<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If they already have artwork for "Negroes in Paris" then that is the next single they runnin' wit'?

The artwork I posed was what I found on google, I think it was fan made

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If they already have artwork for "Negroes in Paris" then that is the next single they runnin' wit'?

The artwork I posed was what I found on google, I think it was fan made

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Brilliant take. Truthfully the greatest marketing scheme in hip hop history was The Black Album, the way Jay repetitively beat it into our heads that he is the best, and it worked like a charm

And you actin like bragging about being the best in the game is a new concept in hip-hop
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
What's your problem?

It isn't new, but at the extent of bragging, dropping an album, retiring, making a movie about it, then plan a big comeback...is. One of the greatest hip hop moves in history, name another person to ever pull that off successfully and double his money an business ventures all in one swoop.

when is the last time people actually read and comprehended though?

-The Juice

What does this gotta do with people thinking Jay the best? I'm sure they decide on their own if they like the music not nod their heads like yes-men.And even if they like the music and think he's the GOAT...so what? IT'S OPINION. Let them just enjoy the damn music...

Brilliant take. Truthfully the greatest marketing scheme in hip hop history was The Black Album, the way Jay repetitively beat it into our heads that he is the best, and it worked like a charm

And you actin like bragging about being the best in the game is a new concept in hip-hop
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
What's your problem?

It isn't new, but at the extent of bragging, dropping an album, retiring, making a movie about it, then plan a big comeback...is. One of the greatest hip hop moves in history, name another person to ever pull that off successfully and double his money an business ventures all in one swoop.

-The Juice

What does this gotta do with people thinking Jay the best? I'm sure they decide on their own if they like the music not nod their heads like yes-men.And even if they like the music and think he's the GOAT...so what? IT'S OPINION. Let them just enjoy the damn music...

Well I Dl'd the Deluxe Edition So mine has Otis as a Bonus.....

I think ya'll know what I meant, like if Nas/Common or Nas/Lupe made an album that didn't live up to expectations or people felt like they didn't go all out, 
people would be KILLING them (see: Lasers, UMC, Electric Circus, I Am..., and Nastradamus)

People killed them because the albums were wack....and even if Nas and Lupe were to make an album they would NEVER face half the criticism and expectations of What WTT will continue to get. The directions of the two albums would be completely different, Nas and Lupe would probably come of with a True Hip-hop inspired album that sounds not much different from there particular styles while as two of the biggest Artist in Hip-hop Jay & Ye(I refuse to call these @*%%@* the throne) have essentially put the weight of transcending Hip Hop into a new ERA and I personally feel like this is a hell of an effort to do it

Well I Dl'd the Deluxe Edition So mine has Otis as a Bonus.....

I think ya'll know what I meant, like if Nas/Common or Nas/Lupe made an album that didn't live up to expectations or people felt like they didn't go all out, 
people would be KILLING them (see: Lasers, UMC, Electric Circus, I Am..., and Nastradamus)

People killed them because the albums were wack....and even if Nas and Lupe were to make an album they would NEVER face half the criticism and expectations of What WTT will continue to get. The directions of the two albums would be completely different, Nas and Lupe would probably come of with a True Hip-hop inspired album that sounds not much different from there particular styles while as two of the biggest Artist in Hip-hop Jay & Ye(I refuse to call these @*%%@* the throne) have essentially put the weight of transcending Hip Hop into a new ERA and I personally feel like this is a hell of an effort to do it

Originally Posted by Rafool

That's not what I was implying at all.
You come in here calling other people stans but look at your sn. look. at. it.

If you don't like the album that's fine, but calling other people stans is ironic.

You think I give a ###$ what my name is on here? I been here for 10.5 years and been through like 60 names. I don't put too much weight on my screen name because I always get banned anyway.
indifferent.gif

If you don't like the album that's fine, but calling other people stans is ironic.

You think I give a ###$ what my name is on here? I been here for 10.5 years and been through like 60 names. I don't put too much weight on my screen name because I always get banned anyway.
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
What's your problem?

-The Juice

Yes alot of people think Jay is GOAT...... especially up east. I think what Juice is trying to say is how he used the media to engrain that into peoples heads....
Lil Wayne started right after that saying hes the "Best Rapper Alive, since the best rapper retired" when C1 dropped and look at him now..... undisputed top 5 in popular opinion....

TI went that same route during that time and called himself the KING of the south.....hes still considered one of the best out the south now.....

What juice is trying to say is if media force feeds it enough times, it eventually becomes accepted unknowingly in the community...

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
What's your problem?

-The Juice

Yes alot of people think Jay is GOAT...... especially up east. I think what Juice is trying to say is how he used the media to engrain that into peoples heads....
Lil Wayne started right after that saying hes the "Best Rapper Alive, since the best rapper retired" when C1 dropped and look at him now..... undisputed top 5 in popular opinion....

TI went that same route during that time and called himself the KING of the south.....hes still considered one of the best out the south now.....

What juice is trying to say is if media force feeds it enough times, it eventually becomes accepted unknowingly in the community...

Cole World 22:
I listen to lyrics, not sounds. I praise rappers for their lyrics, not for the sounds their producers created.

Explains why you like cole so much.....

Gotdamn dude, go listen to acapella or poetry or some $++@ if you so mad about people liking music for the beats/production
Yeezy taught yo' wife a new trick or something?

Cole World 22:
I listen to lyrics, not sounds. I praise rappers for their lyrics, not for the sounds their producers created.

Gotdamn dude, go listen to acapella or poetry or some $++@ if you so mad about people liking music for the beats/production

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
What's your problem?

-The Juice

Read all of MemphisBleekTheJediKnight's post and you'll see that he hates on any and everything not pertaining to Jay-Z, and when you disagree with or talk bad about anything that has to do with Jay he takes it as though it's an insult or something... TO HIMSELF!

Anyway, back to this album... I'm just happy that ninjahood is here... because I thought I was the only one that wasn't feeling the album like that.  It's not bad, but I wouldn't put it in such high regard as some of you and call it a classic.

I just think that with the capabilities of these two I wasn't expecting straight flames from beginning to end and that's not the case... this is a mediocre album from two of the top rappers in the game.  I really thought Kanye was going to come with some of the best production being that he looks up to Jay and this would be like a dream for him or something.  Jay did have some nice verses, but I was expecting him to body each and everything and that wasn't the case.

I would rate this album 3/5 at the moment, but it isn't growing on me like some of you guys are saying it is on you.  I also see absolutely no replay value with this album... at all!

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
What's your problem?

-The Juice

Read all of MemphisBleekTheJediKnight's post and you'll see that he hates on any and everything not pertaining to Jay-Z, and when you disagree with or talk bad about anything that has to do with Jay he takes it as though it's an insult or something... TO HIMSELF!

Anyway, back to this album... I'm just happy that ninjahood is here... because I thought I was the only one that wasn't feeling the album like that.  It's not bad, but I wouldn't put it in such high regard as some of you and call it a classic.

I just think that with the capabilities of these two I wasn't expecting straight flames from beginning to end and that's not the case... this is a mediocre album from two of the top rappers in the game.  I really thought Kanye was going to come with some of the best production being that he looks up to Jay and this would be like a dream for him or something.  Jay did have some nice verses, but I was expecting him to body each and everything and that wasn't the case.

I would rate this album 3/5 at the moment, but it isn't growing on me like some of you guys are saying it is on you.  I also see absolutely no replay value with this album... at all!

Originally Posted by tyisny

As usual with the NT Music Forum i can do nothing but sit here and wonder what is wrong with some of yall

With this album Jay & Ye have proved that there underlying message to the tee

"%%*@!! is scared to move on" everyone who has an issue with this album is either 

1) Talking about how different the production is

2) How this isnt comparable to previous Dated material of theirs

Get the *#%*!# message everything they've done from BP3-MDBTF has been about moving beyond Hip Hop and making timeless music all while still keeping that raw lyrical ability.

The issue with most arent that the beats arent hot, its the fact that it doesnt have that traditional boom bap/ soul rap ala "Otis" (which is the reason its a bonus). Them being the caliber of artist they our im extremely proud that they decided to make this and pretty much take the chain of expectations off of hip -hop.

"Usually you have this type of taste your European... thats the end of that way of thinking %#@%! neva again"

"!%*@ sosa this Is Hova, This is real Life, this is what the ending of Scarface suppose to feel like"
sick.gif

People call it bragging like hes doing it on some cash money steeze... Its clear Jay is living a different life and hes getting that across in his music. Not throwing it in your face hes saying its hear come join!! and stop worrying about sticking with the norm.. 

This is the jay i wanna hear from at this point. Hes at a plateau NOBODY from hip hop has reached, and something we've never saw before yet he makes it Very clear that the "hood" mentality is still strong in him

Kanye West... raw lyrical ability? You have got to be kidding me. This dude is one of the worst lyrical rappers forever. Son been relying on his production his entire career, that's why he ain't been *+%@ since College Dropout. And I don't give a %$%* how many records he sells. White people who don't know *+%@ about "raw lyrical ability" are the ones buying these albums.

There's rappers who haven't sold a million albums in their career (Cole, AZ) who have individual verses that show more "raw lyrical ability" than Kanye's entire career combined.

If you want to praise his "songs," that's fine. I'll disagree and move on.

But if you praise this man's lyrics, you're definitely ******ed.

As usual with the NT Music Forum i can do nothing but sit here and wonder what is wrong with some of yall

"%%*@!! is scared to move on" everyone who has an issue with this album is either 

Get the *#%*!# message everything they've done from BP3-MDBTF has been about moving beyond Hip Hop and making timeless music all while still keeping that raw lyrical ability.

The issue with most arent that the beats arent hot, its the fact that it doesnt have that traditional boom bap/ soul rap ala "Otis" (which is the reason its a bonus). Them being the caliber of artist they our im extremely proud that they decided to make this and pretty much take the chain of expectations off of hip -hop.

"Usually you have this type of taste your European... thats the end of that way of thinking %#@%! neva again"

"!%*@ sosa this Is Hova, This is real Life, this is what the ending of Scarface suppose to feel like"
sick.gif

People call it bragging like hes doing it on some cash money steeze... Its clear Jay is living a different life and hes getting that across in his music. Not throwing it in your face hes saying its hear come join!! and stop worrying about sticking with the norm.. 

This is the jay i wanna hear from at this point. Hes at a plateau NOBODY from hip hop has reached, and something we've never saw before yet he makes it Very clear that the "hood" mentality is still strong in him

Kanye West... raw lyrical ability? You have got to be kidding me. This dude is one of the worst lyrical rappers forever. Son been relying on his production his entire career, that's why he ain't been *+%@ since College Dropout. And I don't give a %$%* how many records he sells. White people who don't know *+%@ about "raw lyrical ability" are the ones buying these albums.

There's rappers who haven't sold a million albums in their career (Cole, AZ) who have individual verses that show more "raw lyrical ability" than Kanye's entire career combined.

Man, I love Ye' as a producer and I love his older material (and beats always) but I don't get why he gets a pass for some of these whack *%% verses.
sick.gif

On a side note I don't feel any chemistry between the two, a lot of randomness, no cohesion. That review was on point when it compared Royce/Em's chemistry as friendly and Ye/Jay's chemistry as if they have been co-workers for 10 years.

Man, I love Ye' as a producer and I love his older material (and beats always) but I don't get why he gets a pass for some of these whack *%% verses.
sick.gif

On a side note I don't feel any chemistry between the two, a lot of randomness, no cohesion. That review was on point when it compared Royce/Em's chemistry as friendly and Ye/Jay's chemistry as if they have been co-workers for 10 years.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

indifferent.gif
The most overused average NTer line.

No one cares how long you been here, stan.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ the _s In Paris / Rugrats artwork.

Edit: Mez, just got around to listening to Em/Royce's tape, I'm really feeling it. I feel as if they were trying to go at each other, pushing each other bar for bar where as in WTT with Jay and Kanye they were just working together, making each track, while having fun. Just my two cents. Both albums are great.

indifferent.gif
The most overused average NTer line.

No one cares how long you been here, stan.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ the _s In Paris / Rugrats artwork.

Edit: Mez, just got around to listening to Em/Royce's tape, I'm really feeling it. I feel as if they were trying to go at each other, pushing each other bar for bar where as in WTT with Jay and Kanye they were just working together, making each track, while having fun. Just my two cents. Both albums are great.

Originally Posted by Chonky Monk

Cole World 22:

Well that's the issue. I don't have a problem with people liking music because of the beats. No problem AT ALL.

The problem comes into play when people crown the artist (Kanye West) as a top RAPPER, when they don't even like the track for it's lyrics, they like it for the beats. Don't crown Kanye West as a great RAPPER, crown NO I.D. as a great PRODUCER.

That's what annoys me.

Originally Posted by Chonky Monk

Cole World 22:

Well that's the issue. I don't have a problem with people liking music because of the beats. No problem AT ALL.

The problem comes into play when people crown the artist (Kanye West) as a top RAPPER, when they don't even like the track for it's lyrics, they like it for the beats. Don't crown Kanye West as a great RAPPER, crown NO I.D. as a great PRODUCER.

That's what annoys me.

sick.gif

You just told me "KANYE WEST" is one of the worse lyrical rappers ever 
roll.gif
. FTR J.Cole Would probably make sure you never get a copy of cole world for saying something that stupid

sick.gif

You just told me "KANYE WEST" is one of the worse lyrical rappers ever 
roll.gif
. FTR J.Cole Would probably make sure you never get a copy of cole world for saying something that stupid

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

sick.gif

This is what I've been saying for years.

Dude gets the "Lifetime 'I Made College Dropout' " pass.

Okay, dude's first album was a classic. Why? Because it had Grade-A production with mediocre rhymes.

What has he done since? He's made albums with Grade-B- production and Grade-F+ lyrics.

But he still gets a pass because he made College Dropout.

#+%% is disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom