should have a grammy off that album

not tryna equate me or anyone in america
to a child worker or anything
but we here in america are overworked as well
i hear in european countries
folks have more vacations
and have less stress because of work
anyone know why that is???

When I mention overworked & undepaid I’m talking about a work force in Asia & Africa that don’t have the type of labor laws or even unions (which I hate) that protect workers.

So when I mention that, it’s worse there by a large margin compared to here. The work force being used are often required to sleep to sleep on the premises & also required to work over time without being properly compensated. They also have alarmingly high suicide rates. Apple & Samsung phone are made at factories like this. Both companies said those issues were addressed but they haven’t been.

same folks saying its ok to listen to kanye after this
was in the r kelly thread saying
they never gonna listen to him again
when it can be argued r kelly has put out some of his best material
during his trial years
chocolate factory
love letter
tp3.com
and love letter is actually a classic
like if that trial had dent happened
that album woulda changed the course of r&b
cause of what he did on that album
should have a grammy off that album

Name names

Can’t believe this thread is this long.

Grew up in the MS delta; did undergrad at an SEC school, MBA from an HBCU. Seen systemic racism all my life. Saw black staff in undergrad look at me like I wasn’t supposed to be there. Had a black peer counselor (encouraged to visit one to guide schedule making for upcoming semesters) who was on the same wave length as that girl Kanye is hanging with now. She couldn’t grasp how I was there without being on an athletic scholarship. (Pretty black girl too. Could’ve been good together for bout a semester and a half.) Stopped being surprised by ignorance from whites and blacks a long time ago. To say that to remain a slave was a choice is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. If you’re fortunate enough to have your grandfather around, ask why he chose not to talk back to whites growing up or why he went to the back of diners to get served instead of sitting inside. Or why he chose to do nothing when he was called a ****** and spat upon. Why didn’t he spit back? Why didn’t he kick those dogs and attack the men who intended to harm him. The simplest answer is he likely would have been killed for it. To say slaves had a choice hundreds of years ago when our grandparents didn’t have a choice 60 years ago is beyond ignorant. It’s just stupid.

As far as Kanye, haven’t rocked with him in years. Haven’t been a fan of his music in a long time. Would never buy his shoes or clothes.

IMG_2503.JPG
People upset with adidas standing by Kanye like they didn't try to drop these

Those Adidas were supposedly based on this

A toy called "my pet monster" from the 90s
tumblr_nh5uzxbWEd1rsxqqio1_500.jpg

Either way it's stupid and was not thought out.

I'm just pointing that tho out please don't put me on "the list"

Shout out to Slim Thug for his posts on IG.

And for the record... I’m still watching Bill Cosby shows/movies and listening to my favorite R Kelly tracks. *kanye shrug* lol

Can’t believe this thread is this long.

Grew up in the MS delta; did undergrad at an SEC school, MBA from an HBCU. Seen systemic racism all my life. Saw black staff in undergrad look at me like I wasn’t supposed to be there. Had a black peer counselor (encouraged to visit one to guide schedule making for upcoming semesters) who was on the same wave length as that girl Kanye is hanging with now. She couldn’t grasp how I was there without being on an athletic scholarship. (Pretty black girl too. Could’ve been good together for bout a semester and a half.) Stopped being surprised by ignorance from whites and blacks a long time ago. To say that to remain a slave was a choice is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. If you’re fortunate enough to have your grandfather around, ask why he chose not to talk back to whites growing up or why he went to the back of diners to get served instead of sitting inside. Or why he chose to do nothing when he was called a ****** and spat upon. Why didn’t he spit back? Why didn’t he kick those dogs and attack the men who intended to harm him. The simplest answer is he likely would have been killed for it. To say slaves had a choice hundreds of years ago when our grandparents didn’t have a choice 60 years ago is beyond ignorant. It’s just stupid.

As far as Kanye, haven’t rocked with him in years. Haven’t been a fan of his music in a long time. Would never buy his shoes or clothes.
What part of the Delta you from? I’m a delta boy myself. Still live here

Back
Top Bottom