Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Right? When I learned that that word made some people feel ****ty, I felt like a complete ******* for having used it even when I didn't know. Same with the F word used as a slur against LGBTQ+ folks. 15 years ago I used to use it just joking with friends, like "Give me that F&@@)T lol". I threw it around as freely as the word *****. Then I heard someone break down the origin and it was a "Oh wait what?" moment and I've literally not used the word since. The fact that some people KNOW and STILL use those words blows me away. Like they literally do not give the slightest **** about anyone but themselves. Yet they'll say they're huge Christians and everyone should be like Jesus and I'm left just asking what the ****?
The F word was always a slur tho unless you're from Britain. ******ed developed into a slur.

The F word was always a slur tho unless you're from Britain. ******ed developed into a slur.
Yea but 15 years ago it was thrown around like *****, at least where I was from. It didn't mean actually an LGBTQ+ person, it was just a word thrown around. Like Kobe above, he wasn't using it as a slur, he was just using to insinuate the person was LGBTQ+. It was a word that could be used as a slur but could also just be used in place of "man". Instead of "**** you man", it was "**** you f*****".

Yea but 15 years ago it was thrown around like *****, at least where I was from. It didn't mean actually an LGBTQ+ person, it was just a word thrown around. Like Kobe above, he wasn't using it as a slur, he was just using to insinuate the person was LGBTQ+.
It was def more used 15 years ago but it was always a slur, no other use of the word besides Britain's who called cigarettes ****. In the US it's always been a slur but like many slurs, it was tolerated.

N word was widely used for a long time too. You cool with that one too?
you can tell he uses that word and every other racial slur in his everyday life. Those right wing conservative slime are all racists at heart and call everything thats normally decent "woke" and call consequences of hate and immorality "cancel culture" all the while claiming to be christian.

Watching the original Hangover is very cringey these days due to the use of the LGBT+ F-word. Wild times, but perfect example of I think all of us from that era. It ain't that hard to listen to each other and understand why words hurt.

One of the best lines from watching Spike Lee's Malcolm X: "A man curses because he doesn't have the words to say what's on his mind." Society has dumbed us down to where we fling all types of profanity out there every other word. Television is a prime example of that.

It was def more used 15 years ago but it was always a slur, no other use of the word besides Britain's who called cigarettes ****. In the US it's always been a slur but like many slurs, it was tolerated.
Right, what I'm saying is it was used a lot back then in a non-slur form, if that makes sense. Like when Kobe called the ref that, it was a substitute for "*****" or "man". It was thrown around a lot and a lot of the time it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. I used it and definitely wasn't referring to sexual orientation when I did. I think a lot of people were just ignorant to the origin and true meaning of it.

79C082CE-8D98-485D-A8F7-7ED1D3B33717.gif

He was using in a derogatory sense. We used it jokingly and degradingly back in the day, but it was never to truly call someone a homosexual. Hell, we even used to use gay as "bad" or "sucks." Wasn't trying to disparage anyone's sexuality, but definitely was not a term of endearment.

Right, what I'm saying is it was used a lot back then in a non-slur form, if that makes sense. Like when Kobe called the ref that, it was a substitute for "*****" or "man". It was thrown around a lot and a lot of the time it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. I used it and definitely wasn't referring to sexual orientation when I did. I think a lot of people were just ignorant to the origin and true meaning of it.
Kobe was insulting him bruh. The origin of the f word was a slur, you may have been just using a word you heard and didn't know the meaning of but 100% Kobe was trying to insult the ref..

Kobe was insulting him bruh. The origin of the f word was a slur, you may have been just using a word you heard and didn't know the meaning of but 100% Kobe was trying to insult the ref..
Every insult isn't a slur. I do think Kobe was using it in a demeaning way but not as a homosexual slur.

52C0842B-A19F-4DEF-B3FD-A0772D0B3B5F.gif

Ok now I feel like you coming in with an angle.
Haha na not sure how we even got on this subject. Point was some people use terms they don't fully know the meaning of and there's 2 types of those people. Decent people that, once learning, stop immediately and feel like **** for having done it. The other couldn't care less about others and continue to use and think the people getting upset over it are the issue.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 I get what you're saying. I remember when I was a kid, at least where I'm from, calling someone f_____ wasn't necessarily meant to imply he was gay, but it was used a lot to describe someone who was being annoying, stupid, obnoxious, etc. as hell. I mean, as a kid, I knew the homophobic meaning of the word too, but that's not how it was generally used in my circle. We knew kids who were most likely gay but we never abused them or referred to them with that word.

When I got older and actually met more openly gay people though, I remember thinking "Nah even though my intent isn't to be homophobic, the people around me would get hurt regardless" and stopped using the word immediately. It's not even hard to do, which is why it's bizarre to see people argue for hours about why they deserve to be able to use certain offensive words.

It's kind of like a more hurtful/extreme version of how many of us used to refer to women as "b____" back in the day even if we had no negative feelings towards them. "That b____ is :pimp:" You wouldn't catch me referring to my woman or any woman I respect as a b_____ today though. I'm not perfect, I still refer to male or female as that if they attack me in some way, but I avoid throwing it around lightly.

Last edited:
Wonder if they would carry the Kim K Beats in Yemerica for cheaper like how stuff is cheaper in Vegas.

Right? When I learned that that word made some people feel ****ty, I felt like a complete ******* for having used it even when I didn't know. Same with the F word used as a slur against LGBTQ+ folks. 15 years ago I used to use it just joking with friends, like "Give me that F&@@)T lol". I threw it around as freely as the word *****. Then I heard someone break down the origin and it was a "Oh wait what?" moment and I've literally not used the word since. The fact that some people KNOW and STILL use those words blows me away. Like they literally do not give the slightest **** about anyone but themselves. Yet they'll say they're huge Christians and everyone should be like Jesus and I'm left just asking what the ****?
The F word was mostly used by white guys

Back
Top Bottom