<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

The last few pages of this thread is ridiculous...multiple paragraphs about an album you don't even like? "That shhh cray"
99124221did_not_read.gif

The last few pages of this thread is ridiculous...multiple paragraphs about an album you don't even like? "That shhh cray"
99124221did_not_read.gif

Man them pictures of Big and Pac are scary

RIP wish they was still here to see how far they crews have gone let alone hip hop

Man them pictures of Big and Pac are scary

RIP wish they was still here to see how far they crews have gone let alone hip hop

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Flight8403

Originally Posted by tyisny

There are no more fans people, just stans

....and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You are the same guys who go
eek.gif
over simple punchlines because someone you idolize as "so great" said it.

They don't even sound good together, no chemistry whatsoever. Sounds very forced.

You're blinded by the talent and his charisma and his "bigger than life" persona, but at the end of the day as a RAPPER he is average, and you can't even handle the fact that he is NOT GREAT in every possible. People are so eager to label GOATS and LEGENDS and CLASSICS.....Kanye is one of the best producers of our time and will be remembered for that and for the songs he makes, but to say "raw lyrical talent"......lol. 

I've seen a lot of "it has to grow on me" replies like....you don't think its an
eek.gif
album but you have to replay it over and over and hear it on the radio over and over until you can label it classic
....Hip Hip is not the only genre of music you know but then again this is NT.

The tolerance for dumbed down lyrics, what happened to Hip Hop.

Not sure why dude's comeback to you was just to clown you as an upcoming artist or whatever, cause you definitely made some good points, especially what I bolded.

The only "it has to grow on me" albums I know are the ones that aren't good, so you go back to see if you 2nd (or 3rd) guessed yourself:

Raekwon - Lex Diamond Story
Memphis Bleek - 534
Joe Budden - Joe Budden
Jay-Z - Disc 1 of Blueprint 2 & BP3
Eminem - Encore, Relapse, & Recovery (sort of)
Shawnna - Worth The Weight

^^^^All those albums I gave a chance with multiple listens to "grow on me", and each were as as bad or mediocre as I thought on
the first listen. And even though I do have low expectations of Watch The Throne like I said before, I'll find out if I'm pleasantly surprised,
or it fits right in with those.

Originally Posted by tyisny

....and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You are the same guys who go
eek.gif

They don't even sound good together, no chemistry whatsoever. Sounds very forced.

You're blinded by the talent and his charisma and his "bigger than life" persona, but at the end of the day as a RAPPER he is average, and you can't even handle the fact that he is NOT GREAT in every possible. People are so eager to label GOATS and LEGENDS and CLASSICS.....Kanye is one of the best producers of our time and will be remembered for that and for the songs he makes, but to say "raw lyrical talent"......lol. 

I've seen a lot of "it has to grow on me" replies like....you don't think its an
eek.gif
album but you have to replay it over and over and hear it on the radio over and over until you can label it classic

Not sure why dude's comeback to you was just to clown you as an upcoming artist or whatever, cause you definitely made some good points, especially what I bolded.

The only "it has to grow on me" albums I know are the ones that aren't good, so you go back to see if you 2nd (or 3rd) guessed yourself:

Memphis Bleek - 534
Joe Budden - Joe Budden

^^^^All those albums I gave a chance with multiple listens to "grow on me", and each were as as bad or mediocre as I thought on
the first listen. And even though I do have low expectations of Watch The Throne like I said before, I'll find out if I'm pleasantly surprised,

Originally Posted by haiti5

Man WHAT ARE YALL EVEN ARGUING ABOUT..????!!!!!!

IS THE ALBUM A CLASSIC? NO.

IS IT TRASH? NO.

IT IS DOPE THOUGH. it has its place. in the clubs and in cars.

Yeppers.

Originally Posted by haiti5

Man WHAT ARE YALL EVEN ARGUING ABOUT..????!!!!!!

IS THE ALBUM A CLASSIC? NO.

IS IT TRASH? NO.

IT IS DOPE THOUGH. it has its place. in the clubs and in cars.

Yeppers.

My post was commenting only to people claiming Ye is great in all aspects on his craft when he isn't....and I respect him in the areas that are his strong suit such as making good songs, excellent and creative production, etc.Saying Jay-Z and Ye have no chemistry on this is not hating or being elitist, its a fair judgement coming as a fan of both artists. Sorry if I don't think everything they spew is gold.
You know what the first statement here is? An opinion. Same as the second one. Same asyour styememt saying that albums that "grow on you" aren't classics. IT'S YOUR OPINION.An while we're at it, I'll give an equally fair and valid one: I thought they worked well together on the LP. The difference is though is that I'm not gonna say my stance on it is absolute fact like you're implying here. If you disagree fine. Different strokes for different folks, word to Todd Bridges.Enjoy the music.

My post was commenting only to people claiming Ye is great in all aspects on his craft when he isn't....and I respect him in the areas that are his strong suit such as making good songs, excellent and creative production, etc.Saying Jay-Z and Ye have no chemistry on this is not hating or being elitist, its a fair judgement coming as a fan of both artists. Sorry if I don't think everything they spew is gold.
You know what the first statement here is? An opinion. Same as the second one. Same asyour styememt saying that albums that "grow on you" aren't classics. IT'S YOUR OPINION.An while we're at it, I'll give an equally fair and valid one: I thought they worked well together on the LP. The difference is though is that I'm not gonna say my stance on it is absolute fact like you're implying here. If you disagree fine. Different strokes for different folks, word to Todd Bridges.Enjoy the music.

People really saying that there was no chemistry between 'Ye and Jay? Show me some examples of what you would consider being good chemistry between 2 artists because I can't see how someone would say that when they had great chemistry on the album. The back and forth between them on a couple of tracks was great.

People really saying that there was no chemistry between 'Ye and Jay? Show me some examples of what you would consider being good chemistry between 2 artists because I can't see how someone would say that when they had great chemistry on the album. The back and forth between them on a couple of tracks was great.

I'll just say this.

20 years from now...

We're putting on Kanye's albums to reflect this time period......over your J. Cole's, Kendrick Lamar's, etc.
Oh, and allow me to clarify something.

Is 'Ye a great rapper? Nah. He's a good one, though. and can sometimes have his 
eek.gif
 moments.

But as a rapper, producer, showman......an artist in hip hop....who's better?

I mean, you dudes are so insistent on bottling rappers into being JUST rappers. Why not let a rapper be an ARTIST?

I'll just say this.

20 years from now...

We're putting on Kanye's albums to reflect this time period......over your J. Cole's, Kendrick Lamar's, etc.

eek.gif
 moments.

I mean, you dudes are so insistent on bottling rappers into being JUST rappers. Why not let a rapper be an ARTIST?

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

If YOU thought the chemistry was great (a subjective quality btw) then that's all that matters. Pay him no mind.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

eek.gif

eek.gif

Memphis Bleek - 534
Joe Budden - Joe Budden

You should've just listened to the album before coming to this thread and taken the time to form your own opinion cause there's only 2 sides in this thread. Those in love with it and those that despise it and since you already had low expectations you're most likely only looking at the negative reviews people have given it so you're most likely biased and looking not to like it so it's already doomed in your opinion. You should just ignore whatever anyone has said in this thread and take the time to carefully listen to the album and base your opinion around how you feel about it and not how others on here do.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I'll just say this.

20 years from now...

eek.gif
 moments.

Pretty much what it comes down to. The people who constantly praise 'Ye love him as an artist . Knowing that he might not be the greatest rapper but his whole package,the producing,showmanship,artistic visions in his videos and even his style is what pushes him right to the top of the industry. He's the total package. It's just that there aren't a lot of rappers like that right now but thankfully we're starting to see a lot of multidimensional rappers coming up like Cole and Krit who are considered good artists. Personally I'm more interested in listening and checking for dudes that I consider good artists than someone who's a good rapper but nothing more. There's plenty of great rappers but there aren't too many great artists in the genre. 

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

If YOU thought the chemistry was great (a subjective quality btw) then that's all that matters. Pay him no mind.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

eek.gif

eek.gif

Memphis Bleek - 534
Joe Budden - Joe Budden

You should've just listened to the album before coming to this thread and taken the time to form your own opinion cause there's only 2 sides in this thread. Those in love with it and those that despise it and since you already had low expectations you're most likely only looking at the negative reviews people have given it so you're most likely biased and looking not to like it so it's already doomed in your opinion. You should just ignore whatever anyone has said in this thread and take the time to carefully listen to the album and base your opinion around how you feel about it and not how others on here do.

I'll just say this.

20 years from now...

eek.gif
 moments.

Pretty much what it comes down to. The people who constantly praise 'Ye love him as an artist . Knowing that he might not be the greatest rapper but his whole package,the producing,showmanship,artistic visions in his videos and even his style is what pushes him right to the top of the industry. He's the total package. It's just that there aren't a lot of rappers like that right now but thankfully we're starting to see a lot of multidimensional rappers coming up like Cole and Krit who are considered good artists. Personally I'm more interested in listening and checking for dudes that I consider good artists than someone who's a good rapper but nothing more. There's plenty of great rappers but there aren't too many great artists in the genre. 

I'll just say this.

20 years from now...

eek.gif
 moments.

pimp.gif

I'll just say this.

20 years from now...

eek.gif
 moments.

pimp.gif

And once again If you sit here and tell me that this album is nothing more than "Rich Bragging Rap" There is no way possible that you are listening and your simply using the same bias that "credible" reviewers always use for Jay album.... although hes 15 years in and hes reached a plateau no other rapper has saw he talks about himself too much
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Broke !%!#*% want to sit around and listen to other broke !%!#*% talk over beats.

Thats all its come down to. Because if you was getting money, you wouldn't have a problem with this album.

eyes.gif

Now you KNOW getting money has nothing to do with the situation. There are "broke" people who do enjoy WTT, and there are people who are "getting money" that hate this album as well.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Broke !%!#*% want to sit around and listen to other broke !%!#*% talk over beats.

Thats all its come down to. Because if you was getting money, you wouldn't have a problem with this album.

eyes.gif

Now you KNOW getting money has nothing to do with the situation. There are "broke" people who do enjoy WTT, and there are people who are "getting money" that hate this album as well.

Back
Top Bottom