get some of you guys sometimes. It's cool if you don't like it but man give some valid points and just cause it's not as good as his last record, doesn't mean it's not good.

Listen for enjoyment guys, stop listening to critique and opinionate. Just my 2 cents
this

Last edited:

Right lol dudes comparing it to Miguel

I didn't know "do you like drugs? Do you like love? Me too" was so thought provoking

I didn't know "do you like drugs? Do you like love? Me too" was so thought provoking

"Do you" is a good song though. A good song that doesnt need some fancy overbearing production with click-clacks all in the background and beat boxing to make it enjoyable. Some of JTs songs are overproduced to me, like Timbo thirsty to show people hes still that dude. Let the vocals shine. Accent them, dont swallow them. And I didnt say he needs to have some earth shattering lyrics, but my man do better. You're justin timberlake. I know you can fart on a record and it will sell, but have some pride and not put out some stupid lyrics like "Oh so thick, now I know why they call it a fattie". Really? This is real life? Dude waited 7 years and has access to any song writers he wants and this is what he puts out? Now he drops the single "Mirrors" and Timbo recycled the "Cry me a river" beat. That's pitiful. All that time and you a recycled beat was used? Hell yes I'm going to view this album under a microscope. JT is one of the biggest artists in the world and has all the time in the world to make an album, dude should come harder. JT uses his production to prop him up and FS/LS had better production so even that aint cutting it. Like I said earlier, this album does not suck. Its a decent album. Like a solid 7/10. In my opinion, he shouldve make a better album though with some new producers and his first 2 albums are better (Justified in my opinion is his best album so far). Him and Usher both regress with each album. Shame really.

Last edited:

Dudes are getting so sensitive over JT. :lol:

Outside of the big radio songs, I've never heard Justified or FSLS, so what am I supposed to be nostalgic about?
I consider this more pop than R&B, so why would I compare it other R&B albums? It's its own thing.
And when did I say it wasn't good? It's mostly the only thing I've listened to in the last week.

But don't act like someone couldn't have a reason to not like the album, or that the people calling it an album of the year candidate aren't maybe overhypin it. I just pointed at the stuff I think people could knock it for. His lyrics are mostly pretty basic and almost :rolleyes-worthy for someone who waited a better part of decade to drop an album. He can sell the corniest lines with how great a singer he is, and there are moments of clarity, but just moments.

But if you seeing red and wanna read everything as black and white, hate and praise, do you. :lol:

GOAT. 5/5. I count 6 #1 singles minimum!

Last edited:
Ah that's your opinion but seems premeditated not to like the album by contradicting statements "if not this than that".

But to each their own, everyone's entitled to their opinion

Last edited:

:lol:

Def not thought provoking but Do You is a good song

Im not looking for my r&b artist to be lyrical if i want cannibus thats who ill listen to

Last edited:
JT didn't use them this time around, so Robin swooped :lol:.

I'm just posting this for fun, so please, lets not get riled up and start up with whos the better white boy comparisons :tongue:

Last edited:
Man I love Robin Thicke but songs like that just don't suit him, he's good in that sexy R&B lane.

Those songs remind of Brian McKnight in his prime doing stuff like that but neither can dance so it comes off terrible.

JT didn't use them this time around, so Robin swooped :lol:.

I'm just posting this for fun, so please, lets not get riled up and start up with whos the better white boy comparisons :tongue:

the powder must have been piled high on set that day, they got TIP dancing like George Jefferson :lol:

The most used word to describe this album probably has been "smooth", and i agree. Put me in the camp that says this is better than Justified & FS/LS. This is a beautifully done album.

the production on tunnel vision is insane. it's begging for a rap verse. waiting for that remix

JT didn't use them this time around, so Robin swooped
laugh.gif

I'm just posting this for fun, so please, lets not get riled up and start up with whos the better white boy comparisons
tongue.gif
Talk about hideous lyrics, and the video is worse. Thank god JT didn't use beats like this for 20/20. Pharrell just boring to me these days. His harder beats are so much better like This **** Real on the Terius Nash album.

Last edited:
Nah Stillln im def gonna listen to it but i wanted to hear some dry reviews before i purchased the cd

heshua's review sounds exactly how i said the cd would sound a month or so back

& like sneakerp said you take a milti yr hiatus & you either come back with a vengence or come back flat & i expected the latter

suit n tie & mirrors are dope .... hopefully the rest doesnt disappoint
Go Spotify it.

Wonder if Jessica Biel tastes like Strawberry Bubblegum
devil.gif

Ya when pharrel makes beats by himself they usually suck. It's when him and chad are together, that's when they make great music

From the comments section on youtube:

it was inspired by his grandparents. It was their love story from the time they were young until old age. in the elderly scenes the man is a ghost. He passed away and now she has to live without him. When she drops the ring and Justin catches it it's a tribute to his own marriage saying that he's going to continue the family tradition and stay with his wife until they're old and grey.

Now that I understand what he was getting at, it makes the video that much more special. Good stuff from, JT.

:wow: :smokin

THE perfect wedding song for couples this Summer/Fall

I listened to the stream a lot last week and tunnel vision is really dope. I'll grab the CD this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom