Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Re: F Word

I've never known it to be used as anything other than an insult.

Sure, it doesn't always mean you are calling someone GAY but it has ALWAYS been an insult.

Not sure what that argument is even about.

Seems like yall are arguing two different things.

The F word was mostly used by white guys

Yea that is nowhere near true. I was never around white people forreal until I went away for school and I definitely heard it used super regularly.

FfoVTS-VQAEU3GV.jpg

Imagine during the Renaissance the conservatives today mad that people are “woke”…

“THE HELL YOU MEAN THE EARTH AINT FLAT”
“GRAVITY IS FAKE NEWS”

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am telling you dudes

We are living in a simulation, and aepps20 aepps20 is the lead programmeR
101A7F09-76ED-437F-A3DB-B96B5AD275DD.gif

01001100 01101001 01100010 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01010100 01001111 01000001 01010011 01010100 00100000 01010011 01000011 01010101 01001101 01010011

For da uninitiated that means LIBS ARE TOAST SCUMS.

Like a proud dad watching his only son that made it. Since 2016 I have told you fools that White Males are this generation's 1960s Black people and that "Straight white Male" is this generation's n word only worse. KanYEEZE letting you fools know where da Hop Hippity Intelligencia stands. ninjahood ninjahood FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST WE FREE AT LAST.

That is not true at all. I cringe when I hear that word in a lot of the hip hop music i love from the 90’s and 2000’s. I’m glad most of the community has moved on from that word lately but some others still wanna throw it around.

Hearing that **** in some of my favorite music from the 90’s/early 2000’s is wild jarring now. Like dudes were really throwing it around like nothing. Wild times.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 I get what you're saying. I remember when I was a kid, at least where I'm from, calling someone f_____ wasn't necessarily meant to imply he was gay, but it was used a lot to describe someone who was being annoying, stupid, obnoxious, etc. as hell. I mean, as a kid, I knew the homophobic meaning of the word too, but that's not how it was generally used in my circle. We knew kids who were most likely gay but we never abused them or referred to them with that word.

When I got older and actually met more openly gay people though, I remember thinking "Nah even though my intent isn't to be homophobic, the people around me would get hurt regardless" and stopped using the word immediately. It's not even hard to do, which is why it's bizarre to see people argue for hours about why they deserve to be able to use certain offensive words.

It's kind of like a more hurtful/extreme version of how many of us used to refer to women as "b____" back in the day even if we had no negative feelings towards them. "That b____ is :pimp:" You wouldn't catch me referring to my woman or any woman I respect as a b_____ today though. I'm not perfect, I still refer to male or female as that if they attack me in some way, but I avoid throwing it around lightly.

Yep. Same way "gay" used to get thrown around to mean something was stupid. Had several homosexual friends/family friends that I never would have wanted to hurt in a million years. Took one of my former managers calling a coworker out for using it to describe the ending of a movie for it to finally sink in. Removed it from my vocabulary that day and never used it in that way again. Had a similar relationship with the F word. Never meant any harm with it, just thought it was a funny word. Had someone lay it down for me the same way my manager did with "gay," and that was it for me. Probably my 2nd most despised word on the earth now, next to the N word.

Idk man the list of hip hop songs that have used it is looooooong

I just posted a whole track from eddie murphy's album about the word but dont want to get clapped.

That is not true at all. I cringe when I hear that word in a lot of the hip hop music i love from the 90’s and 2000’s. I’m glad most of the community has moved on from that word lately but some others still wanna throw it around.

Hearing that **** in some of my favorite music from the 90’s/early 2000’s is wild jarring now. Like dudes were really throwing it around like nothing. Wild times.

Shoooo, Brand Nubian's Punks Jump Up to Get Beat Down.

tumblr_oqc3818IAG1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Yep. Same way "gay" used to get thrown around to mean something was stupid. Had several homosexual friends/family friends that I never would have wanted to hurt in a million years. Took one of my former managers calling a coworker out for using it to describe the ending of a movie for it to finally sink in. Removed it from my vocabulary that day and never used it in that way again. Had a similar relationship with the F word. Never meant any harm with it, just thought it was a funny word. Had someone lay it down for me the same way my manager did with "gay," and that was it for me. Probably my 2nd most despised word on the earth now, next to the N word.

I used to say "gay" when I was younger just like that, to call something dumb or stupid. After a while it was like...it doesnt even make sense or sound right, why am I using it that way. :lol: Thats out of my vocab.

I do find it weird that the f word, f_ _ s not the whole 7 letters (plural), is slang for cigarettes in the UK. I wonder how common that slang is used there and how gay people react it. And its like, all types of people use it. Theres this UK airport show I watch, forgot what its called but its like border control and part of the show is catching people smuggling cigs into the UK (theres a limit on how much you can bring in from other European countries cause tax reasons) and its very common for the border agents to refer to the cigs as "f".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom