Kanye Elevated Taylor Swifts Career

Not surprised by some of the responses...

NTers think that Jay-Z was the one that made wearing Che' tees cool....
ohwell.gif

JM

Originally Posted by StuntHard

mabye this is because i'm a black dude, but i have yet to hear one of Taylor Swift's songs.

i didn't even know who she was until that whole Kanye incident.

It probably has more to do with the fact that you don't listen to country music than the fact that you are black.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

in the US Taylor Swift is huge. but Kanye @#$% on her worldwide...he is a global superstar, even after releasing 2 mediocre albums in a row

Are you stupid?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

2 Mediocre albums in a row? Both of those sold like 950,000 first week dummy.. u crazyy

Kanye >>>>>>> Taylor

MJ >>>>>>>>> Taylor

nmediocre=quality of the material, which has NOTHING to do with sales
indifferent.gif
by your dumb @#$ logic hannah montanas CDs are classics

once again, in the US taylor swift has BEEN a huge star...im just saying globally kanye is more well known

in the US Taylor Swift is huge. but Kanye @#$% on her worldwide...he is a global superstar, even after releasing 2 mediocre albums in a row
We all know 808's and Heartbreak was wack but you mean to tell me Graduation was mediocre???
What the hell is wrong with you... After College Dropout which is flawless, Graduation is his 2nd best record (would be perfect if not for that Drunk and HotGirls song)

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

Are you stupid?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

2 Mediocre albums in a row? Both of those sold like 950,000 first week dummy.. u crazyy

Kanye >>>>>>> Taylor

MJ >>>>>>>>> Taylor

indifferent.gif

once again, in the US taylor swift has BEEN a huge star...im just saying globally kanye is more well known
just curious-- this goes to anyone who can answer this..

but is country music as global as hip-hop?

No it isn't. BUT teeny bopper music is! There is a reason she sells out shows over in London... I would say they are pretty close in global popularity...Just my opinion though... Not sure how you would define it...? Global ticket sales? Global album sales? Poster and backpacks?
laugh.gif
jokes

NASHVILLE, TN-Taylor Swift, who sold more albums last year than any other artist, is making a significant impact on the global music scene, earning Gold and Platinum sales certifications in fourteen countries spanning five continents.

Her "Fearless" album, rapidly approaching quadruple-platinum in the US, has earned the following international sales awards:

Platinum

Australia (Triple Platinum)
Canada (Triple Platinum)
Singapore
New Zealand
Ireland
Indonesia
Malaysia
Taiwan

Gold
United Kingdom (Gold X2)
Norway
South Africa
Hong Kong
Philippines

"Fearless" has spent 11 weeks so far in the #1 position atop Billboard's all-genre Top 200 Sales chart, and 21 weeks at #1 on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart. Taylor's self-titled debut CD, released on Big Machine Records in 2006, was certified Quadruple-Platinum this week. Taylor has sold more albums than any artist in the world so far this year, and her paid music downloads now exceed 19.5 million songs.

"Fearless" has reached the Top 5 on the sales charts in 13 countries, and Taylor's #1 single "Love Story" has become a global sensation, topping airplay charts worldwide, in countries including the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This week Taylor is celebrating her 4th consecutive #1 single in the US, and her fifth #1 out of her last six singles released.

Tickets to shows on the Taylor Swift Fearless 2009 Tour remain the hottest on the market, with capacity crowds packing arenas around the globe. Taylor travels to the UK this week for sold out shows at V Fest at Highlands Park and V Fest at Weston Park. These performances mark her first return trip to the UK since her series of sold out shows there in May. Taylor will make another trip to the UK later this year for a November 23rd headlining date at London's Wembley Arena. Earlier this year, Taylor headlined a short series of shows in Australia, all of which sold out.

Taylor now has more than a million followers on her Twitter account, and this week surpassed the 250 million mark for music streams on her MySpace page.

Upon her return from the UK, Taylor resumes her US tour with a headlining show at Madison Square Garden. Tickets for the show sold out in one minute.

NT'ers are trapped in this little box and have yet to explore the world and what it has to offer....Have you guys seen the show Weeds? It's like Nancywas just your average soccer mom from the burbs but when she started selling weed it opened a whole new outlook in life.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by blazinRook

this is comedic how hard ya'll are ridin for this girl and for country music

And then ya'll have the audacity to look down on NT for not ridin with you...

This is NT...the reason why most of us found this board is because our favorite athletes rock nikes, our favorite rappers are shoe heads, basically our culture is a part of Nike.

There are no Nike Cowboy Boots. There are no Country music stars shouting out NT like rappers do, so don't look down on NT members who aint familiar wit Taylor Swift n dis corny country music bs

Ya'll weren't reppin Taylor Swift or country music a couple months back, but all of a sudden Crank n all u riders r reppin hardbody after the 'Ye
incident.. Tell me that aint no coincidence
Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

laugh.gif
at people in here defending country music
How lame do you guys sound right now though? really? do you have any idea how GLOBAL nike is and your pertaining it to a single genre a music? yes, nike sub sneakers(jordans, airmaxes) have a heavy influence in hip hop culture, but to catorgorize Nike only with exclusively to the hip hop genre is PURE IGNORANCE

me riding her after the Ye incident, REALLY? The only reason Im in here is because niketalk is actually TALKING about her, how many times have I made appreciations threads? a lady gaga the fame thread before her album came out, a MIA appreciation thread before paper planes, a pearljam/nirvana/grunge thread, AND GOT ZERO REPLIES????? I realized niketalk isnt the place to discuss other types music unless its drake and wale, and Im cool with that

CASE AND POINT = Kanye did infact expose Swift to other communities, and did help her push a couple of thousands of records
which is chump change really, because she was already multi platnium and selling out stadiums in 2 minutes

/thread
You really care don't you
laugh.gif

I don't give a damn about country music or anything involved with country...I don't know...."culture"
laugh.gif

Your %%% is always talkin how much NY is better than everybody and how the south is stupid now you over here talking about what's 'global' and'pure ignorance' in defense of country music
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

NT'ers are trapped in this little box and have yet to explore the world and what it has to offer....Have you guys seen the show Weeds? It's like Nancy was just your average soccer mom from the burbs but when she started selling weed it opened a whole new outlook in life.

What a horrible analogy.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

The girls not that cute...and her music is for teenage girls...why would anybody on here would know of her before what Kanye did is beyond me...Im jus sayin tho...

c'mon dude, I havent even listened to Talyor Swift but I know you are basing this off one song

if that is the case than you can say Kanye's music is for people rocking rainbow bumper stickers **cough cough** All Falls Down
C'mon Son.....

The lyrics in All Falls Down > Anything Taylor Swift can sing or write...(if she writes her own music)
eyes.gif
writes or co writes all her songs. and she did this at 16 and went platinum
YOU ACT LIKE KANYE WRITES ALL OF HIS OWN MUSIC! WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT?!?!!?!?!?

Confirmed by malik yusef hes written for Ye many times....

And it's pure ignorance to say he "put" Taylor on. The only thing he did was put YOU on to her.

Not everybody listens to Hip-hop/Rap... NT fails to realize this...

Originally Posted by JORDAN 23 lives

omgitswes wrote:
Food4Thgt wrote:

Food4Thgt wrote:
The girls not that cute...and her music is for teenage girls...why would anybody on here would know of her before what Kanye did is beyond me...Im jus sayin tho...

c'mon dude, I havent even listened to Talyor Swift but I know you are basing this off one song

if that is the case than you can say Kanye's music is for people rocking rainbow bumper stickers **cough cough** All Falls Down
C'mon Son.....

The lyrics in All Falls Down > Anything Taylor Swift can sing or write...(if she writes her own music)
eyes.gif

YOU ACT LIKE KANYE WRITES ALL OF HIS OWN MUSIC! WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT?!?!!?!?!?

And it's pure ignorance to say he "put" Taylor on. The only thing he did was put YOU on to her.

I'm sorry but
roll.gif

I dread the day I was put onto her.
She's talentless. Just b/c she "writes" songs doesn't mean they are any good.
And Kanye isn't just rap/hip hop. He superseded that into general pop culture/music.

Originally Posted by RenaRene

Originally Posted by JORDAN 23 lives

omgitswes wrote:
Food4Thgt wrote:

Food4Thgt wrote:

C'mon Son.....

eyes.gif

I'm sorry but
roll.gif

I dread the day I was put onto her.
She's talentless. Just b/c she "writes" songs doesn't mean they are any good.
And Kanye isn't just rap/hip hop. He superseded that into general pop culture/music.

Talentless doesn't sell 10 mill.... Just Sayin.

A lot of the people on here saying "Kanye but her on" are dudes who obviously don't listen to pop music...

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

Are you stupid?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kanye >>>>>>> Taylor

MJ >>>>>>>>> Taylor

indifferent.gif

just curious-- this goes to anyone who can answer this..

but is country music as global as hip-hop?

No it isn't. BUT teeny bopper music is! There is a reason she sells out shows over in London... I would say they are pretty close in global popularity... Just my opinion though... Not sure how you would define it...? Global ticket sales? Global album sales? Poster and backpacks?
laugh.gif
jokes

NASHVILLE, TN-Taylor Swift, who sold more albums last year than any other artist, is making a significant impact on the global music scene, earning Gold and Platinum sales certifications in fourteen countries spanning five continents.

Her "Fearless" album, rapidly approaching quadruple-platinum in the US, has earned the following international sales awards:

Platinum

Australia (Triple Platinum)
Canada (Triple Platinum)
Singapore
New Zealand
Ireland
Indonesia
Malaysia
Taiwan

Gold
United Kingdom (Gold X2)
Norway
South Africa
Hong Kong
Philippines

"Fearless" has spent 11 weeks so far in the #1 position atop Billboard's all-genre Top 200 Sales chart, and 21 weeks at #1 on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart. Taylor's self-titled debut CD, released on Big Machine Records in 2006, was certified Quadruple-Platinum this week. Taylor has sold more albums than any artist in the world so far this year, and her paid music downloads now exceed 19.5 million songs.

"Fearless" has reached the Top 5 on the sales charts in 13 countries, and Taylor's #1 single "Love Story" has become a global sensation, topping airplay charts worldwide, in countries including the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This week Taylor is celebrating her 4th consecutive #1 single in the US, and her fifth #1 out of her last six singles released.

Tickets to shows on the Taylor Swift Fearless 2009 Tour remain the hottest on the market, with capacity crowds packing arenas around the globe. Taylor travels to the UK this week for sold out shows at V Fest at Highlands Park and V Fest at Weston Park. These performances mark her first return trip to the UK since her series of sold out shows there in May. Taylor will make another trip to the UK later this year for a November 23rd headlining date at London's Wembley Arena. Earlier this year, Taylor headlined a short series of shows in Australia, all of which sold out.

Taylor now has more than a million followers on her Twitter account, and this week surpassed the 250 million mark for music streams on her MySpace page.

Upon her return from the UK, Taylor resumes her US tour with a headlining show at Madison Square Garden. Tickets for the show sold out in one minute.

damn that many? i take it back...

and yes graduation was mediocre
indifferent.gif
3-4 good tracks but thats justbased off production alone. how is it ye's 2nd best album???? straight pop @#$%

what's the point of posting all of that record sales nonsense?
laugh.gif
to show pop music is bigger than hiphop? wow who would've thought.

Graduation is far from mediocre

I'm not saying kanye put t swift on but he did elevate her popularity which elevated her career

You got people on here defending her as if she's the most talented artist in the world right now...smfh..Ya'll were not riding her this hardpre-'Ye incident

People outside of NT are getting tired of her because she's winning every award.

I gave her music a try, I watched her video that beat Beyonce...SHE IS NOTHING SPECIAL. Just another bubble gum pop teen that got America on her jock...post'Ye incident, even more people on her jock

And Crank if you can honestly say T. Swifts music is comparable to MIA and Lady Gaga then there's something wrong with ya man

Originally Posted by WarMachine

what's the point of posting all of that record sales nonsense?
laugh.gif
to show pop music is bigger than hiphop? wow who would've thought.

If you read what I was responding to it makes perfect sense
eyes.gif
Globalpopularity... Just throwing out some fact's/evidence of what she has done outside the US.

Year Album details Peak chart positions[1][2][3] Sales Certifications
(sales threshold)
US US R&B UK GER FRA CAN AUS SWE
2004 The College Dropout

* Released: February 10, 2004
* Label: Roc-A-Fella, Def Jam

2 1 12 77 98 - - 39

* US: 3.1 million[4]
* WW: 4.5 million[5]

* US: 2× Platinum[6]
* CAN: Platinum[7]
* AUS: Gold[8]
* UK: 3× Platinum[9]
* NZ: Gold[10]

2005 Late Registration

* Released: August 30, 2005

1 1 2 14 36 1 14 11

* US: 3.1 million[11]
* WW: 6 million+[5]

* US: 3× Platinum[6]
* CAN: 2× Platinum[12]
* AUS: Platinum[8]
* UK: 2× Platinum[9]
* IRE: 2× Platinum[13]

2007 Graduation

* Released: September 11, 2007

1 1 1 10 9 1 2 6

* US: 2.9 million[14]
* WW: 4 million

* US: 2× Platinum[6]
* CAN: 2× Platinum[15]
* AUS: Gold[16]
* UK: Platinum[9]
* IRE: Platinum [17]
* SWI: Gold [18]
* NFPP: Gold [19]

2008 808s & Heartbreak

* Released: November 24, 2008

1 1 11 30 52 4 12 -

* US: 1.5 million[20]
* WW: 2.9 million[21]

* US: Platinum[22]
* CAN: Platinum[23]
* AUS: Gold[24]
* UK: Gold[9]
* IRE: Platinum [25]

the way you fight against people who support 'Ye makes you sound like a female

a lot...if not all, females support Taylor Swift now adays

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Her debut album has charted for more weeks than any album this century.

Fearless was damn near 5x platinum before the Empty-V awards. (
laugh.gif
at people saying they don't do pop yet they have pop rappers in the avatars).

Folks, she didn't need any help selling records.
laugh.gif

So much hate in this thread. If Audrey Hepburn were alive today some of you would look for ways to tear her down. Swift is beautiful, makes great music and is entirely likable with a good head on her shoulders. I mean this is the girl that wrote a song about how great her parents raised her. Why would anyone not want someone like her to do well?
10citti.jpg

She can't sing, her lyrics are corny, and her music is generic. She plays the guitar and writes her own songs? People say that like that's some amazing!+#$. Has music really come to do this now? Where people have to point this out as some sort of substantial feat?

Note: Just because she writes her own music doesn't mean they're good. Ashanti wrote her owns songs too.

Back
Top Bottom