<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by 81KB

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight
Why do people keep bringing up College Dropout Kanye like he was nice?have you heard College Dropout recently?He was trash lyrically compared to where he's at now
   From a flow standpoint, yea, he wasn't all there, but from a content perspective, that makes me wanna ask if you have listened to it recently.

But I know when artists reach that untouchable mountain top, they can sort of slack off a bit, cause they've made, they really have nothing to prove,
but to me that's never been the problem for Kanye and Jay-Z....lyrically. The problem for me has been the production, cause as great as they are
on the mic, they have had so many beats that are outright wack (a lot of BP3 & about half of BP2), or just strayed for the norm "hip hop" beats.
Sometimes both of them have went for real epic on beats and it just fell flat (which is why I can't see how people crown MBDTF as the greatest
thing since from water and oxygen). 

yeah honestly I just listened to it not even a week ago no b.s and to be quite honest he was kinda wack

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by 81KB

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight
Why do people keep bringing up College Dropout Kanye like he was nice?have you heard College Dropout recently?He was trash lyrically compared to where he's at now
   From a flow standpoint, yea, he wasn't all there, but from a content perspective, that makes me wanna ask if you have listened to it recently.

But I know when artists reach that untouchable mountain top, they can sort of slack off a bit, cause they've made, they really have nothing to prove,
but to me that's never been the problem for Kanye and Jay-Z....lyrically. The problem for me has been the production, cause as great as they are
on the mic, they have had so many beats that are outright wack (a lot of BP3 & about half of BP2), or just strayed for the norm "hip hop" beats.
Sometimes both of them have went for real epic on beats and it just fell flat (which is why I can't see how people crown MBDTF as the greatest
thing since from water and oxygen). 

yeah honestly I just listened to it not even a week ago no b.s and to be quite honest he was kinda wack

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Am I the Only one who though "N's In Paris" had the same type of sound that "Reminder" had from the Blueprint 3?

You have a point.....same melodies in the beat....
Paris>>>Reminder tho...

Am I the Only one who though "N's In Paris" had the same type of sound that "Reminder" had from the Blueprint 3?

You have a point.....same melodies in the beat....
Paris>>>Reminder tho...

I made Jesus Walks, so I'm never going to hell
Couture level flow is never going on sale
Luxury rap, the Hermes of verses
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
I get it custom, you a customer
You ain't accustomed to going through customs, you ain't been nowhere, hah?
And all the ladies in the house got them showing off
I’m done I'll hit you up maña.. nah!

I mean, what's wack about that? This N says he has couture level flow.
30t6p3b.gif

But I guess he's right. A lot of people look at couture "level" fashion and they don't get it. Much like Kanye's recent verses.

And ain-nem heard the album yet...

30t6p3b.gif

But I guess he's right. A lot of people look at couture "level" fashion and they don't get it. Much like Kanye's recent verses.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

30t6p3b.gif

agreed,listen to The Glory from Graduation and then tell me seriously that Kanye can't spit

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

30t6p3b.gif

agreed,listen to The Glory from Graduation and then tell me seriously that Kanye can't spit

He's one of the, if not THE best doing it. His word play is ridiculous.

LMAO STOP.

He's average at best and his flow is nothing to write home about.

Stop putting him on a pedestal because he is a dope producer.

LMAO STOP.

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

Jay and Kanye were not worried about being lyrically disciplined on this album. They just wanted to make Austere Hip Hop and they succeeded in doing that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i think you mean the antonym of austere

True...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

Jay and Kanye were not worried about being lyrically disciplined on this album. They just wanted to make Austere Hip Hop and they succeeded in doing that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i think you mean the antonym of austere

True...
grin.gif

Anybody find out where the sample used in "Primetime" is from? Kanye or Jay has used it before

Anybody find out where the sample used in "Primetime" is from? Kanye or Jay has used it before

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

So you think Late Registration had Grade F lyrics huh? I haven't posted in this thread once until i saw that comment. You need to relax bro, Late Registration had and has some amazing music that speaks volumes. 

You're right, it Late Registration had great lyrics...

...when Jay-Z spit on the "Diamonds From Sierra Leone" remix.

Cmon bro, im not even against most of the things you said recently. But what you are implying now is absurd. Im not a kanye stan, i dont think this album is the best thing since sliced bread...but to say late registrations lyrics are worse than a soulja boy album is just clown-like.
Grade F is Wacka Flocca...Soulja...dudes from your hood who are rappin on myspace give grade F... and you say that the lyrics from songs such as Roses, Hey Mama, Diamonds, etc. are in the same company as those dumbed down artists with garbage lyrics?

REALLY? Late Registrations lyrics are not a C...or even a D... which would be more of an opinion i could at least begin to understand. But no...you genuinely believe the lyrics FAIL completely as in the worst any rap lyrics could be...

wow. If you are trollin, you did a good job. thats all ill say. 
ohwell.gif

Not trollin'.

And you have a point. If you want to say Soulja Boy and them have F lyrics, then yes... I guess I have to say Kanye West is a D or D+.

But my mind is immune to those clowns like Soulja and Waka. I don't even acknowledge their existence, so that's why I'm not comparing Kanye to them.

I say Kanye's lyrics are F-grade compared to the GREAT rappers (BIG, Jay, Nas, Cole), NOT compared to the crap rappers.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

So you think Late Registration had Grade F lyrics huh? I haven't posted in this thread once until i saw that comment. You need to relax bro, Late Registration had and has some amazing music that speaks volumes. 

You're right, it Late Registration had great lyrics...

...when Jay-Z spit on the "Diamonds From Sierra Leone" remix.

Cmon bro, im not even against most of the things you said recently. But what you are implying now is absurd. Im not a kanye stan, i dont think this album is the best thing since sliced bread...but to say late registrations lyrics are worse than a soulja boy album is just clown-like.
Grade F is Wacka Flocca...Soulja...dudes from your hood who are rappin on myspace give grade F... and you say that the lyrics from songs such as Roses, Hey Mama, Diamonds, etc. are in the same company as those dumbed down artists with garbage lyrics?

REALLY? Late Registrations lyrics are not a C...or even a D... which would be more of an opinion i could at least begin to understand. But no...you genuinely believe the lyrics FAIL completely as in the worst any rap lyrics could be...

wow. If you are trollin, you did a good job. thats all ill say. 
ohwell.gif

Not trollin'.

And you have a point. If you want to say Soulja Boy and them have F lyrics, then yes... I guess I have to say Kanye West is a D or D+.

But my mind is immune to those clowns like Soulja and Waka. I don't even acknowledge their existence, so that's why I'm not comparing Kanye to them.

I say Kanye's lyrics are F-grade compared to the GREAT rappers (BIG, Jay, Nas, Cole), NOT compared to the crap rappers.

I think I mentioned on this thread that Jay had the same rhymes (Elvis, Rolling Stones, etc.) as "Reminder" on one of the tracks on WTT. I thought that track was "Made It In America," but it could be the one you're referring to.

Unless you're referring to the beat.

I think I mentioned on this thread that Jay had the same rhymes (Elvis, Rolling Stones, etc.) as "Reminder" on one of the tracks on WTT. I thought that track was "Made It In America," but it could be the one you're referring to.

Unless you're referring to the beat.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

LMAO STOP.

This %%%% is why I hate Kanye fans.

His "wordplay is ridiculous."

Like... !+# are you even talking about?

Y'all say that Kanye's wordplay is ridiculous, but then say Fab is wack. !+#?

Kanye and Fab both rap about NOTHING.

However, Fab is a lot better because HIS wordplay is ridiculous (although it's fell of tremendously).

Kanye and Fab both suck right now, and both rap about nothing.

The difference is that, at one point, Fab's wordplay was ridiculous. Kanye's wordplay was NEVER halfway decent.

Back
Top Bottom