<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

If you want pure lyrics that are just full of fairy tale metaphors and crazy car rattling beats. Then this album isn't for you. No shame in that. It does not mean that you have a poor taste in music or that the rest of us are engulfed in hype. IT JUST IS NOT FOR YOU.

THIS

Pure lyrics and fairy tale metaphors are two completely different things. Crazy car rattling beats?
laugh.gif
That's neither here nor there.

You said that as if those 3 things are tied together.

Pure lyrics = Cole, AZ

Fairy Tale metaphors = Wale

Car rattling beats = trash southern rappers like Waka and Gucci.

I don't know how you tied those 3 things together.

My conclusion was drawn based off the the reading i did this last few days about this post.
Kanye is not lyrical enough, jay says the same things etc.

beats are ehhhhh.....

But as for J.Cole being pure lyrics. Lets stop right there. I've been a real fan of Cole since shortly after the come up "I have the proof of the download and its date of orgin for anyone that thinks im kidding". But pure lyrics eehhhhhhh not quite. He is getting there but not quite. The way he makes clever lyrics that have a meaning is his most impressive attribute imo.

Wale...post MMG...yes you are correct..

Mixtape about nothing -More about Nothing not so much

But that is for a different topic on a different day. But I get what you are saying.

If you want pure lyrics that are just full of fairy tale metaphors and crazy car rattling beats. Then this album isn't for you. No shame in that. It does not mean that you have a poor taste in music or that the rest of us are engulfed in hype. IT JUST IS NOT FOR YOU.

THIS

Pure lyrics and fairy tale metaphors are two completely different things. Crazy car rattling beats?
laugh.gif

Pure lyrics = Cole, AZ

My conclusion was drawn based off the the reading i did this last few days about this post.
Kanye is not lyrical enough, jay says the same things etc.

beats are ehhhhh.....

But as for J.Cole being pure lyrics. Lets stop right there. I've been a real fan of Cole since shortly after the come up "I have the proof of the download and its date of orgin for anyone that thinks im kidding". But pure lyrics eehhhhhhh not quite. He is getting there but not quite. The way he makes clever lyrics that have a meaning is his most impressive attribute imo.

Wale...post MMG...yes you are correct..

Mixtape about nothing -More about Nothing not so much

But that is for a different topic on a different day. But I get what you are saying.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ putting him on a pedestal? Cause dude is really nice right now? Nah. Who's nicer right now?

Who's nicer right now? You want a whole list?

Dudes on Twitter love to roast CyHi Da Prince and his #StruggleBars.

I mean this honestly... they're the same rapper. Both are boring, both rap about nothing, and both have no mic presence. When I hear them rap, I say "shut the $*%% up already." The ONLY difference between the two is that Kanye West is wildly annoying (his "HAH!" ad-libs especially), and CyHi isn't annoying, just VERY boring.
Says the cole fan
roll.gif

THIS

laugh.gif

Pure lyrics = Cole, AZ

Thanks for missing the main point of what dude said after the first sentence, instead preferring to argue semantics
30t6p3b.gif
This music board is trash. Oh well.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ putting him on a pedestal? Cause dude is really nice right now? Nah. Who's nicer right now?

Who's nicer right now? You want a whole list?

Dudes on Twitter love to roast CyHi Da Prince and his #StruggleBars.

I mean this honestly... they're the same rapper. Both are boring, both rap about nothing, and both have no mic presence. When I hear them rap, I say "shut the $*%% up already." The ONLY difference between the two is that Kanye West is wildly annoying (his "HAH!" ad-libs especially), and CyHi isn't annoying, just VERY boring.
Says the cole fan
roll.gif

THIS

laugh.gif

Pure lyrics = Cole, AZ

Thanks for missing the main point of what dude said after the first sentence, instead preferring to argue semantics
30t6p3b.gif
This music board is trash. Oh well.

Kanye is good when it comes to lyrics.

I do cringe though every time I hear that E.T. song. I try to act like that never happened.

Kanye is good when it comes to lyrics.

I do cringe though every time I hear that E.T. song. I try to act like that never happened.

Damn this thread is all over the place.
laugh.gif

Finally got around to listening to the entire album and it's a good album.

Upon 1st listen, not feeling some of the songs like Lift Off or No Church in the Wild like other NTers but to each their own.

Damn this thread is all over the place.
laugh.gif

Finally got around to listening to the entire album and it's a good album.

Upon 1st listen, not feeling some of the songs like Lift Off or No Church in the Wild like other NTers but to each their own.

Originally Posted by Flight8403

Originally Posted by tyisny

Kanye West... raw lyrical ability? You have got to be kidding me. This dude is one of the worst lyrical rappers forever. Son been relying on his production his entire career, that's why he ain't been *+%@ since College Dropout. And I don't give a %$%* how many records he sells. White people who don't know *+%@ about "raw lyrical ability" are the ones buying these albums.

There's rappers who haven't sold a million albums in their career (Cole, AZ) who have individual verses that show more "raw lyrical ability" than Kanye's entire career combined.

If you want to praise his "songs," that's fine. I'll disagree and move on.

But if you praise this man's lyrics, you're definitely ******ed.
You just told me "KANYE WEST" is one of the worse lyrical rappers ever 
roll.gif
. FTR J.Cole Would probably make sure you never get a copy of cole world for saying something that stupid

@tyisny-homie u hit it right on the money 
Kanye and Jay are ARTIST, they are not MFDOOM or Common or whatever dude that is spittin on the corner of whatever ave you can think of.

Overall talent is what this album showcases throughout. Versatility is everywhere on this album.

I look at Jay and Ye as the MJ and Kobe of the game.

They might not have all kinds of highlights like they did in the early days. But overall the make one hell of a package.

Jay is my favorite RAPPER of all time. I still to this day believe he is the GOAT

as far as music is concerned, I have never seen a more complete ARTIST like Kanye. From the standpoint of skills as a traditional rapper, production, changing the game with the trends in music making. Like a lot of people look at College Dropout as his end all be all, but for me LATE REGISTRATION, 808's, & MBDTF is where he sealed the deal as a legend in the making. Name one other person talent wise can even come close to this guy. 

as tyisny mentioned before there are some real life lyrics that hit home on this album, that are mean, ugly and gritty but it is still a commercial success. 

Nothing wrong with that. Their ability to not sell out to the masses "WIZ" "WAYNE" and still have an album that is number one in like 25 countries means they are doing something right.
There are no more fans people, just stans.
...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You are the same guys who go
eek.gif
over simple punchlines because someone you idolize as "so great" said it.

They don't even sound good together, no chemistry whatsoever. Sounds very forced.

You're blinded by the talent and his charisma and his "bigger than life" persona, but at the end of the day as a RAPPER he is average, and you can't even handle the fact that he is NOT GREAT in every possible. People are so eager to label GOATS and LEGENDS and CLASSICS.....Kanye is one of the best producers of our time and will be remembered for that and for the songs he makes, but to say "raw lyrical talent"......lol. 

I've seen a lot of "it has to grow on me" replies like....you don't think its an
eek.gif
album but you have to replay it over and over and hear it on the radio over and over until you can label it classic....Hip Hip is not the only genre of music you know but then again this is NT.

The tolerance for dumbed down lyrics, what happened to Hip Hop.

Kanye West... raw lyrical ability? You have got to be kidding me. This dude is one of the worst lyrical rappers forever. Son been relying on his production his entire career, that's why he ain't been *+%@ since College Dropout. And I don't give a %$%* how many records he sells. White people who don't know *+%@ about "raw lyrical ability" are the ones buying these albums.

There's rappers who haven't sold a million albums in their career (Cole, AZ) who have individual verses that show more "raw lyrical ability" than Kanye's entire career combined.

If you want to praise his "songs," that's fine. I'll disagree and move on.

But if you praise this man's lyrics, you're definitely ******ed.
roll.gif
. FTR J.Cole Would probably make sure you never get a copy of cole world for saying something that stupid

Kanye and Jay are ARTIST, they are not MFDOOM or Common or whatever dude that is spittin on the corner of whatever ave you can think of.

Overall talent is what this album showcases throughout. Versatility is everywhere on this album.

They might not have all kinds of highlights like they did in the early days. But overall the make one hell of a package.

Jay is my favorite RAPPER of all time. I still to this day believe he is the GOAT

as far as music is concerned, I have never seen a more complete ARTIST like Kanye. From the standpoint of skills as a traditional rapper, production, changing the game with the trends in music making. Like a lot of people look at College Dropout as his end all be all, but for me LATE REGISTRATION, 808's, & MBDTF is where he sealed the deal as a legend in the making. Name one other person talent wise can even come close to this guy. 

as tyisny mentioned before there are some real life lyrics that hit home on this album, that are mean, ugly and gritty but it is still a commercial success. 

Nothing wrong with that. Their ability to not sell out to the masses "WIZ" "WAYNE" and still have an album that is number one in like 25 countries means they are doing something right.
...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You are the same guys who go
eek.gif
over simple punchlines because someone you idolize as "so great" said it.

They don't even sound good together, no chemistry whatsoever. Sounds very forced.

You're blinded by the talent and his charisma and his "bigger than life" persona, but at the end of the day as a RAPPER he is average, and you can't even handle the fact that he is NOT GREAT in every possible. People are so eager to label GOATS and LEGENDS and CLASSICS.....Kanye is one of the best producers of our time and will be remembered for that and for the songs he makes, but to say "raw lyrical talent"......lol. 

I've seen a lot of "it has to grow on me" replies like....you don't think its an
eek.gif
album but you have to replay it over and over and hear it on the radio over and over until you can label it classic....Hip Hip is not the only genre of music you know but then again this is NT.

Right when the album dropped everyone was posting "
pimp.gif
"s and praising the album. It went on for over 20 pages before someone posted the first negative opinion and then suddenly an entire army of dudes join in. Like where were you dudes right off the back? Why did you have to wait until someone gave their opinion first before stating yours. Some people just hating just to hate now. Calling 'Ye the worst lyricist if all-time yet having a J.Cole sn 
grin.gif
 and some dudes going overboard with the praise by calling it classic already.

Right when the album dropped everyone was posting "
pimp.gif
"s and praising the album. It went on for over 20 pages before someone posted the first negative opinion and then suddenly an entire army of dudes join in. Like where were you dudes right off the back? Why did you have to wait until someone gave their opinion first before stating yours. Some people just hating just to hate now. Calling 'Ye the worst lyricist if all-time yet having a J.Cole sn 
grin.gif
 and some dudes going overboard with the praise by calling it classic already.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

roll.gif

...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You Are The Same Guys Who Go  Over Simple Punchlines Because Someone You Idolize As "So Great" Said It.

eek.gif

Ok i'll be that guy.
Seems to me you that guy steady spammin the F out of all your facebook friends with your new mixtape, produced, mixed, and written by you, and is just mad at the world because your GOD given supernatural true hip hop talent is overlooked by all these Commercial musicians.

I get it... YOU MAD.

roll.gif

...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You Are The Same Guys Who Go  Over Simple Punchlines Because Someone You Idolize As "So Great" Said It.

eek.gif

Ok i'll be that guy.
Seems to me you that guy steady spammin the F out of all your facebook friends with your new mixtape, produced, mixed, and written by you, and is just mad at the world because your GOD given supernatural true hip hop talent is overlooked by all these Commercial musicians.

I get it... YOU MAD.

eek.gif

Ok i'll be that guy.

I get it... YOU MAD.
So you're rebuttal is to come at one of my many hobbies? You lost.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom