Kanye West: Rapper or Producer?

Originally Posted by Powfo

Producer, but I swear, ya'll underrate kanye's rapping ability. He has some of the best one liners of 07. Just because his production is AMAZING everyone sees his rap as mediocre. He's definitely top 10 right now.
WORD.

He's a better producer for sure, but I think his rapping career is pretty underrated. I don't think he's top 5 DOA in terms of rapping, but I thinkthat he's better than most people give him credit for.

i agree i think yall bein harsh on his rappin abilities, especially lately they have improved . but hes just such a great producer its rreally not even close

ehhh he fell off on the beat side... his best beats don't even come from him no more or he gets maaaaaad help... jon brion made late registration greatproduction wise and damn near every track on graduation was co produced...meaning kanye did the sample and MAYBE drums...

college dropout and before he was more of a producer(in the actual beat making sense)... he still oversees the $%*% so he's a "producer" stillbut now he's more of a rapper to me...

Kanye is as creative in rhyme as he in production... not to say that the both are at the same level, but let me share some quotables from just one album... notto mention all the features and mixtapes.

Code:
Good morning, on this day we become legendaryEverything we dreamed ofI'm like the fly Malcolm X, buy any jeans necessaryDetroit Red cleaned upGood morning and, look at the valedictorianScared of the future while I hop in the DeLoreanYou know how long I've been on ya?Since Prince was on ApolloniaSince O.J. had isotoners
Code:
Yo it's gots to be cause I'm seasonedHaters give me them salty looks - Lawry'sThe good life, so keep it comin with the bottlesCause she feel booze(boos) like she bombed at ApolloI'm just saying how I feel man (Why are we...late)I ain't one of the Cosbys, I aint going Hill man Treasure, what's your pleasure?Life is a, HUH, depending how you dress her (Oh oh oh oh oh)So if the devil wear Prada, Adam Eve wear nadaI'm in between but way more fresher I'm just sayin, hey Mona Lisa come homeYou know you can't +Rome+ without +Caesar+
Code:
While yall was in limbo I raised the bar upI touched on everythingMarried to the game rock a chain instead a wedding ringYall bridesmaids catch the garterSo yea at the Grammy's I went ultra TravoltaYea that tuxedo mighta been a little guido But with my ego I can stand here in a SpeedoAnd be looked at like a ****** heroShe said "Excuse me lil' homey, I know you don't know meBut, my name is Windy and, I like blow trees"Big brother saw me at the bottom of the totemNow I'm on the top and everybody on the scrotumWhen I kicked a flow it like pick-and-rollCuz even if he gave me the rock, it's give-and-goI guess Beanie's style was more of a slam dunkBut my *** was more like a finger roll

^exactly..dude got hella quotables. See "This way" "Grammy Family" "Crack music"
laugh.gif
stop playin dude.

he is a better producer.... but thats not saying a whole lot considering he sucks at rapping...

Originally Posted by ANDROOOW

Originally Posted by Powfo

Producer, but I swear, ya'll underrate kanye's rapping ability. He has some of the best one liners of 07. Just because his production is AMAZING everyone sees his rap as mediocre. He's definitely top 10 right now.
WORD.

truth. i feel like he forces a lot of him rhymes tho

Originally Posted by Big J 33

He's a better producer for sure, but I think his rapping career is pretty underrated. I don't think he's top 5 DOA in terms of rapping, but I think that he's better than most people give him credit for.
Delivery wise, hes nothing special. But he makes up for it in content and originality. His beats are crazy though, so def a better producer ( andnot a bad rapper at all, just gets judged harshly based on his beats)

And image/swagger wise... def top 5 out right now, even though hes a bit big/pig headed at times.
pimp.gif

Both ye cold as hell

So if the devil wear Prada, Adam Eve wear nada I'm in between but way more fresher
WHAT?!!

and the "you dont know my name"beat LOVELY i'm bout to do something serious to that beat

da boy cold and i for one am glad he's from the Land.
pimp.gif

Producer I like pretty much all the songs he produces for other artists.

Back
Top Bottom