Kanye Elevated Taylor Swifts Career

Originally Posted by GTEK

This chick really beat out MJ in the year of his death.
She gotta be hella good, right?

Sidenote: I see what they did there.
grin.gif
My friend was like "Where's Kanye when you need him?"
laugh.gif

kanye_shrug1.png

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by WarMachine

People act like Kanye hasn't been doing it big since 04, will this Hannah Montana, Taylor Swift commercial crap be around in 5 years?

sadly...i think so, my nieces love hannah montana, and it seems like the world loves Taylor Swift smh
No. Your nieces will grow out of it.

Its like backwards day in this thead. Yall seem to forgot how much work Ye put in already.
He aint know rookie in this *!$$, and to say no one knew him before this incident is blasphemy.
This time a couple years ago he was cleaning house at the AMAs
laugh.gif
andyall was lovin it.

I sense a little racial undertone here.

Nice to see white America in her corner.

America huh?

His catalouge > Swifts career (ask Jigga)

She a talented girl but to say she's bigger than Kanye is crazy.

The comments in here are
eek.gif
laugh.gif
{

I don't know man I believe he is.

I swear it's like where were yall 6 months ago...

all of a sudden she got major fans
nerd.gif

hmmm.

Half yall was tryna fugure out when you could get your air yeezys
now yall coppin T. Swifts new LP.

I love u guys
tongue.gif

you're giving kanye too much credit. shehad a guest appearance on CSI-LV way before the incident occurred.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I don't understand how a lot of you didn't know who she was before the Kanye incident. Her music had been big and all over the radio for over a year.

Apparently, most of niketalk only listens to Hip-hop / Rap.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I don't understand how a lot of you didn't know who she was before the Kanye incident. Her music had been big and all over the radio for over a year.

Apparently, most of niketalk only listens to Hip-hop / Rap.

QFT.

Yo, here's the thing.

Taylor Swift was big before the Kanye incident. She became even bigger after the Kanye incident... so in a way...

Kanye elevated Taylor Swifts career. That is all.
grin.gif

- Safari​

Originally Posted by dyyhard

you're giving kanye too much credit. shehad a guest appearance on CSI-LV way before the incident occurred.

CSI-LV, the show that every artist goes on when they make it big...

indifferent.gif

she was already a star and only getting bigger even before that kanye incident happened
what it did do was, made her stay in the limelight a lot longer. if she had just won the mtv award without kanye interruption, i doubt she would be on allthose covers, and doing interviews.

shows how much i know about her i watch csi lv weekly and didn't know she was in it.. o well i do not listen to country music i guess thats why idon't know a thing about her.

I never heard of Taylor Swift until that Kanye West incident. So yeah, that incident did make her more popular.

in the US Taylor Swift is huge. but Kanye @#$% on her worldwide...he is a global superstar, even after releasing 2 mediocre albums in a row

this is comedic how hard ya'll are ridin for this girl and for country music

And then ya'll have the audacity to look down on NT for not ridin with you...

This is NT...the reason why most of us found this board is because our favorite athletes rock nikes, our favorite rappers are shoe heads, basically our cultureis a part of Nike.

There are no Nike Cowboy Boots. There are no Country music stars shouting out NT like rappers do, so don't look down on NT members who aint familiar witTaylor Swift n dis corny country music bs

Ya'll weren't reppin Taylor Swift or country music a couple months back, but all of a sudden Crank n all u riders r reppin hardbody after the 'Ye
incident.. Tell me that aint no coincidence

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

in the US Taylor Swift is huge. but Kanye @#$% on her worldwide...he is a global superstar, even after releasing 2 mediocre albums in a row

Are you stupid?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

2 Mediocre albums in a row? Both of those sold like 950,000 first week dummy.. u crazyy

Kanye >>>>>>> Taylor

MJ >>>>>>>>> Taylor

mabye this is because i'm a black dude, but i have yet to hear one of Taylor Swift's songs.

i didn't even know who she was until that whole Kanye incident.

This is NT...the reason why most of us found this board is because our favorite athletes rock nikes, our favorite rappers are shoe heads, basically our culture is a part of Nike.

There are no Nike Cowboy Boots. There are no Country music stars shouting out NT like rappers do, so don't look down on NT members who aint familiar wit Taylor Swift n dis corny country music bs

Ya'll weren't reppin Taylor Swift or country music a couple months back, but all of a sudden Crank n all u riders r reppin hardbody after the 'Ye
Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

laugh.gif
at people in here defending country music
How lame do you guys sound right now though? really? do you have any idea how GLOBAL nike is and your pertaining it to a single genre a music?yes, nike sub sneakers(jordans, airmaxes) have a heavy influence in hip hop culture, but to catorgorize Nike only with exclusively to the hip hop genre is PUREIGNORANCE

me riding her after the Ye incident, REALLY? The only reason Im in here is because niketalk is actually TALKING about her, how many times have I madeappreciations threads? a lady gaga the fame thread before her album came out, a MIA appreciation thread before paper planes, a pearljam/nirvana/grunge thread,AND GOT ZERO REPLIES????? I realized niketalk isnt the place to discuss other types music unless its drake and wale, and Im cool with that

CASE AND POINT = Kanye did infact expose Swift to other communities, and did help her push a couple of thousands ofrecords
which is chump change really, because she was already multi platnium and selling out stadiums in 2 minutes

/thread

I agree. Ever since the incident, he made her relevant. She went back to being #1 after her CD was out for MONTHS.

PO

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

This is NT...the reason why most of us found this board is because our favorite athletes rock nikes, our favorite rappers are shoe heads, basically our culture is a part of Nike.

There are no Nike Cowboy Boots. There are no Country music stars shouting out NT like rappers do, so don't look down on NT members who aint familiar wit Taylor Swift n dis corny country music bs

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

laugh.gif
at people in here defending country music
How lame do you guys sound right now though? really? do you have any idea how GLOBAL nike is and your pertaining it to a single genre a music? yes, nike sub sneakers(jordans, airmaxes) have a heavy influence in hip hop culture, but to catorgorize Nike only with exclusively to the hip hop genre is PURE IGNORANCE

me riding her after the Ye incident, REALLY? The only reason Im in here is because niketalk is actually TALKING about her, how many times have I made appreciations threads? a lady gaga the fame thread before her album came out, a MIA appreciation thread before paper planes, a pearljam/nirvana/grunge thread, AND GOT ZERO REPLIES????? I realized niketalk isnt the place to discuss other types music unless its drake and wale, and Im cool with that

CASE AND POINT = Kanye did infact expose Swift to other communities, and did help her push a couple of thousands of records
which is chump change really, because she was already multi platnium and selling out stadiums in 2 minutes

/thread

keep trying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PO2345

I agree. Ever since the incident, he made her relevant. She went back to being #1 after her CD was out for MONTHS.

PO
What? The fact that her CD went back to #1 (meaning her CD had already been #1) proves that she wasrelevant in the music industry before the incident.

Don't make it political, holmes. There are people like myself who listen to both artists and were unaffected by the incident. Kanye made afool of himself but I know the guy wasn't trying to hurt anybody it's just in his personality. Not sure why you hate Swift--- what has she done to drawyour ire?

Back
Top Bottom