<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

And once again If you sit here and tell me that this album is nothing more than "Rich Bragging Rap" There is no way possible that you are listening and your simply using the same bias that "credible" reviewers always use for Jay album.... although hes 15 years in and hes reached a plateau no other rapper has saw he talks about himself too much
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

You should've just listened to the album before coming to this thread and taken the time to form your own opinion cause there's only 2 sides in this thread. Those in love with it and those that despise it and since you already had low expectations you're most likely only looking at the negative reviews people have given it so you're most likely biased and looking not to like it so it's already doomed in your opinion. You should just ignore whatever anyone has said in this thread and take the time to carefully listen to the album and base your opinion around how you feel about it and not how others on here do.

Nah, I had low expectations of the album before I even came in here. Those low expectations were based on certain recent
Kanye production, BP3, BP2, and certain Jay guest spots that I felt he just phoned it in. I did ask like a bunch of pages back 
for a legit non stan-like opinion of it for people who already got the album, and did notice the definite extremes of it. So I was
actually gonna buy the album regardless cause I'm one of the few people who get in their car and support artists they're fans
of. 

You should've just listened to the album before coming to this thread and taken the time to form your own opinion cause there's only 2 sides in this thread. Those in love with it and those that despise it and since you already had low expectations you're most likely only looking at the negative reviews people have given it so you're most likely biased and looking not to like it so it's already doomed in your opinion. You should just ignore whatever anyone has said in this thread and take the time to carefully listen to the album and base your opinion around how you feel about it and not how others on here do.

Nah, I had low expectations of the album before I even came in here. Those low expectations were based on certain recent
Kanye production, BP3, BP2, and certain Jay guest spots that I felt he just phoned it in. I did ask like a bunch of pages back 
for a legit non stan-like opinion of it for people who already got the album, and did notice the definite extremes of it. So I was
actually gonna buy the album regardless cause I'm one of the few people who get in their car and support artists they're fans
of. 

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If they already have artwork for "Negroes in Paris" then that is the next single they runnin' wit'?

The artwork I posed was what I found on google, I think it was fan made
Ohhhhhhhhh okay.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If they already have artwork for "Negroes in Paris" then that is the next single they runnin' wit'?

The artwork I posed was what I found on google, I think it was fan made
Ohhhhhhhhh okay.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

of. 

I understand but try judging it based on itself and not past projects. It's a different album than the ones you posted. Good to see someone who actually $upports artists they like in this day and age 
pimp.gif

Oh and why the avy change Dipset? You're old sonic one was appreciated 
pimp.gif

of. 

I understand but try judging it based on itself and not past projects. It's a different album than the ones you posted. Good to see someone who actually $upports artists they like in this day and age 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

of. 

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Yuku won't lemme upload it as a avatar again. When it finishes uploadin' it just sits there with no "Upload was successful!" confirmation 
mad.gif

of. 

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Yuku won't lemme upload it as a avatar again. When it finishes uploadin' it just sits there with no "Upload was successful!" confirmation 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

There are no more fans people, just stans.
...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You are the same guys who go
eek.gif
over simple punchlines because someone you idolize as "so great" said it.

They don't even sound good together, no chemistry whatsoever. Sounds very forced.

You're blinded by the talent and his charisma and his "bigger than life" persona, but at the end of the day as a RAPPER he is average, and you can't even handle the fact that he is NOT GREAT in every possible. People are so eager to label GOATS and LEGENDS and CLASSICS.....Kanye is one of the best producers of our time and will be remembered for that and for the songs he makes, but to say "raw lyrical talent"......lol. 

I've seen a lot of "it has to grow on me" replies like....you don't think its an
eek.gif
album but you have to replay it over and over and hear it on the radio over and over until you can label it classic....Hip Hip is not the only genre of music you know but then again this is NT.

The tolerance for dumbed down lyrics, what happened to Hip Hop.

Nope. What happened to hip-hop is the continued tolerance for elitist ++!#*%*# such as yourself who insist that YOUR musical taste is somehow more "correct" or "better" than someone else's who differs from you. All in an art form that encourages freedom of personal expression, not stifle it or require its artists to conform to any one standard. That is more arrogant and self-centered than anything else.

Yall clowns enjoy going at the necks of people who like the album or Kanye's music/lyrics. Gotta put this album on blast and get in my zone
wink.gif
...and I said I enjoyed the album, not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, some dope tracks, some meh tracks, and some tracks that do not belong. Close to a 4 out of 5 (more like 3.75 out of 5).
My post was commenting only to people claiming Ye is great in all aspects on his craft when he isn't....and I respect him in the areas that are his strong suit such as making good songs, excellent and creative production, etc.

Saying Jay-Z and Ye have no chemistry on this is not hating or being elitist, its a fair judgement coming as a fan of both artists. Sorry if I don't think everything they spew is gold.

"DIS @%@$ CRAY"

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

There are no more fans people, just stans.
...and I love Ye but this post just reeks of D riding, holy. Dude saying Ye' never "sold out" at any point as if he's been underground his whole career....guy is as commercial as it gets. You are the same guys who go
eek.gif
over simple punchlines because someone you idolize as "so great" said it.

They don't even sound good together, no chemistry whatsoever. Sounds very forced.

You're blinded by the talent and his charisma and his "bigger than life" persona, but at the end of the day as a RAPPER he is average, and you can't even handle the fact that he is NOT GREAT in every possible. People are so eager to label GOATS and LEGENDS and CLASSICS.....Kanye is one of the best producers of our time and will be remembered for that and for the songs he makes, but to say "raw lyrical talent"......lol. 

I've seen a lot of "it has to grow on me" replies like....you don't think its an
eek.gif
album but you have to replay it over and over and hear it on the radio over and over until you can label it classic....Hip Hip is not the only genre of music you know but then again this is NT.

The tolerance for dumbed down lyrics, what happened to Hip Hop.

Nope. What happened to hip-hop is the continued tolerance for elitist ++!#*%*# such as yourself who insist that YOUR musical taste is somehow more "correct" or "better" than someone else's who differs from you. All in an art form that encourages freedom of personal expression, not stifle it or require its artists to conform to any one standard. That is more arrogant and self-centered than anything else.

Yall clowns enjoy going at the necks of people who like the album or Kanye's music/lyrics. Gotta put this album on blast and get in my zone
wink.gif
...and I said I enjoyed the album, not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, some dope tracks, some meh tracks, and some tracks that do not belong. Close to a 4 out of 5 (more like 3.75 out of 5).
My post was commenting only to people claiming Ye is great in all aspects on his craft when he isn't....and I respect him in the areas that are his strong suit such as making good songs, excellent and creative production, etc.

Saying Jay-Z and Ye have no chemistry on this is not hating or being elitist, its a fair judgement coming as a fan of both artists. Sorry if I don't think everything they spew is gold.

"DIS @%@$ CRAY"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Thread got wild as usual. I learned a long time ago the music forum is full of nothing but "Purists" and Hipsters

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Thread got wild as usual. I learned a long time ago the music forum is full of nothing but "Purists" and Hipsters

Originally Posted by grittyman20

The last few pages of this thread is ridiculous...multiple paragraphs about an album you don't even like? "That shhh cray"
99124221did_not_read.gif
This lol. So many people were enjoying this album in the earlier pages that those who didn't had to wait for it to die down a little before getting on offense. Ain't nothing going on now but stans stanning and haters hating. And b4 anyone says anything ya'll can miss me with that opinion bs. Opinions only need be made once. If you in here arguing over an album you love or hate you're doing more than giving an opinion. But that's the NT way I guess. Dudes forever doing too much.

The last few pages of this thread is ridiculous...multiple paragraphs about an album you don't even like? "That shhh cray"
99124221did_not_read.gif
This lol. So many people were enjoying this album in the earlier pages that those who didn't had to wait for it to die down a little before getting on offense. Ain't nothing going on now but stans stanning and haters hating. And b4 anyone says anything ya'll can miss me with that opinion bs. Opinions only need be made once. If you in here arguing over an album you love or hate you're doing more than giving an opinion. But that's the NT way I guess. Dudes forever doing too much.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I try to do my part man, cause I don't make a fuss over $9.99....hell, I MAY even be tempted to pick up Ace Hood at that $7 price...emphasis on may though.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I try to do my part man, cause I don't make a fuss over $9.99....hell, I MAY even be tempted to pick up Ace Hood at that $7 price...emphasis on may though.

tyisny wrote:
and BTW  that lil section of Welcome to the Jungle where Hov goes ape %@!+
eek.gif
... The Word Play, The Way him and Ye are pretty much questioning God on taking away those important... Then Jays Goes Off into Naming some of the greats/ while at the same time showing the failure of this "dream" and the damages Fame Causes to the artist

My "Dreams" are Big

Notorious+BIG.jpg

Right on point homie!

I was sitting here today listening to this track over and over and I got the same reaction to yours.

tyisny wrote:
eek.gif
... The Word Play, The Way him and Ye are pretty much questioning God on taking away those important... Then Jays Goes Off into Naming some of the greats/ while at the same time showing the failure of this "dream" and the damages Fame Causes to the artist

My "Dreams" are Big

Notorious+BIG.jpg

Right on point homie!

I was sitting here today listening to this track over and over and I got the same reaction to yours.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

roll.gif
 i think imma have to take a hiatus from the music forum for a minute after this fiasco...

forreal. Grown men gettin pissed off cause somebody has a different preference in music. Come on man.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

roll.gif
 i think imma have to take a hiatus from the music forum for a minute after this fiasco...

forreal. Grown men gettin pissed off cause somebody has a different preference in music. Come on man.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

tyisny wrote:
eek.gif

My "Dreams" are Big

Notorious+BIG.jpg

Right on point homie!

Right after this, he shouted out pac too
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

99124221did_not_read.gif

This.it's one thing to not like something or to think something is dope,but when you start attacking people and dissing people because of their taste that's wack.Good example I actually can't stand J.Cole and I think he's boring but I'm not gonna attack homie for being a fan of his cuz at the end of the day it's all hip-hop and it's all love and best believe that Cole and Kanye respect each other as rappers so why can't we respect each others taste and opinions.if u like WTT then u like it and if you don't you don't.no big deal

Back
Top Bottom