Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

No matter how you try to convince yourself that you aren't, you inevitably are supporting someone who is against your beliefs.
even if i am
some beliefs are more important
or stronger than some
theres someone out there who thinks slavery is wrong
but abortion is bad
while i think slavery is wrong
and its up to the parents to choose
and live with that decision
i know i have
but lets not act like everything we believe is on the same level
most folks may think abortion is more important of a topic to them
than slavery
and vice versa
and my belief slavery waaaay worse
than a woman right to choose
now im rambling
and lost my train of thought
u get what im trying to say though right

I hate the argument that you can’t boycott Kanye if you wear or buy ____.

Polo always been racist, that ain’t new. You think they want young minorities wearing their ****? Hell no. Trick Daddy said they told him stop mentioning them in his music.

You think Gucci and LV like seeing rappers in their ****? Hell no, that’s the world. Most businesses are ran by rich white men. You can still boycott a black man with a huge platform speaking like this, that’s a no brainer but I see for some of you it isn’t

You have kids, if you support Nike, then you are supporting a company that doesn't respect kids, through the form of child labor. Let alone the other brands that you support that probably do the same thing.

Again man, we ALL, "Support Kanyes" if we look into our worlds
actually sold all my nikes recently
posted about it in the af1 thread
been buying my kids toms and vans strictly lately
but i get ur point

I hate the argument that you can’t boycott Kanye if you wear or buy ____.

Polo always been racist, that ain’t new. You think they want young minorities wearing their ****? Hell no. Trick Daddy said they told him stop mentioning them in his music.

You think Gucci and LV like seeing rappers in their ****? Hell no, that’s the world. Most businesses are ran by rich white men. You can still boycott a black man with a huge platform speaking like this, that’s a no brainer but I see for some of you it isn’t
No, the argument is, "It is hypocritical if you get on someone for supporting Kanye (still) when you still support _______."

That is the argument

I don't care who or what people find entertainment from. I listen to plenty of trash artists for comedic/entertainment value. Still, I don't take their ridiculous lyrics/beliefs and start incorporating them in real life, which is what many people are doing on here

even if i am
or stronger than some
theres someone out there who thinks slavery is wrong
but abortion is bad
while i think slavery is wrong
and its up to the parents to choose
and live with that decision
i know i have
than slavery
and vice versa
now im rambling

:lol: I believe I get what you're trying to say. I was just responding to the original point.

No, the argument is, "It is hypocritical if you get on someone for supporting Kanye (still) when you still support _______."

That is the argument
but u dont know who i support though
so its invalid
also its different supporting someone cause of needing to
and choosing to overlook their beliefs even though they are a detriment
to u and what u should hold dear and believe in

but u dont know who i support though
so its invalid
also its different supporting someone cause of needing to
and choosing to overlook their beliefs even though they are a detriment
to u and what u should hold dear and believe in
I am not speaking about YOU, I am making a general statement.

You have kids, if you support Nike, then you are supporting a company that doesn't respect kids, through the form of child labor. Let alone the other brands that you support that probably do the same thing.

Again man, we ALL, "Support Kanyes" if we look into our worlds

Child labor has stopped but all sports wear is made by overworked underpaid labor. Same thing with most electronics & phones.

Got a hybrid or electric car? Got a smart phone? Got a tablet or lap top? Got anything with lithium ion batttery? The cobalt used for it was definitely made by child slave & slave labor where they are badly beaten & not fed often... Not just some of the batteries, all of them...

I don't care who or what people find entertainment from. I listen to plenty of trash artists for comedic/entertainment value. Still, I don't take their ridiculous lyrics/beliefs and start incorporating them in real life, which is what many people are doing on here
This is how I feel.

Chris Benoit, murdered his wife and kids. Horrible situation.

I am able to still watch his in-ring work and enjoy it, because he was an excellent wrestler. What he did doesn't take away from me enjoying his expertise. Everyone can't/doesn't feel the same way, and that is ok. That is understandable.

All I am saying is the, "You shouldn't listen or buy Kanye's shoes" crowd is being WILDLY judgemental right now.

Child labor has stopped but all sports wear is made by overworked underpaid labor. Same thing with most electronics & phones.
not tryna equate me or anyone in america
to a child worker or anything
but we here in america are overworked as well
i hear in european countries
folks have more vacations
and have less stress because of work
anyone know why that is???

even if i am
or stronger than some

than slavery
and vice versa
now im rambling
1. Why do you even HAVE to compare atrocities?

2. What is important/not important, is up to the user of the product. There isn't a universal scale for these atrocities. Wrong is wrong. You can't SHAME someone else for being cool with supporting people/companies that are in favor of abortion when you (impersonal) support people/companies that are putting money into private prisons. How can you OBJECTIVELY say one is worse than the other?

So again, let folks be entertained by their own evil doers because chances are, you are doing the same in your household

2. What is important/not important, is up to the user of the product. There isn't a universal scale for these atrocities. Wrong is wrong. You can't SHAME someone else for being cool with supporting people/companies that are in favor of abortion when you (impersonal) support people/companies that are putting money into private prisons. How can you OBJECTIVELY say one is worse than the other?

So again, let folks be entertained by their own evil doers because chances are, you are doing the same in your household

very valid points
wrong is wrong
but not all wrongs are equal

Yeah I don't have a problem with people supporting/not supporting the product, but when you take that support so far you are actually agree with the negative acts outside the product then you look crazy. Like if DC was up in here "I'm a fan of Benoit's work, so I think what he did was great".

This is how I feel.

Chris Benoit, murdered his wife and kids. Horrible situation.

I am able to still watch his in-ring work and enjoy it, because he was an excellent wrestler. What he did doesn't take away from me enjoying his expertise. Everyone can't/doesn't feel the same way, and that is ok. That is understandable.

All I am saying is the, "You shouldn't listen or buy Kanye's shoes" crowd is being WILDLY judgemental right now.

You're still foul for that petition you wrote trying to get him in the WWE hall of fame tho

Back
Top Bottom