<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

So are we not supposed to talk about how they end the video with the mason symbol? I'm sure they're just trolling at this point, though. Dope Vid.
No, it's at a point where it's like, "Guys, we get it. You're Illuminati... Now just go and make sweet music."

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

So are we not supposed to talk about how they end the video with the mason symbol? I'm sure they're just trolling at this point, though. Dope Vid.
No, it's at a point where it's like, "Guys, we get it. You're Illuminati... Now just go and make sweet music."

DX: I wanna get more into that discussion about corporate control here in a minute, but I do have one more question regarding that tweet I asked you about. You additionally tweeted that Kanye and Jay’s song, “N in Paris appeals to who? Black folk in France? USA White kids? Black kids who probably never learn further about it, perhaps never go there?

DX: I wanna get more into that discussion about corporate control here in a minute, but I do have one more question regarding that tweet I asked you about. You additionally tweeted that Kanye and Jay’s song, “N in Paris appeals to who? Black folk in France? USA White kids? Black kids who probably never learn further about it, perhaps never go there?

Originally Posted by gllahone84

After listening to the version by Mos I can definitely see where Chuck D is coming from.
if hiphop can speak on violence as "news", can't they speak on their personal wealth?

After listening to the version by Mos I can definitely see where Chuck D is coming from.
if hiphop can speak on violence as "news", can't they speak on their personal wealth?

I'm the opposite. I don't see where Chuck D is coming from. At all.

I'm the opposite. I don't see where Chuck D is coming from. At all.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Artists are free to speak on whatever topic they choose.

For as smart as Chuck D is, he sounds like a damn idiot. That song and the whole album for that matter, obviously flew right over his damn head. For all the trash, foolishness, and ignorance that is on the radio today, he gonna criticize these cats? SMH

For as smart as Chuck D is, he sounds like a damn idiot. That song and the whole album for that matter, obviously flew right over his damn head. For all the trash, foolishness, and ignorance that is on the radio today, he gonna criticize these cats? SMH

Ill just leave this here...

Ill just leave this here...

Young Guru has his opinion on the matter, and Chuck D has his. Chuck D said he's not mad at the dudes, but if you're the type of person who thinks being a +%#!$ in Paris is progressive then...
laugh.gif

I thought it was a good read for the most part, and in no way did I think the track by Mos was a shot at Jay and Kanye. Everybody knows their cool with each other. But imo it's good to see the other side of the coin.

Young Guru has his opinion on the matter, and Chuck D has his. Chuck D said he's not mad at the dudes, but if you're the type of person who thinks being a +%#!$ in Paris is progressive then...
laugh.gif

I thought it was a good read for the most part, and in no way did I think the track by Mos was a shot at Jay and Kanye. Everybody knows their cool with each other. But imo it's good to see the other side of the coin.

Chuck d mad or what? Here's my take, Kanye and Jay have done how many songs that speak to their struggles/failures/upbringing, and now they get criticized for making a song about their success? Let them do whatever they want, they have every right to make songs about anything they choose. I do think the radio and maintstream have something to do by making this song accessible to the common ear, so now we have everyone listening to this song and just think it's dope cuz they heard "that sh*t kray", or "what she order? fish fillet", but if you listen to WTT as an album, there are more messages and N in paris is a mere changeup from the overall theme.

Chuck d mad or what? Here's my take, Kanye and Jay have done how many songs that speak to their struggles/failures/upbringing, and now they get criticized for making a song about their success? Let them do whatever they want, they have every right to make songs about anything they choose. I do think the radio and maintstream have something to do by making this song accessible to the common ear, so now we have everyone listening to this song and just think it's dope cuz they heard "that sh*t kray", or "what she order? fish fillet", but if you listen to WTT as an album, there are more messages and N in paris is a mere changeup from the overall theme.

laugh.gif

But Chuck D was clearly peeved though. You can tell by how short he was being with the interviewer. Guru pretty much hit the nail on the head. The dichotomy is clear, some people just take one side and refuse to acknowledge the other. The better route forward is to understand and appreciate both.

laugh.gif

But Chuck D was clearly peeved though. You can tell by how short he was being with the interviewer. Guru pretty much hit the nail on the head. The dichotomy is clear, some people just take one side and refuse to acknowledge the other. The better route forward is to understand and appreciate both.

Back
Top Bottom