Kanye Elevated Taylor Swifts Career

People act like Kanye hasn't been doing it big since 04, will this Hannah Montana, Taylor Swift commercial crap be around in 5 years?

Originally Posted by WarMachine

People act like Kanye hasn't been doing it big since 04, will this Hannah Montana, Taylor Swift commercial crap be around in 5 years?

sadly...i think so, my nieces love hannah montana, and it seems like the world loves Taylor Swift smh

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Taylor Swift is the new Shania Twain
pimp.gif
Except Shannia Twain can sing and made good music.

Originally Posted by blazinRook

People act like Kanye hasn't been doing it big since 04, will this Hannah Montana, Taylor Swift commercial crap be around in 5 years
sadly...i think so, my nieces love hannah montana, and it seems like the world loves Taylor Swift smh
You don't understand the Ins and Outs of this game do you?

Those are people that can easily be replaced my man, the new younger generation will look for newer things to like.
Its a never ending cycle that changes about every 3-4 years.

Like the generation before this was probably on that Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan ishhh.
And the generation before that was probably on that Mary Kate and Ashley thing you feel me?

up til that incident i thought taylor swift WAS the hannah montana girl. i had heard the name miley cyrus but i dunno what i thought, maybe amultiple alias type deal like mankind/cactus jack/mick foley. but i don't have cable and the only tv i watch is niner games so i'm under a rock

why do you sound like you have no idea what your talking about right now?
hannah montana is a disney gimmick, commercial pop which will fade out

Swift can write songs, play the guitar and actually sing, pure talent that will be around for a while

give her a listen before you comment next time
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

fact: the incident definitely helped out taylor, leading her to sell more records. (look up the numbers of her record sales after the incident, HUGE jump)

false: Ye did not 'elevate' her career, she was already big beforehand (especially with her pop/country movement appealing to the younger generation)

/thread

This chick really beat out MJ in the year of his death.
She gotta be hella good, right?

Sidenote: I see what they did there.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Swift can write songs, play the guitar and actually sing, pure talent that will be around for a while

indifferent.gif

riiiiiiight, i'm sure you and all of her 15 year old fans have a ear for "pure talent."

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

indifferent.gif

riiiiiiight, i'm sure you and all of her 15 year old fans have a ear for "pure talent."

I took my daughter to her concert, unlike 99% of other "acts" she sang live played guitar and piano and put on a helluva show to boot. The crowdwasnt just full of kids and their parents (like me) but people of all ages. I went to this show knowing I was going to be bored the whole time but left a fan.Face it haters, the girl HAS talent, a marketable one especially in this era of music where people rush half assed albums out to market to get a few bucks intheir pockets. She writes, sings live and plays guitar. Shes also quite the showman, like her or not you gotta respect what shes done and doing at her age.She'll be around for awhile guaranteed.

Originally Posted by StackKerouac

I dont see how you could even argue this... After the 30 seconds of Kanye on stage, She immediately began receiving support from every other celeb imaginable. She was instantly the most popular twitter, facebook, insert-social-media-here, topic. She suddenly got calls from major talk shows. Taylor swift might have been a musical guest on talk shows before, but she wasn't sitting in the chair. The **** president commented on the whole thing.

Sure, she had fans before, but now she has more.

This.

el·e·vat·ed

1. Increased in amount or degree: "an elevated temperature."

Additional attention is the BEST thing an ARTIST would want to gain, a little or a lot. It assists their career in every way. Yes, she was immensely popularbefore, but if Taylor Swift was worth a billion dollars before, and if this incident increased her value to a billion + $1.00, it would still be elevating hercareer. And in my opinion this incident elevated her career A LOT. By being the victim, she gained much respect and support from people who were already in theloop about her, and from people who had no idea who she was.

Her debut album has charted for more weeks than any album this century.

Fearless was damn near 5x platinum before the Empty-V awards. (
laugh.gif
atpeople saying they don't do pop yet they have pop rappers in the avatars).

Folks, she didn't need any help selling records.
laugh.gif

So much hate in this thread. If Audrey Hepburn were alive today some of you would look for ways to tear her down. Swift is beautiful, makes great music and isentirely likable with a good head on her shoulders. I mean this is the girl that wrote a song about how great her parents raised her. Why would anyone not wantsomeone like her to do well?

I don't understand how a lot of you didn't know who she was before the Kanye incident. Her music had been big and all over the radio for over a year.

I don't think Kanye's intention was to "elevate" her career.

All Kanye did was prove that he's a bigger moron than anyone previously believed.

Musically, he's a genius, but he falls off everywhere else.

Laughing at the square that called Taylor Swift's music "Disney Pop".

It's not my bag either, but I'd at least take the Lil' Flip CD out of the deck and put a Taylor Swift CD in and listen before making such aretarded statement.

Back
Top Bottom