return address read

Jay-Z & Kanye West
4 Brussels St
Woreester MA 01610

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

since the other thread was locked......

Originally Posted by Peep Game

The only artists Jay himself pushed that weren't already successful before him were Memphis Bleek, Freeway, Young Gunz, and Beanie Sigel, and they still never became household names.
Everybody else that Jay-Z has dealt with were already made artists (Cam'Ron, Twista, Beyonce, Rihanna, etc etc). You could even make that case for Kanye too, cause he had been producing
for Jay way before he started rapping for him, so he was gonna get a shot regardless
. I just really think Jay-Z doesn't know how to manage artists from the ground up, they have to already have
major buzz for him to truly get behind them.

- no he wasnt, sounds like someone fell asleep on "Last Call"

Then, you know, I'm
not gonna name no names, but people told me, "oh he's just a producer
rapper" and told 3H that told the heads of the Capitol, and right--
the day I'm talking about, I planned out everything I was gonna do
man, I had picked out clothes, I already started booking studio
sessions, I started arranging my album, thinking of marketing schemes
man I was ready to go. And they had Mel call me, they said
"yo... Capitol pulled on the deal"
[Mel:] "Yo, Capitol pulled out on the deal."
And, you know I told them that Rocafella was interested
and I don't know if they thought that was just something I was saying
to gas them up to try to push the price up or whatever. I went up... I
called G, I said, "man, you think we could still get that deal with Rocafella?"

...yeah he been producing, but labels were still playing him to the left even by his own admission. to add to that, IMHO had Kanye landed on another label Capitol or otherwise Ye would not have devoloped into the artist we know today....or even still be on the scene as an artist.

- it took Kanye to get on the ROC in order for him to have the chance to flourish into what we know him as today. and last i check Rockafella = "the house that Jay built". regardless if Dame gave him his shot.

The only artists Jay himself pushed that weren't already successful before him were Memphis Bleek, Freeway, Young Gunz, and Beanie Sigel, and they still never became household names.
Everybody else that Jay-Z has dealt with were already made artists (Cam'Ron, Twista, Beyonce, Rihanna, etc etc). You could even make that case for Kanye too, cause he had been producing
for Jay way before he started rapping for him, so he was gonna get a shot regardless
. I just really think Jay-Z doesn't know how to manage artists from the ground up, they have to already have

- no he wasnt, sounds like someone fell asleep on "Last Call"

Then, you know, I'm
not gonna name no names, but people told me, "oh he's just a producer
rapper" and told 3H that told the heads of the Capitol, and right--
the day I'm talking about, I planned out everything I was gonna do
man, I had picked out clothes, I already started booking studio
sessions, I started arranging my album, thinking of marketing schemes
man I was ready to go. And they had Mel call me, they said
"yo... Capitol pulled on the deal"
[Mel:] "Yo, Capitol pulled out on the deal."
And, you know I told them that Rocafella was interested
and I don't know if they thought that was just something I was saying
to gas them up to try to push the price up or whatever. I went up... I
called G, I said, "man, you think we could still get that deal with Rocafella?"

...yeah he been producing, but labels were still playing him to the left even by his own admission. to add to that, IMHO had Kanye landed on another label Capitol or otherwise Ye would not have devoloped into the artist we know today....or even still be on the scene as an artist.

- it took Kanye to get on the ROC in order for him to have the chance to flourish into what we know him as today. and last i check Rockafella = "the house that Jay built". regardless if Dame gave him his shot.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

no he wasnt, sounds like someone fell asleep on "Last Call"
   Sounds like someone was in a coma since 1999 and woke up in time for 'College Dropout'
Spoiler [+]

Sounds like someone was in a coma since 1999 and woke up in time for 'College Dropout'
Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

......but your statement is still false though:

Everybody else that Jay-Z has dealt with were already made artists

- those werent the only artists....Kanye was.

Spoiler [+]

......but your statement is still false though:

Everybody else that Jay-Z has dealt with were already made artists

So Kanye wasn't a successful PRODUCER before Jay-Z started pushing him an a solo artist? And if I remember correctly, some dude mentioned it
was actually Dame and not Jay-Z who pushed him in the first place.

So Kanye wasn't a successful PRODUCER before Jay-Z started pushing him an a solo artist? And if I remember correctly, some dude mentioned it
was actually Dame and not Jay-Z who pushed him in the first place.

^^^I figured they did that on purpose just because it's a bonus track. Though usually albums are only like that if it's promoted as
a "hidden bonus track" (like Killer Mike's 2003 album). The song is just supposed to be 5 minutes anyway.

Oh thats a bonus track? Hmmm had no idea. Thanks man

And I thought "ZERO-ZERO-ZERO-ZERO, A WHOLE LOTTA O'S!!!" and "icks-nay off my %#@@%-nay" were both hilarious. Didnt take them seriously at all and Im sure he didnt write them to be serious "hard" lines 
eyes.gif

^^^I figured they did that on purpose just because it's a bonus track. Though usually albums are only like that if it's promoted as
a "hidden bonus track" (like Killer Mike's 2003 album). The song is just supposed to be 5 minutes anyway.

And I thought "ZERO-ZERO-ZERO-ZERO, A WHOLE LOTTA O'S!!!" and "icks-nay off my %#@@%-nay" were both hilarious. Didnt take them seriously at all and Im sure he didnt write them to be serious "hard" lines 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

You can also adjust the song on iTunes without always having to scroll to when it starts. Saved me a lot of hassle.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

You can also adjust the song on iTunes without always having to scroll to when it starts. Saved me a lot of hassle.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Can someone summarize this thread please?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So an album dropped.  Kanye and Jay have lyrics described as "plane lyrics" meaning they go right over your head.  After multiple listens you summarize in your opinion what they meant by them. Sometimes we are reaching, and other times it's just 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Take it for what it's worth... 

As for the outlook of the album, I don't think one person said this was "thrash" .. Some people (of course) hated on it, but for the most part NT liked the album.  I'd have to say that "IMFA" & "Gotta Have it" are the fan favorites.. "Who Gon Stop Me" is getting the 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 treatment for the beat change among other things... which is great because I agree..

Everyone will agree that the production is on another level.

Otis video dropped.  

Deluxe version came out today. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Can someone summarize this thread please?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So an album dropped.  Kanye and Jay have lyrics described as "plane lyrics" meaning they go right over your head.  After multiple listens you summarize in your opinion what they meant by them. Sometimes we are reaching, and other times it's just 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Take it for what it's worth... 

As for the outlook of the album, I don't think one person said this was "thrash" .. Some people (of course) hated on it, but for the most part NT liked the album.  I'd have to say that "IMFA" & "Gotta Have it" are the fan favorites.. "Who Gon Stop Me" is getting the 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 treatment for the beat change among other things... which is great because I agree..

Everyone will agree that the production is on another level.

Otis video dropped.  

Deluxe version came out today. 

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

well let me be the first to say its trash then. more power to y'all if you dig it, it's just not for me
well nevermind then we have one guy who dislikes it.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

well let me be the first to say its trash then. more power to y'all if you dig it, it's just not for me
well nevermind then we have one guy who dislikes it.

Back
Top Bottom