<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ putting him on a pedestal? Cause dude is really nice right now? Nah. Who's nicer right now?

Who's nicer right now? You want a whole list?

Yes.

Have it on my desk by morning.

It'll serve as a good laugh when drinking my coffee, right before I start reading tomorrow's NYT.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ putting him on a pedestal? Cause dude is really nice right now? Nah. Who's nicer right now?

Who's nicer right now? You want a whole list?

Yes.

Have it on my desk by morning.

It'll serve as a good laugh when drinking my coffee, right before I start reading tomorrow's NYT.

Originally Posted by Flight8403

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

@tyisny-homie u hit it right on the money 
Kanye and Jay are ARTIST, they are not MFDOOM or Common or whatever dude that is spittin on the corner of whatever ave you can think of.

If you want pure lyrics that are just full of fairy tale metaphors and crazy car rattling beats. Then this album isn't for you. No shame in that. It does not mean that you have a poor taste in music or that the rest of us are engulfed in hype. IT JUST IS NOT FOR YOU.

Overall talent is what this album showcases throughout. Versatility is everywhere on this album.

I look at Jay and Ye as the MJ and Kobe of the game.

They might not have all kinds of highlights like they did in the early days. But overall the make one hell of a package.

Jay is my favorite RAPPER of all time. I still to this day believe he is the GOAT

as far as music is concerned, I have never seen a more complete ARTIST like Kanye. From the standpoint of skills as a traditional rapper, production, changing the game with the trends in music making. Like a lot of people look at College Dropout as his end all be all, but for me LATE REGISTRATION, 808's, & MBDTF is where he sealed the deal as a legend in the making. Name one other person talent wise can even come close to this guy. 

as tyisny mentioned before there are some real life lyrics that hit home on this album, that are mean, ugly and gritty but it is still a commercial success. 

Nothing wrong with that. Their ability to not sell out to the masses "WIZ" "WAYNE" and still have an album that is number one in like 25 countries means they are doing something right.
There are no more fans people, just stans.
...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You Are The Same Guys Who Go  Over Simple Punchlines Because Someone You Idolize As "So Great" Said It.

They don't even sound good together, no chemistry whatsoever. Sounds very forced.

You're blinded by the talent and his charisma and his "bigger than life" persona, but at the end of the day as a RAPPER he is average, and you can't even handle the fact that he is NOT GREAT in every possible. People are so eager to label GOATS and LEGENDS and CLASSICS.....Kanye is one of the best producers of our time and will be remembered for that and for the songs he makes, but to say "raw lyrical talent"......lol. 

I've seen a lot of "it has to grow on me" replies like....you don't think its an
eek.gif
album but you have to replay it over and over and hear it on the radio over and over until you can label it classic....Hip Hip is not the only genre of music you know but then again this is NT.

The tolerance for dumbed down lyrics, what happened to Hip Hop.
Ok i'll be that guy.
Seems to me you that guy steady spammin the F out of all your facebook friends with your new mixtape, produced, mixed, and written by you, and is just mad at the world because your GOD given supernatural true hip hop talent is overlooked by all these Commercial musicians.

I get it... YOU MAD.
So you're rebuttal is to come at one of my many hobbies? You lost.
smile.gif

Kanye and Jay are ARTIST, they are not MFDOOM or Common or whatever dude that is spittin on the corner of whatever ave you can think of.

If you want pure lyrics that are just full of fairy tale metaphors and crazy car rattling beats. Then this album isn't for you. No shame in that. It does not mean that you have a poor taste in music or that the rest of us are engulfed in hype. IT JUST IS NOT FOR YOU.

Overall talent is what this album showcases throughout. Versatility is everywhere on this album.

They might not have all kinds of highlights like they did in the early days. But overall the make one hell of a package.

Jay is my favorite RAPPER of all time. I still to this day believe he is the GOAT

as far as music is concerned, I have never seen a more complete ARTIST like Kanye. From the standpoint of skills as a traditional rapper, production, changing the game with the trends in music making. Like a lot of people look at College Dropout as his end all be all, but for me LATE REGISTRATION, 808's, & MBDTF is where he sealed the deal as a legend in the making. Name one other person talent wise can even come close to this guy. 

as tyisny mentioned before there are some real life lyrics that hit home on this album, that are mean, ugly and gritty but it is still a commercial success. 

Nothing wrong with that. Their ability to not sell out to the masses "WIZ" "WAYNE" and still have an album that is number one in like 25 countries means they are doing something right.
...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You Are The Same Guys Who Go  Over Simple Punchlines Because Someone You Idolize As "So Great" Said It.

They don't even sound good together, no chemistry whatsoever. Sounds very forced.

You're blinded by the talent and his charisma and his "bigger than life" persona, but at the end of the day as a RAPPER he is average, and you can't even handle the fact that he is NOT GREAT in every possible. People are so eager to label GOATS and LEGENDS and CLASSICS.....Kanye is one of the best producers of our time and will be remembered for that and for the songs he makes, but to say "raw lyrical talent"......lol. 

I've seen a lot of "it has to grow on me" replies like....you don't think its an
eek.gif
album but you have to replay it over and over and hear it on the radio over and over until you can label it classic....Hip Hip is not the only genre of music you know but then again this is NT.

Ok i'll be that guy.
Seems to me you that guy steady spammin the F out of all your facebook friends with your new mixtape, produced, mixed, and written by you, and is just mad at the world because your GOD given supernatural true hip hop talent is overlooked by all these Commercial musicians.

I get it... YOU MAD.

What does that have to do with Kanye's lyricism tho? Now you just taking shots to take shots.

eek.gif

Ok i'll be that guy.

I get it... YOU MAD.

What does that have to do with Kanye's lyricism tho? Now you just taking shots to take shots.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

#WTT = Two $%$$%$ talking %#+% with white linen pants on, with their legs crossed, sipping vintage wine and eating cheese.

This is the truth right here.I've never seen folks eat up an album with a bunch of sampled euro club tracks .yall must be some strictly hip hop heads or some serious stans.

Honestly if you even look at this album you will see this is not an album by two friends going at it on wax or that they are homeboys.This sounds like a strictly business venture .Like they are trying to expand their terroritory into european clubs.Its like they want to tackle real subject matter but then they say Nah thats too deep they aint tryna hear that lets cut the content in half and throw some dj tiesto in for good measure.Its sad this album feels watered down and directionless.Jay Z himself couldnt talk about the album to angie martinez .Yall let these fools repackage warehouse dubstep and trance and sell it to yall like its some higher end stuff.This is some sweatshop 500 dollar purse rap.This album literally has  quick burst of brilliance that disappear when you realize they are about to rap about the same %%% from the last tracks.They take advantage of the beat dropping alot and get folks hyped and let that disappear into thin air.
NOTE NOTHING ABOUT THIS ALBUM SOUNDS LIKE THEY INVITING U INTO SOMETHING NEW THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOINT COMPLEX ROLLINGSTONE INTERVIEW OF KANYE AND JAY Z ON WAX

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

#WTT = Two $%$$%$ talking %#+% with white linen pants on, with their legs crossed, sipping vintage wine and eating cheese.

This is the truth right here.I've never seen folks eat up an album with a bunch of sampled euro club tracks .yall must be some strictly hip hop heads or some serious stans.

Honestly if you even look at this album you will see this is not an album by two friends going at it on wax or that they are homeboys.This sounds like a strictly business venture .Like they are trying to expand their terroritory into european clubs.Its like they want to tackle real subject matter but then they say Nah thats too deep they aint tryna hear that lets cut the content in half and throw some dj tiesto in for good measure.Its sad this album feels watered down and directionless.Jay Z himself couldnt talk about the album to angie martinez .Yall let these fools repackage warehouse dubstep and trance and sell it to yall like its some higher end stuff.This is some sweatshop 500 dollar purse rap.This album literally has  quick burst of brilliance that disappear when you realize they are about to rap about the same %%% from the last tracks.They take advantage of the beat dropping alot and get folks hyped and let that disappear into thin air.
NOTE NOTHING ABOUT THIS ALBUM SOUNDS LIKE THEY INVITING U INTO SOMETHING NEW THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOINT COMPLEX ROLLINGSTONE INTERVIEW OF KANYE AND JAY Z ON WAX

Originally Posted by tyisny

You just told me "KANYE WEST" is one of the worse lyrical rappers ever 
roll.gif
. FTR J.Cole Would probably make sure you never get a copy of cole world for saying something that stupid

...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You are the same guys who go
eek.gif
over simple punchlines because someone you idolize as "so great" said it.

eek.gif

Nope. What happened to hip-hop is the continued tolerance for elitist ++!#*%*# such as yourself who insist that YOUR musical taste is somehow more "correct" or "better" than someone else's who differs from you. All in an art form that encourages freedom of personal expression, not stifle it or require its artists to conform to any one standard. That is more arrogant and self-centered than anything else.

Yall clowns enjoy going at the necks of people who like the album or Kanye's music/lyrics. Gotta put this album on blast and get in my zone
wink.gif

Originally Posted by tyisny

You just told me "KANYE WEST" is one of the worse lyrical rappers ever 
roll.gif
. FTR J.Cole Would probably make sure you never get a copy of cole world for saying something that stupid

...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You are the same guys who go
eek.gif

eek.gif

Nope. What happened to hip-hop is the continued tolerance for elitist ++!#*%*# such as yourself who insist that YOUR musical taste is somehow more "correct" or "better" than someone else's who differs from you. All in an art form that encourages freedom of personal expression, not stifle it or require its artists to conform to any one standard. That is more arrogant and self-centered than anything else.

Yall clowns enjoy going at the necks of people who like the album or Kanye's music/lyrics. Gotta put this album on blast and get in my zone
wink.gif

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

eek.gif

eek.gif

wink.gif
...and I said I enjoyed the album, not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, some dope tracks, some meh tracks, and some tracks that do not belong. Close to a 4 out of 5 (more like 3.75 out of 5).
My post was commenting only to people claiming Ye is great in all aspects on his craft when he isn't....and I respect him in the areas that are his strong suit such as making good songs, excellent and creative production, etc.

Saying Jay-Z and Ye have no chemistry on this is not hating or being elitist, its a fair judgement coming as a fan of both artists. Sorry if I don't think everything they spew is gold.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

eek.gif

eek.gif

wink.gif
...and I said I enjoyed the album, not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, some dope tracks, some meh tracks, and some tracks that do not belong. Close to a 4 out of 5 (more like 3.75 out of 5).
My post was commenting only to people claiming Ye is great in all aspects on his craft when he isn't....and I respect him in the areas that are his strong suit such as making good songs, excellent and creative production, etc.

Saying Jay-Z and Ye have no chemistry on this is not hating or being elitist, its a fair judgement coming as a fan of both artists. Sorry if I don't think everything they spew is gold.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

eek.gif

Ok i'll be that guy.

I get it... YOU MAD.

Hey it is what it is. 
This is just NT 

last I checked none of us were anything more than an opinion.

The fact that we are now being judged as knowing music vs not knowing based on our tastes is LAME.

I stated if you dont like the music then you dont like the album plain as that. No shots taken. Me personally I would never judge a person based on their tastes. But I sure am not the law when it comes to what is great and what is not. Seems to me though that most of this post has been a bunch of people trying to change peoples opinions through silly remarks regarding our taste in music. Some music just appeals to others more than it does to other people. This whole who is commercial and who isnt talk is lame. Kanye sold out is a joke imo. Dude has always been an artist that appealed to a mass audience, so at what point did he have to resort to selling out?

But hey I stated my OPINION on the album, not expecting anyone to care. Just wanted to speak my thoughts on it for the hell of it.

Im good though, Album was what I expected nothing more, nothing less. 

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

eek.gif

Ok i'll be that guy.

I get it... YOU MAD.

Hey it is what it is. 
This is just NT 

last I checked none of us were anything more than an opinion.

The fact that we are now being judged as knowing music vs not knowing based on our tastes is LAME.

I stated if you dont like the music then you dont like the album plain as that. No shots taken. Me personally I would never judge a person based on their tastes. But I sure am not the law when it comes to what is great and what is not. Seems to me though that most of this post has been a bunch of people trying to change peoples opinions through silly remarks regarding our taste in music. Some music just appeals to others more than it does to other people. This whole who is commercial and who isnt talk is lame. Kanye sold out is a joke imo. Dude has always been an artist that appealed to a mass audience, so at what point did he have to resort to selling out?

But hey I stated my OPINION on the album, not expecting anyone to care. Just wanted to speak my thoughts on it for the hell of it.

Im good though, Album was what I expected nothing more, nothing less. 

Man WHAT ARE YALL EVEN ARGUING ABOUT..????!!!!!!

IS THE ALBUM A CLASSIC? NO.

IS IT TRASH? NO.

IT IS DOPE THOUGH. it has its place. in the clubs and in cars.

Man WHAT ARE YALL EVEN ARGUING ABOUT..????!!!!!!

IS THE ALBUM A CLASSIC? NO.

IS IT TRASH? NO.

IT IS DOPE THOUGH. it has its place. in the clubs and in cars.

and BTW  that lil section of Welcome to the Jungle where Hov goes ape %@!+
eek.gif
... The Word Play, The Way him and Ye are pretty much questioning God on taking away those important... Then Jays Goes Off into Naming some of the greats/ while at the same time showing the failure of this "dream" and the damages Fame Causes to the artist

My "Dreams" are Big

Notorious+BIG.jpg

"Reality" Set in, Let off A clip From an Automatic Weapon

notoriousbulletholes.jpg

Three shots in The Door, It Died In Vegas, Tho it fought so Hard I knew it wouldnt Make It (Referring to Pac Almost surviving the shots/ Knowing that pacs attitude lifestyle wouldnt make it in America)

TupacCover.jpg

Im a tortured Soul I live in the skys/Live in disguise... Rest In Peace to the leader of the Jackson 5

article-0-02C9EAF8000005DC-910_468x850.jpg

I Died In My sleep Im Still "Big Pimpin" I Ball At the mall "beginning of the ending"

vibe_pimp_c.jpg

(I may have reached with this)My tears are tatted, my rag in my pocket, im jus lookin for love i know somebody got it/ Champagne For the pain, Weed for the low, Goddamn Im so high, Where The $@*% did i go? (Wayne was being paved as the next hip-hop great but his reliance on drugs became heavy and many feel that they have turned him to a completely new artist and simply a shell of his old self)

img_2472_lil-wayne-how-to-love.jpg

Im losin myself, Im stuck in the moment, I look In the Mirror My only opponent
images

and BTW  that lil section of Welcome to the Jungle where Hov goes ape %@!+
eek.gif
... The Word Play, The Way him and Ye are pretty much questioning God on taking away those important... Then Jays Goes Off into Naming some of the greats/ while at the same time showing the failure of this "dream" and the damages Fame Causes to the artist

My "Dreams" are Big

Notorious+BIG.jpg

"Reality" Set in, Let off A clip From an Automatic Weapon

notoriousbulletholes.jpg

Three shots in The Door, It Died In Vegas, Tho it fought so Hard I knew it wouldnt Make It (Referring to Pac Almost surviving the shots/ Knowing that pacs attitude lifestyle wouldnt make it in America)

TupacCover.jpg

Im a tortured Soul I live in the skys/Live in disguise... Rest In Peace to the leader of the Jackson 5

article-0-02C9EAF8000005DC-910_468x850.jpg

I Died In My sleep Im Still "Big Pimpin" I Ball At the mall "beginning of the ending"

vibe_pimp_c.jpg

(I may have reached with this)My tears are tatted, my rag in my pocket, im jus lookin for love i know somebody got it/ Champagne For the pain, Weed for the low, Goddamn Im so high, Where The $@*% did i go? (Wayne was being paved as the next hip-hop great but his reliance on drugs became heavy and many feel that they have turned him to a completely new artist and simply a shell of his old self)

img_2472_lil-wayne-how-to-love.jpg

Im losin myself, Im stuck in the moment, I look In the Mirror My only opponent
images

Broke !%!#*% want to sit around and listen to other broke !%!#*% talk over beats.

Thats all its come down to. Because if you was getting money, you wouldn't have a problem with this album.

Broke !%!#*% want to sit around and listen to other broke !%!#*% talk over beats.

Thats all its come down to. Because if you was getting money, you wouldn't have a problem with this album.

Back
Top Bottom